From your own personal experience, which gender do you find to be more opinionated?

From your own personal experience, which gender do you find to be more opinionated?
  • I've known more opinionated men than women
    Vote A
  • I've known more opinionated women than men
    Vote B
  • I've never paid attention to that sort of thing
    Vote C
  • Everyone can be a little opinionated at times
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I know gender has nothing to do with it, I'm just curious about your own observations on this matter.

5|5

Most Helpful Guys

• Strangely enough, I've found more men to be more opinionated. Though we are more lax, there are still plenty of guys who have something to say about everything and try and push their ideals and beliefs on you as well.

My "girlfriends" have the opposite, they have opinions of course but they do not question everything or complain about everything. Of course this is my own experience and my own opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Gender has something to do with it; women are more opinionated than men; studies back this up.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Tbh just from this poll it seems men are more opinionated than women in the replies but from the votes more men seem to think qomen are more opinionated, therefore, men seem to be more opinionated again 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • There have been a couple studies that show men are more likely to over estimate their intelligence and knowledge of a subject where women are more likely to downplay these strengths.

In my life, I see this happening in class though, I'm more accustomed to guys answering and failing big time more so than women. Also, girls participate less especially in chem. This study is really interesting and I highly suggest people read it :) It also includes a bit about native English speakers vs second language speakers academic self-concept and how this influences our academic choices and influences grades.

bigthink.com/.../study-men-significantly-more-likely-to-overestimate-their-own-intelligence-2

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 111

• I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly dear Bee Bella I have never paid attention to that sort of thing.
    For the good sake of the question, in my own opinion, I think strangers who do not really know you on a personal level could be the ones who are more opinionated on a question, for the simple fact that they will give you a fresh look out of the box disregarding their feelings towards you.
    The female gender is usually more emotional with opinions than male gender, but frankly I think gender has nothing to do with it.
    I have always been closer to women than men for the simple fact that the men I know or happen to cross don't think much with their brains, while women I happened to talk to actually use their brains to give an opinion, they are more mentally and emotionally connected during the conversation.
    At least this was from my own personal experience, and in Lebanon, maybe in other countries things are different as for the culture is different.
    A person who is not close minded and open to any discussion are the ones who would have better opinions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not know many people personally. But I have been in large group settings of both men and women multiple times. I find women to be much more opinionated. Some men are as well.
    But I have never felt so opinionateded as when I walked into a knitting shop while running an errand for my ex. I had not brushed my hair and I had not put on nice clothes. I had on a t-shirt I had borrowed from my friend that said "kiss" on it from that band. The shop had lots of older women in it also shopping.
    I walked in not thinking much of it. I walked out not sure if I was supposed to burn the shirt before or after I took it off or whether to brush my hair with a comb or a pitchfork. I had to sit in my car for a good while to recover from that. I don't even know how words made me so worn out and overloaded but they did. That many opinions at once can shock your brain like you would not believe.

Don't ever go into a den of old ladies with messy hair and a rock band slogan on your t-shirt. Especially if you are a teenage boy. They will practically eat you alive. I don't even think I got what I came in for.

1|1
    0|0
  • On average I've found women to be more open to spewing opinions even if not asked for them. As one second you ask how their days going and the next second they go racing off on some personal family tangent. XD.

4|2
    0|0
  • I had to think about this a bit, but in my experience, my female friends and colleagues have been more opinionated (also family members). It cpuld have something to do with their communication styles (very outgoing), rather than their personality or character.

1|0
    0|0
  • From looking on the internet, seems both are equally. I dont know about real life. It seems to me like real life is... real life. Online everything is a category and everything is a fight for X idea. But in real life people aren’t so ridiculous with their BS.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think women are more opinionated for one simple reason, women live a life where they have more conditions they are looking for, to accept or reject, that they find acceptable

1|0
    0|0
  • All opinionated people I know of and read about are men, and I like how most of them either won Field medal or are the highest authority when it comes to what they do for a living.
    Women I've met are usually mild mannered, gentle and much easier to persuade (except for my mom)

1|0
    0|0
  • I choose A, probably because in my field of work, where male is the dominant gender and they are VERY STRONG in their "opinions" (as good as directives).

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmmmm
    That is hard to say
    I think in some ways perhaps equal
    I think though in my own personal experience perhaps slightly more women who are not just opiniated but who refuse any counter arguments? Who feel that they are right and will not entertain any contradictions... I have met men who do that as well but slightly more women who so.
    But it is mostly an individual thing rather than a gender thing

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom and another woman that I know we'll are opinionated to a fault. And with pitiful logic. My sister is annoyingly apathetic about most things, but when she has a differing opinion, she's really rude.

I'm probably the most opinionated person I know though.

What would this poll look like if you had the gender-fluid feminist retards writing it?

1|0
    0|0
  • From personal experience with people outside my family, men. Or maybe women just hold back because of how they were raised. But when it comes to debates and what not, seems like men are more likely not to hold back and be blunt and stubborn about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Everyone is opinionated about something no doubt. It could be equal, depending on the subject.. I don't know. But women seem to be raised to act more diplomatic/tact in public at least

• For me, it’s women. I feel like when you make one of the options “both” or “equal” or “the same”, you do yourself a disservice. People always use that option when they don’t want their sex to win a dubious poll

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like everyone has opinions, hmm hard to say which is more opinionated. Maybe men are more opinionated on the topic of sports, but women more opinionated on the topic of maybe fashion or make up or whatever

2|0
    0|0
  • Looking back in my experience women are more opinionated, but men are more likely to be vocal about theirs. By and large guys in general don't care too much, but will speak up if it's important to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Females in my experience, however I may not informed, I prefer opinionated females as friends, even a crazy opinion i can respect for conviction and not fence sitting

1|0
    0|0
  • I think women are way more opionionated then men. Men tend to be laid back and chill for the most part.

1|0
    0|0
  • It more depends on the person. I have know people of both sexes that have been extremely opinionated as well as people of both sexes that aren’t. I know we want to lump all men in to this category and all
    women in to that category but we are all individuals and no two people are 100% the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • Gender doesn't mean opinionated from my experience. However there are some other factors which do vary slightly for each gender but they are very similar.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel that sometimes women are more opinionated than men.. They always got somethin to say.. I mean men do too, but women are usually the ones wit the mouths.. LOL..

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is opinionated except me, Because lets face it, Nobody can be awesome like me.

6|0
    0|0
  • In my time I have found women are more opinionated. Most of the guys I meet are just laid back people.

1|1
    0|0
  • gender has no relation to opinion...

i have met dumb girl... and dumb boys.. without opinion...

and i have met smart and beautiful girls and boys... who are opinionated...
    being opinionated is a matter of having a perception of your own...
    only wise people with lot of knowledge are capable of being opinionated..
    however if you take gender into scenario...
    i case of opinionated men and women...
    it way easier to convince an opinionated men then an opinionated women

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. I do think women in general or more vocal about it though. Where guys might keep it to themselves.

2|0
    1|0
  • I don't know if men hold more opinions but they are a lot more aggressive about expressing them. "Man-splaining" is a real thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say Men are just boisterous when they have an opinion on one of the 3 things we know. Women have an opinion on everything. Both get annoying after a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think being opinionated (more than normal) is probably something that a person gets by genetic inheritance, If we find ourselves having our own opinions to dish out during most every conversation, it's more than likely a trait that was handed down to us and is part of our DNA. One or both of our parents are that way and we often hear them in conversation so we find ourselves also giving our opinion more then when asked lol. So we become that way by hearing it around us a lot plus we also have a tendency to be that way ourselves if it's in our genes. But I did vote that I knew more women than men that were opinionated. lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't say precisely, because everyone has caliber to opinionate. Its just that their personlity or attitude screws with it. According to situation or how they feel for the person they're giving opinion are important triggering times.

1|0
    0|0
  • These days, people can change their opinions as often as they change their clothes. And that goes for BOTH men and women.

2|1
    0|0
  • They are both opinionated, but men are more likely to express theirs.

4|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 40

• depends on the topic but i pretty much only talk to men so i don't have much to compare

1|0
    0|0
  • In my own personal experience, men are 10x more opinionated than women. But I’ve also noticed that women tend to be more opinionated WHILE arguing with men than with women.

So, basically what I mean is that men will argue with women more than with their fellow males. And women will argue with men more than with their fellow females. It’s like a “us vs them” kind of feeling.

3|0
    0|0
  • Women are THE WORST. Many may say men but lets face it, men are more superficial than women. They don't really think things through. While women WOAH seriously they are so devious. by the way i am a woman myself and i get so scared of them most of the time.

1|1
    0|0
  • This is yet another thing that has much more to do with individual personality than with gender. I personally encounter far more opinionated men than women, but that doesn't make me believe that men are inherently more opinionated in general.

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh my God... That's so true, you're absolutely right. Some people are more pragmatic, skeptical, open minded or easy to convince.

Ah I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I know you took a couple milliseconds to get your answer. I surprise has nothing to do with your gender.

• Show All
    • You know what? Now that I think about it, what you said did surprise me. I've never heard a woman say something I didn't know or something I thought was worth hearing. I admit I may be sexist or something. But you look like a 9 out of 10 and made my mind do a 360 with one comment. I've never experienced that before.

• @21feminist Yawn. Nice try, but I'm not gonna take the bait. And considering that apparently your intention is only to get a neagtive reaction out of me, I don't see why I should continue interacting with you. So please play your troll games with someone else.

• I think it's a tie between both because I know opinionated people from both sides. I think it has more to do with a persons personality then their gender.

1|2
    0|0
  • Honestly I feel women are more opinionated. Most women look to what they can have materialized while taking time to know someone for say. ( my example on why women are more opinionated )

2|1
    0|0
  • I've seen both but it seems to be more women. It's really not an appealing personality trait. I wish people would keep their mouths shut more because they sound like asses mostly.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some guys I know and other guys I've seen usually get into spats that have a tendency to reach violent levels.

2|1
    0|0
  • well from what i see on this site, men are very opinionated on a lot topics.. they seem to answer more than women do.

2|0
    0|1
  • Im in a relationship where i found my match... in the sense that his also very opinionated so we bump heads a lot but we figure it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a tough one.. It depends on the people your around.. I've been around more men than women in my life and I would have to say that it depends on the topic..

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the personality of someone and not their gender

2|1
    0|0
  • Men but only on certain subject matters, it honestly depends on person but i've known guys be more passionate about certain subjects.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess it just depends on the person and on the matter. But I think generally women are more chatty which makes them seem more opinionated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely women. That's one of a few reasons why I dislike females.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely more women than men, but men can be sometimes too XD

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't pay attention to things I don't care about.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men definitely they always have an opinion on everything.

1|0
    0|1
  • Both genders are opinionated - it's about the individual... not about the gender...
    I don't understand these kinds of questions...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it depends on gender I think it depends on the person

0|1
    0|0
  • I think everyone is equally opinionated but men definitely voice their opinions the loudest

1|0
    0|0
  • I hang out with more men then women, so my opinions on this matter are terribly biased

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation if you don’t agree with him you should respect him then discuss the issue with him

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm asexual.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, I'd say
    women.

1|1
    0|0
  • girls as a whole are VERY judgmentle

1|2
    0|0
  • Men, but I never listen to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • D...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it depends on how outspoken a person is.

1|0
    0|0
  • both, but i dont particularly pay attention to it

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes