Do you like Jordan Peterson and what do you think of him in general?

• I like him
  • I don't like him
  • I'm neutral on him
    Vote C
  • I have never heard of him
    Vote D

1236

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a pseudo-intellectual self-help guru disgruntled young men who doesn't have anything original to say really. His famous book consists of platitudes that you could find on motivational cat-posters decades ago already, just phrased as long and complicated sentences. Clean up your room! Keep your head up!

He cherry-picks examples from the animal kingdom to justify his reactionary views on distribution of roles. Comparing lobsters to humans in that regard is outright unintelligent. As a psychologist he should know better, but it's very clear that he brings a lot of his ideological views into his work.

His ideas about religion and atheism are a joke. He thinks Atheists who don't act immoral (don't steal, don't murder, don't rape, etc.) only do so because they're subconsciously Theists but don't know it. That type of pseudo-argumentation alone proves that he's completely anti-intellectual.

The only reason why he even became so popular was because he deliberately lied about and misrepresented bill C-16, just so he could present himself as a victim of supposed compelled speech (that he completely made up) and the new anti-SJW messiah. Again, nothing new. There are hundreds of YouTube channels doing nothing but fearmonger about evul SJWs. It's really getting old. It's the new "red thread".

I could go on and one. He's basically a right-wing... er, sorry, "classical liberal" Deepak Chopra. Most of what he says his mumbo-jumbo phrased in complicated sentences with big words, well articulated and in a usually calm manner - which is apparently all you need to make people believe what you have to say is meaningful and rational.

If that's the new bar for intellectualism, we have a problem.

I urge anyone to watch this debate between him and Matt Dillahunty. I think ever since this debate aired, more and more people have started seeing through his bullshit.
    https://youtu.be/FmH7JUeVQb8

• *self-help guru for disgruntled young men

• 🦄🦄🦄
      🦄😮🦄
      🦄🦄🦄

Most Helpful Guy

• He's getting to the people that aren't invested in politics - he's telling people who just want to live their lives how they can go about improving them. He's appealing to what really matters to individual people and their individual lives. That's powerful stuff.

We have all these pop culture icons or buzz celebrities involved in philosophy or politics. Names like Lena Dunham or Milo Yiannopoulis may seem like figures now, but 2 decades from now I genuinely think people will remember the name Peterson. He's helping people on a deeper level than all these hyper-political talking heads.