To those into politics, are there any political commentators in your own party that you have no problem criticizing?

Can you criticize anyone in your own party?

For instance i think of myself as a little conservative these days but i have no problem calling out Alex Jones and Info wars for their crazy conspiracy theories.
To those into politics, are there any political commentators in your own party that you have no problem criticizing?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no problem calling out anyone for their bullshit and it doesn't matter if they belong to my part of the political spectrum or not. If I think someone is wrong, I'm gonna say so.

2|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• As for commentators... I can't really think of one. The media landscape in my country is much more "tame" and moderate. Crazy people like Alex Jones don't exist here. And while there are some left-wing journalists, they're not really known for being left-wing but rather for being journalists. Like, they don't rub their politics in their readers' face like some American commentators do. It's more something you might feel based on the type of analysis they do in their articles.
    And when it comes to television, it's quite different here anyway because we have a public TV network which is very popular. Some private stations do exist but they're not that relevant.

So, instead of commentators I could maybe tell you about politicians who are in my party. Here, the answer is a very clear yes. Of course I still find them "okay" and much better than some right-wing politicians but I will still criticize them and I also deliberately cross some of them from the party list when we have elections. In fact, there's a lot of politicians in my party that I'm not a big fan of.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And maybe to take the US as an example: I have no problem criticizing MSNBC - but MSNBC isn't a liberal network either. They're just the Democratic Party propaganda arm. Much of the bullshit they spread is actually far from liberal/progressive. So... apart from a few youtube channels, I don't really know of any US media outlets that are truly liberal (in an independent, principled way).

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I have no problem saying when I disagree or when I think someone is wrong. I don’t even listen to Alex Jones. He’s gone far enough with the bullshit I simply can’t see him as trustworthy.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. There was this blog writer belonging to tje current government who constantly called the leader of opposition a faggot. The same guy boasted how the government introduced gay marriage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I don't like H Clinton and I disagree with extreme feminism

0|3
    0|0
  • David Brooks, Glenn Beck, Jonah Goldberg, Erick Erickson

0|1
    0|0
  • Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• It's difficult because I don't affiliate with any particular party. I have my own beliefs that can be found in multiple parties. Though there are commentators who I really like but don't agree on some aspects of. I like Ben Shapiro but there are some things he says that makes me question how he is basically this generations Einstein.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, all the time. Everyone at Fox News.
    And also Lauren Southern. I agree with most of what she says, but I don't like her Muslim comments, because she can't determinate between different sects and levels, and makes it sound like ALL Muslims believe the same thing.
    I agree with you on Alex Jones and their ridiculous conspiracies.

0|1
    0|0
  • All of them? When I agree with someone to a high degree I start to hold them up to a higher standard which means I will criticize them far more harshly than someone I already know I will not agree with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea the mainstream news on both sides is married to the name of the party not what the partys stand for like with wiki leaks fox hated it when it gone against them but loved it when it helps them same with the democratic news networks 1 minute they say its right to have a transparent goverment the next they say this is a act against the united states

0|1
    0|0
  • I no longer really consider any party "mine", and I spend a lot of time criticising the party that, if pushed, I'd vote for.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah Mitt Romney I don't like how he handled Donald Trump bashing him and all. Then the next thing you know he wanted to work for him but didn't get the job after all

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't identify myself with political identities. I criticize, make fun of, or take jabs at most politicians of all parties, lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't consider any party mine nor do I pay attention to Dutch political commentators.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't have a party, so I am willing to call out stupidity from both sides.

0|1
    0|0
  • i love alex jones, he tells the truth

0|1
    1|1
    • nope, i think he's a nutjob

• www.independent.co.uk/.../...d-trump-a7687571.html
      "Notorious US broadcaster Alex Jones is a “performance artist” and his on air persona is an act, according to his lawyer.

Mr Jones runs the controversial Infowars website, which is known for propagating conspiracy theories and its support of Donald Trump.

But Mr Jones is now embroiled in a custody battle with his estranged wife, Kelly Jones, with whom he has three children. She said some of Mr Jones’s on-air rants – for which he is renowned – are evidence of him being “not a stable” father. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqz_TRfse7c

• All of them. Nobody is above criticism.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh hell yes. I criticize everyone. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • No party in the UK is mine

0|1
    0|0
  • Chris Matthews, Bill Maher.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes