To those into politics, are there any political commentators in your own party that you have no problem criticizing?

Can you criticize anyone in your own party?

For instance i think of myself as a little conservative these days but i have no problem calling out Alex Jones and Info wars for their crazy conspiracy theories.

615

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no problem calling out anyone for their bullshit and it doesn't matter if they belong to my part of the political spectrum or not. If I think someone is wrong, I'm gonna say so.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• As for commentators... I can't really think of one. The media landscape in my country is much more "tame" and moderate. Crazy people like Alex Jones don't exist here. And while there are some left-wing journalists, they're not really known for being left-wing but rather for being journalists. Like, they don't rub their politics in their readers' face like some American commentators do. It's more something you might feel based on the type of analysis they do in their articles.
    And when it comes to television, it's quite different here anyway because we have a public TV network which is very popular. Some private stations do exist but they're not that relevant.

So, instead of commentators I could maybe tell you about politicians who are in my party. Here, the answer is a very clear yes. Of course I still find them "okay" and much better than some right-wing politicians but I will still criticize them and I also deliberately cross some of them from the party list when we have elections. In fact, there's a lot of politicians in my party that I'm not a big fan of.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And maybe to take the US as an example: I have no problem criticizing MSNBC - but MSNBC isn't a liberal network either. They're just the Democratic Party propaganda arm. Much of the bullshit they spread is actually far from liberal/progressive. So... apart from a few youtube channels, I don't really know of any US media outlets that are truly liberal (in an independent, principled way).