If someone is breaking and entering your home should you be able to kill them?

• Yeah
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Morally I don’t think you should attack them with the intent to kill if simply subduing them is possible, but if you do happen to kill them I think that’s legally justifiable because you did so in an attempt to protect your property.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would Maim, I would want to kill but in order to avoid arrest while also staying safe and also pleasing myself (I'm a sadist)
    I would use a metal bar that is actually in my room and crack a rib or two, I would then proceed by straining their arm or arms, then twist their wrists in unreasonable ways ;) <3

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• In self defense, sure.

2|2
    0|0
  • If someone broke into my house without attempting to kill me, I'd try to scare them and/or call the police. But if they start being aggressive and threatening, I would bash their head in since they clearly have no intention of leaving.

1|2
    0|0
  • According to the Jewish law you should be able to kill them if they break into your house st night. This is because they know people are home and have malicious intent... however if they break in during the day they expect the people to be at work and only want to steal stuff so you don’t habe the right

0|2
    0|0
    • I assume meaning you see them with a weapon or ready to attack? I think the assumption that night means home and day means not home shouldn't matter. That being said, if they break in at anytime and you see them ready to kill like with a gun or knife or if they come charging, yes, killing seems a good choice because it means self defense. There should be enough proof though they did in fact come in with intent to steal/harm, or else there can be a deadly mistake. What part of the Torah, Mishnah, Talmud, Gemorah, etc. is that from? Also, you missed the Jewish business aspect of it. Theft shouldn't be a problem and if it is, you chose the wrong security company! Only Mezusah Security is the reliable choice! Call now or visit the dwindling population numbers at your local shul to speak with a Rabbi to find a deal just for you! (Only available in cites with 1 million + Jews. If that doesn't apply to you, too bad god hates u)

• Show All
    • Sok. My answer was intended to be satirical to cause a laugh. I think I don't remember that because it seems it's from exodus. I don't think I made it to that area in yeshiva. Too busy playing You, Me, Heaven and You, Me, Hell. Two of the best phone games in existence and both can likely teach better lessons in life than any shir while being both funnier and more fun.

• If they're running out, I wouldn't try to kill them. I just don't think my tv or whatever is worth their life.

But if they're attacking me or a loved one, I'm doing anything to try and keep us safe, including killing the intruder.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, you should be able to protect yourself and the people inside, but try to just injure them if they didn't do anything to hurt you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maim but not kill. No one has a right to kill anybody especially if other measures are at your disposal.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they try to hurt me and I hurt them and accidentally kill them in self defense. Then yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • The castle doctrine says yes.

0|2
    0|0
  • If they attack you yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Either kill or maim

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • No I can't. I'll just freak out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only in self defense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 40

• No, that's insane.

0|1
    1|0
  • if your personal safety is truly at risk yes

1|1
    0|0
  • Someone breaking into your home is not a direct threat to your life. You would need something beyond that in my opinion.

1|2
    0|0
    • Better safe than sorry

• Show All
    • Alright fair enough but could you say your opinion on the four categories?

Y = kill
      N = no
      Someone breaking and entering unarmed y/n
      Someone breaking and entering armed with a blunt object y/n
      Someone breaking and entering armed with a sharp object y/n
      Someone breaking and entering armed with a firearm y/n

• If I am worried about my own safety then running away in all those cases is best for my health and the same goes for my family. Starting a confrontation is by far the last resort and that is also in hope of creating an opportunity to escape.

• Vote C
    Depends.
    If you have reason to believe you can subdue, or scare off, a potential assailant with less than deadly force, using deadly force is immoral.
    This is the concept of "excessive force."

I wholeheartedly support a person's right to defend themselves, or others, with lethal force when necessary... but I firmly believe that it is often possible to, at no unacceptable risk, protect yourself without using lethal force.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ultimately yes.
    Though I do think steps should be taken to identify the level of threat.
    If for example during the day two dudes break the window and get in while you've got your kids upstairs then waiting at the stairs and firing a shot as soon as you see one of them is okay.
    If during the night you hear someone in your garage then shooting them isn't so necessary as a first step.

But obviously normally this would be the opposite- night is worse than day.

0|1
    0|0
  • police say killing is better, if you maim them they can sue you for pretty much everything and you could be the one going to jail instead of him. In my opinion killing is

0|1
    0|0
  • ABOLISH PRIVATE PROPERTY, they have just as much right to be there as you.

0|1
    2|0
    • this literally isn't even funny as a troll you could be getting invaded and they'd have shanks but if you shot them down like the pigs they are the UK government would give you murder sentences

• ... Pretty sure a shank isn't a real thing.

• Not just for b&e. Maybe a non-lethal weapon, but until the perpetrator starts to become violent with someone, it would be murder.

1|1
    0|0
  • I thought you should kill them, but maybe you should just point the gun at them and wait for the police to arrive, and only kill them if they're dangerous

0|2
    0|0
  • ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY?
    That person is me... I wasn't breaking in,
    It was Christmas and I was helping Santa
    fuck you all

0|1
    0|0
  • If they break in and are on the attack, yes. Once they run and retreat, if you continue to pursue with the intent to kill, then you can be charged.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beating their ass is okay.

But if they try to go for your life or that of a loved one, then it's either you or them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not unless you're in immediate physical danger, otherwise that's tantamount to extrajudicial execution.

1|1
    0|0
  • If it's the only way in the heat of the moment to protect yourself then it's justifyable

0|1
    0|0
  • You have every right to kill them. But if I were you, I would make sure I disable him for life and make him live so that he never does it again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes if necessarily but I mostly would taser him to avoid the whole drama shit and also possibly avoid the person's relative getting revenge

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Absolutely a person has the right to use deadly force when a person forcibly enters their home.

2|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure legally, yes. If they are aggressive towards you.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes