Are you a Feminist?

Feminism is not about hating men! It's about equal opportunity for everyone!

Women can be construction works, welders, engineers, and lawyers. Men can be secretaries, child care workers, nurses, and hair dressers.

Both genders are more than capable of helping with household chores, cooking, changing diapers. A woman should not be considered a "bad mom" for working hard at her job. A man should not be considered "whimpy" for wanted to stay at home to look after the kids. If a man wants to work a lot or if a woman wants to stay at home that's fine too, but it's THEIR choice.

So many people seem to have twisted ideas on feminism. Feminism is not preaching girls rule boys drool.. it's empowering everyone to have equal opportunity.

Do we have any male feminists out there?
Are you a Feminist?
  • Yes
  • No

2795

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I consider myself a feminist (among many other things).

• It deeply saddens me with the number of guys disliking this 🙁

• Well done men on downvoting this awful comment.

• It's unsurprising. There's a lot of alt-right imbeciles on this site/app. They don't actually give a shit what I believe, they just feel triggered by the word "feminist". As you see from other comments I got, nobody actually asked me what I believe, they immediately began throwing mud (even one girl). It's utterly pointless to have a serious, grown-up discussion with these people. They just want to hate us and there is no amount of reason or logic that could ever stop them from being hostile.

Most Helpful Girl

• This I agree with! I’ve got nothing against men at all and have a lot of respect for them, but equally I won’t tolerate any BS just because I’m female and someone else is male.

• If you respect men than do not support feminsim.

• @Prankster13 well I’m that case you’ve completely misinterpreted the comment. You should be saying yes that’s right and it also goes for anyone who is treated like crap. But they me tell you now, there is definitely a lot more pressure towards shaming women for challenging men in certain circles, you see a lot of that here on gag. If a man does it nobody bats an eyelid.

• I haven't noticed that anywhere. I haven't been on GaG very long so you may be right. But almost everywhere I've ever been in real life. It's the men given a hard time by "feminists" for just minding their own business and not caring if the lady did or didn't get hired. Because if she wasn't hired it was because she didn't have the qualifications. Not because she was a lady.
      And what do you mean by challenge men? It's not a competition. I'm not sure if that's what you meant but please explain. If you challenge anyone they're gonna be hostile. That's just normal.