Are you a Feminist?

Feminism is not about hating men! It's about equal opportunity for everyone!

Women can be construction works, welders, engineers, and lawyers. Men can be secretaries, child care workers, nurses, and hair dressers.

Both genders are more than capable of helping with household chores, cooking, changing diapers. A woman should not be considered a "bad mom" for working hard at her job. A man should not be considered "whimpy" for wanted to stay at home to look after the kids. If a man wants to work a lot or if a woman wants to stay at home that's fine too, but it's THEIR choice.

So many people seem to have twisted ideas on feminism. Feminism is not preaching girls rule boys drool.. it's empowering everyone to have equal opportunity.

Do we have any male feminists out there?
Are you a Feminist?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I consider myself a feminist (among many other things).

9|3
    5|30
    • It deeply saddens me with the number of guys disliking this 🙁

• Show All
    • Well done men on downvoting this awful comment.

• It's unsurprising. There's a lot of alt-right imbeciles on this site/app. They don't actually give a shit what I believe, they just feel triggered by the word "feminist". As you see from other comments I got, nobody actually asked me what I believe, they immediately began throwing mud (even one girl). It's utterly pointless to have a serious, grown-up discussion with these people. They just want to hate us and there is no amount of reason or logic that could ever stop them from being hostile.

Most Helpful Girl

• This I agree with! I’ve got nothing against men at all and have a lot of respect for them, but equally I won’t tolerate any BS just because I’m female and someone else is male.

6|0
    1|6
    • If you respect men than do not support feminsim.

• Show All
    • @Prankster13 well I’m that case you’ve completely misinterpreted the comment. You should be saying yes that’s right and it also goes for anyone who is treated like crap. But they me tell you now, there is definitely a lot more pressure towards shaming women for challenging men in certain circles, you see a lot of that here on gag. If a man does it nobody bats an eyelid.

• I haven't noticed that anywhere. I haven't been on GaG very long so you may be right. But almost everywhere I've ever been in real life. It's the men given a hard time by "feminists" for just minding their own business and not caring if the lady did or didn't get hired. Because if she wasn't hired it was because she didn't have the qualifications. Not because she was a lady.
      And what do you mean by challenge men? It's not a competition. I'm not sure if that's what you meant but please explain. If you challenge anyone they're gonna be hostile. That's just normal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 94

• No, there are many things I disagree with when it comes to feminism. I don't think that they actually are for equality because they have many double standards against men themselves. The ones who don't are usually complete nobody's with no political power at all, so their opinion on what feminism is matters less than what feminism does - which they're usually clueless about. They don't know that feminist organisations do their best to fight against shared parenting (and they think that Mothers get custody most of the time because of the patriarchy when actually it was "the tender years doctrine" put in place by feminists that made it so), male domestic violence shelters, spread false statistics and complete lies. They don't realise that feminism is actually an industry, where they use female victimhood and create issues that don't exist in order to profit from it and that that's why they oppose anybody who tries to help men.

I also disagree with the idea that men and women are equal, at least that we're the same. I think that we're equal in worth but that we have different abilities and to some extent I support gender roles. You mention for example that a woman should be seen as a bad Mother if she works hard at her job - well that depends. Many women leave their kids in daycare very early on to go back to work because they're so career focused, so basically they have kids for strangers to raise them because they'd rather work. To me that's a bad Mother. Many studies show that this is damaging to children, but feminists will ignore those as well as any other evidence that contradicts their worldview.

0|2
    1|0
    • If a man is equally focused on his career no one bats an eye!! Double standards!

If a man goes back to work a week after a baby is born that is normal but if a woman goes back to work 6 months after giving birth she is neglecting her 6 month old baby? A baby needs their parents to be there for them but the different standards for men and women are ridiculous!!

• Show All
    • This is the trouble with feminism - the obsession with absolute equality and ignoring the biological differences between men and women. I'm not against stay at home Dads myself, however, I have two little ones and while they were young she stayed home while I worked. The best thing for a young child is to be breast-fed - men don't have tits, women do - that's why it makes more sense for her to stay home in their younger years at least. And at that time, someone has to earn money - might as well be the man. And yes, even after 6 months I'd say so too. The WHO recommended breast-feeding up until 18 months at least, that's hard to do while working. Also, the child is better off with one parent at home rather than being in daycare, many studies support this. So what's more important there - what's best for the child? Or making sure that the man and the woman are treated exactly the same whether or not it's worse for the child?

• Also, why would you even bother to have a child if you're gonna have strangers raise them? Even worse, usually young women being paid minimum wage to watch your child as well as many others?

• Sorry to break it to you, but most modern feminist don't believe equality. They believe giving more power to women and taking power from men. For example many of them believe men shouldn't have a say in a lot of topics.

1|3
    2|0
    • The only thing I believe men shouldn't have a say in our bodies.. our body our rules.. I don't expect to have control over what you do with your body so why should you have a say in my body?

"Equal rights for others does not mean less rights for you. It's not pie"

• Show All
    • It only takes a few rotten apples to ruin the bunch.

• I also don't consider myself a feminist because I conflict with many opions they have.

• The point where feminists decided that the feminist movement had a monopoly on "equality" and that anyone opposing feminism was a misogynist is the point where feminism went off the rail. That was a while ago. Feminism is now the ideology benchmark for the majority of decision-making in today's corporate America. It is an ideological, hate-motivated witch hunt that--rather than asking if have we finally achieved equality--makes "equality" this nebulous, fluid concept, an ever-moving goalpost that can never be attained. We can always be more progressive, more inclusive, more everything... except rationale and reasonable, because that would be discriminatory and *that* is unacceptable. Unless we're discriminating against "the right people, for the right reasons", then it's okay.

To give you a point of reference, we are now well into the #MeToo movement era, where men can get sentenced to derision in the court of public opinion on mere accusation, with literally no evidence, and the witch hunt shows no signs of slowing down.

If you're looking for true equality--as in equal opportunity, not equal outcome--feminism is NOT the answer.

2|3
    0|0
  • When I want to get laid easy I become a feminist and say all that stupid sht she wants to hear. When I want to dump her ass I take her to orgasm and whip out and put on a Trump hat. I guess you could say I am a switch. Feminists are for sex while traditional women are for LTRs.

1|5
    3|1
  • "It's about equal opportunity for everyone!"
    Then why do you always hear bout feminists demanding that the tech industry and the amount of CEOs and politicians MUST be split in 50/50. Do you know what equal opportunity is?

0|1
    2|0
    • We are not saying it MUST be split! Of course they have to be qualitied above all else! It's just sad to see CEOs, partners in firms, politicians etc only being like 10% female.

• But as it stands a very small percentage of the world is clever enough to be a CEO. Have you ever met one or seen one in action irl?
      At the moment, the majority of high IQ's belong to men - look it up if you don't believe me

• Sorry mam, but I have to disagree. I have been working as a construction worker. I was on countless worksites and have never, not one fckng damn single time seen a girl doing my work or a similar. Maybe painting houses ye, but that's stereotype. It's not always that women aren't allowed to do something, but that women don't want to do something. How should they? We had to carry boilers around which weight far more than 1000 pounds. Needs a few men to lift this thing up. Most women aren't able to do that. Not because they are dumb or something, but because they are less muscular than the normal construction worker.
    Nature has made differences in between both genders and that's absolutely fine. Feminity is a good thing! As good as manhood. But they are good in different ways and not the same.
    That's one reason why I'm not a feminist.
    The second reason is the modern feminism what I can a only laugh about. They have want to change our hymne cause the used words aren't neutral enough. "fatherland" for example is part of it. They want to change this. I will not respect this country and its laws anymore, if it should change its hymne for equality.

1|1
    1|1
  • i am not a pracricing christian, but there is a bible verse i'ld like to quote...

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
    -Matthew 7:16-20 (niv)

the fruits i see from feminism are bullshit... they talk a big game, but 2/3's of their agenda goes against me... third wave feminism is poison... if it was about equality, the name would imply it was advancing himan rights... the policies would consistently advance human rights... when someone tells me thwy are a feminist, good odds are they will tell me my opinion about social issues is invalid based upon my station of birth... when a group attempts to silence the voice of another group, but then claims it is for equality between the two groups they are hypocrites... they only seem capable of advancing a series of self contradictory assumptions and acusations based upon data so thin it could pass for helium... equality? fuck yeah, i am all for treating all of humanity well, but feminism is about selective equality... if feminism is to have a shred of credibility they need to worry less about drinking my tears; until then, they can eat my shit...

0|1
    1|0
  • Absolutely not!

The United States has had equal opportunity for both genders since the Equal Pay Act of 1963. When a movement accomplishes its goal it should dissolve. Wouldn't you agree?

What most feminists today are fighting for is equal outcome, not equal opportunity. They want women to receive more pay, even though women work fewer hours than men. They want more female firefighters, even though women cannot carry a 200lb body out of burning building. They want more women to go into STEM fields, even though women are free to do so already, and are choosing not to go into STEM by their own volition.

Women today receive more than 60% of all college degrees. Young women outearn young men in metropolitan areas. There is a department of health for women, but not for men. Men are required to sign-up for the selective service. WOmen are not. In fact, if a man does not sign up for the selective service, he can permenately lose his rights as a citizen, be fined, and even imprisoned. The male suicide rate is 3.5x greater than the female suicide rate. Men account for 93% of all workplace deaths. All paternity fraud is committed against men. The list goes on and on. If feminists actually gave two f*cks about equality, wouldn't they talk about men's issues?

You should spend more time talking about women's rights in the Middle-East and Africa. You have every right in the West, and then some.

1|2
    1|0
  • No because it is about:

- Hating men
    - Female supremacy
    - Females not taking responsibility and being selfish
    - Hating , ignoring, excluding, rejecting people (especially men) with learning disabilities
    - Revenge on men and getting their on back such as even up the score.
    - Advocating Hitlers progressive eugenics with abortion due to disability

The list is endless

2|2
    1|0
  • By definition yes, but I don't like to be associated with all the negative connotations of feminism so I don't go around saying I am a feminist.

0|3
    1|0
  • Wait... THAT is feminism? No way. What's with all the crap feminists at my workplace then? Why are they not acting like this?
    If this is actually feminism. Then of course I am one! But I'm not gonna go by that title. Not when there's so many crap ones giving the name another meaning!
    I'll be a maculist. Cause I'm a guy. But still it means the same thing. How about that?

0|2
    1|0
  • I have nothing against individual feminists like Christina Hoff Sommers, but feminism has gotten a bad reputation for a reason. The main reason I myself don't call myself a feminist is because I hate labels and ideologies, but people don't dislike feminism because they don't understand it but because of what the movement has become. It's not just about the "hating men" attitude but about the more common instances of spreading false information, like the wage gap, and misleading statistics.

1|3
    0|0
  • Feminism is to give every woman the same rights every guy has. As simple as it is: Yes, i'm a feminist and i'm fucking proud to be one.

1|2
    1|4
    • That's not the definition of feminism, nor do the actions of feminism work towards that goal. As women already have more rights than men legally.

• Show All
    • No I was countering your 3 advantages of women.

• Stop exclaiming what you think all feminists stand for when you are not a feminists. You do not speak for us.

• Women don't neet to be strong... they are born weak so men will be there straight... women are innocent... men should respect women... what if a women is storng but nobody respect her?

0|0
    2|0
    • Please refer to my quote in the picture.

• Show All
  • I don't consider myself to be a feminist.

That being said, I generally don't mind feminism. I don't believe modern feminism is cancerous nor that it's a godsend. To me, it's kinda hard to put my finger on what feminism is when it comes the beliefs. Yes, there is a dictionary definition, but it can certainly be argued that many of those who identify as feminists don't practice that.

The thing is that feminism is without a set doctrine, leaderless, decentralised and ambiguous movement. Once we define a movement like it - with millions and millions of different members - we usually tend to generalise the entire movement based on some of it's members. I'm sure there are very hateful and resentful feminists, but then there probably are genuine people wanting equal rights.

The problem that then occurs is simple; what is feminism? What tenets are set and stone? What beliefs are central in feminism? Do they really strive for equality or not? Are they a hateful and resentful group? Or are they perfectly legitimate striving for equality?

My answer to all those questions is simple; I don't know. For me it's hard to have a clear judgement on all things feminism when it's a movement without a set doctrine. It then becomes a thing of extrapolating the beliefs we've seen of 1000 people to 50 million people.

I'm not going to do that. Hence I don't see myself as a feminist nor do I hate or love it in totality. I just don't know.

0|0
    0|1
  • I feel that women and men should have equal rights. But there are some extream feminists out there that exist solely to destroy men and its been shown. These women have lost the meaning of true feminism. The real meaning of it has nothing to do with women at all. It has to deal with equal rights across the bored. Rather it be male or female and having to do with the LBGT community as well. The world has lost the true meaning of feminism

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't need a label to believe women deserve equal rights. My whole life I've believed in everyone being equal. I don't need to go around proclaiming I'm a feminist to get my point across. It just seperates.

1|1
    0|1
  • I agree with everything you said but I don’t consider myself s feminist. The self identifying feminists I have actually known generally believed that patriarchy was a dominant element of our society that needed to be undone to end subjugation of women. I disagree with their analysis.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like to think I am. Sometimes I screw up... Like I told one of my family members that I thought it was great that she was a female bowler. She thought that was a little bit sexist. I guess my brain was focusing to much on movies like kingpin and big labouskowi. And the Flintstones. I guess I thought girls did not like bowling as much as men did but I learned I should not make assumptions

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminism has mission-creeped far past equity (which is fairer than “equality,” which means duplicating everything, even when it’s useless, for everyone). This is what happens in a stable, safe society. Just wait until climate change, resource wars, pandemics, famines and mass continental migrations come into full effect, feminism will almost disappear. Men are only not disposable sperm donors,
    wallets, emotional tampons, furniture movers and cannon fodder when the world is chaotic.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• You may think that modern-day feminism is not about 'hating' men, but it is certainly about overlooking them.

The description above tackles about choices, qualifications, and skills, in general. Both genders are free to pursue work in industries where they wish to work, provided they possess the skills and meet the qualifications needed.

Is it necessary, then, to 'empower' women solely because they were born female when both genders already are on equal footing, opportunity-wise?

5|18
    2|0
    • Thank you 👐

• Show All
    • Personally I think violence is part of the psyche of the species - things like hanging, gladiatorial combat etc... Were all watched by the community.

We are animals pretending not to be, if you want to journey into what drives who you are you have to accept that

• So proud of you my sister. God bless you. We need more strong women like you. Feminist is a opposite of what a woman should be like, because feminists are jealous, insecure, mental, they have a victim mentality, they are difficult, bias, ready to explode anything, they are bitter, and unfeminine. Both feminists don't even behave like ladies, they think being rebellious and disrespectful is a way to success. They are arrogant for no reason.

• I would not call myself a feminist due to the feminazis out there who pervert everything into women being “victims,” and we’re not at all victims to this “male supremacy” society. What loads of rubbish. I think men and women should be equals and America is doing a great job at that.

3|12
    2|0
  • I am a woman and I am not a feminist, I hate feminists, and have no desire to be a feminist. Proud not to be a feminist. I feel sorry for women who are feminist. I feel feminism is doing more harm to women than good.

Plus, feminists are fake friends and I find them more oppressive, so many feminists shamed me for not agreeing with their ideas, I felt it was a peer pressure.

I believe in justice when it comes to serious issues like female foeticide, beaten to death, daughter buried alive, but nowadays, modern feminism like others is about petty issues like why can't a woman be shirtless, why Canada's national song had the line "thy sons commands," why can't a woman be a weightlifter.

I am not insecure to accept that I can't be a weightlifter, because that is like a man feeling insecure he can't carry a baby in his stomach.

Women should embrace their femininity rather than seeing it as a weakness.

I also think the problem is not in the world but in their negative mentality, seeing the bad in everything. They think every housewife is a victim, they think women who are housewives, who respect their husbands are inferior and oppressed- and this is BULLSHIT.

I am neutral.
    I respect both genders
    A daughter has 5 rights
    1. food
    2. clothes
    3. shelter
    4. education
    5. marriage
    If her needs are being fulfilled, then she has no reason to be a feminist. If her father and her husband provide for her, all they need is respect in return. I don't agree with a lot of things feminists say. I find them jealous and insecure. In Canada's national song, there was a phrase, "thy sons command," and women protested against this.

God created men and women like he created night and day, and if night and day try to be like each other, the world will not function. Women should embrace their femininity and be secure with their gender. There are things that women can do, that men can't and there are things that men can do and women can't.

Elizabeth Elliot said, "let women be women, let men be men."

There are so many things that men can challenge in the name of gender equality like child custody, the fact men are expected to be breadwinners, abortions.

Men do so much for their wives and daughters, that women can't do for each other. A man provides for his wife, name his property on her name, pays for her meals, holidays, shopping, buys her expensive gifts, puts up with her, and feminists will not let a divorcee homeless woman live in their house, they will not pay her bills.

0|0
    1|0
    • I read what you typed after posting my answer, and I don't agree with what you said, in fact, no offense but I am disgusted by your comment. I believe women should do household chores and they should look after children. Why are women ashamed by this? You are trying to make women be like men and you are trying to make men be like women. Stop blurring the gender line and stop changing gender roles.

• Show All
    • Who the hell says men can't be as much of a caregiving as a woman. When I have a husband we are BOTH going to share the responsibility of changing diapers. I FULLY SUPPORT IT BEING THEIR DECISION!

• Yes as it should!

• No, I'm not. It's based in a fantasy world. It's like looking directly at the sun without eye protection because you shouldn't have to fear the sun and then complaining when you go blind. It's impractical and untrue and frankly, I don't even want it. It's a car without brakes and boy do I hope it's running out of fuel. Feminism forgot to ask women what they actually wanted.

1|11
    3|0
  • it's a load of crap now. yeah the idea is really nice and sweet but the people in there are all rotten... also they talk about feminism so much when it comes to them but they don't do shit for the ones who really needs it (3rd world countries). these idiots here just whine about how toys for girls are mostly pink when they want blue 🙄🙄🙄

3|10
    3|0
  • "It's about equal opportunity for everyone!"
    There's already a word for that - Egalitarian.

Feminists are extremely slippery with how they define Feminism.
    It's just a simple 'Equality between the sexes!' when convenient, but the moment I say I don't believe in the wage gap, I don't think the 'pink tax' is an injustice, I don't think catcalling is a big problem, I think there are issues that specifically disadvantage men and not women or whatever else, I am attacked for not being a good enough feminist.

Feminism, whether feminists like to admit it or not - is an ideology with a lot more to it than just promoting equality. There is a line to be towed and a specific agenda to push.

5|10
    1|0
  • Yes! Feminism should be about EQUALITY. Not shaming men and only caring about "equality" when it benefits you the most.

3|1
    1|2
    • That is all feminism is, man hating.

• @genuinlysensitive no. Feminism started out to be a good cause. Fighting for women's rights and equal opportunity until modern-day "feminazis" started spewing out shit about the opposite gender, thus tainting the image of feminism.

• People who are feminists do NOT represent me as a woman. So no I’m not a feminist.

3|4
    3|0
    • Sister, you stole words from my word, you summed up my easy in one line. Feminists don't represent me too and in fact, they don't get along with me, when I don't agree with them. For me, feminists are more oppressive. Every woman thinks differently but they pressurise women to agree with them. They think if a woman is a housewife and if she respects her husband, then she is inferior. Many feminists don't even behave like ladies and they don't even have basic manners. I am insecure to accept that I can't be a weightlifter or soldier or a construction worker, because that is like a man being insecure that he can't carry a baby in his baby. God created men and women like he created day and night, if they try to be like each other, the world will be in a chaos. Women should embrace their femininity rather than feeling the need that they have to become masculine to prove themselves. In New York, women protested by being topless, and what is that supposed to mean?

• Yes, I agree with you. There are some activists who take things too far, but I agree with mainstream feminism & equality.

2|1
    0|6
  • Depends on who you ask what feminism means to them. According to most guys on here, I am not a feminist for the most part apparently. According to most people I encounter IRL, I am a feminist.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m just a person who wants equal treatment and rights for everyone... that’s it

3|1
    0|0
  • If feminism is equality
    Why child custody and many other laws favor women

2|5
    2|0
  • I believe I’m a mild form of a feminist. I think women deserve everything that men do and that’s about it

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope I'm not ugly

3|15
    6|1
    • Do you think Emma Watson is ugly? Is Beyonce ugly? What a rude and untrue presumption.

• Show All
    • @canadas1 agree with you.
      God created men and women like he created night and day, and if night and day try to be like each other, the world will not function. Women should embrace their femininity and be secure with their gender. There are things that women can do, that men can't and there are things that men can do and women can't.

Elizabeth Elliot said, "let women be women, let men be men."

There are so many things that men can challenge in the name of gender equality like child custody, the fact men are expected to be breadwinners, abortions.

Men do so much for their wives and daughters, that women can't do for each other. A man provides for his wife, name his property on her name, pays for her meals, holidays, shopping, buys her expensive gifts, puts up with her, and feminists will not let a divorcee homeless woman live in their house, they will not pay her bills

• Yes!!!, is not about what women can't do that men can. Really feminism which was created decades ago, was for equality in life and right. Is simple, without women there would be no men, only human. But girls take it personal, i don't know why. Never have i expected anything from a girl that relates to gender roles. And to be honest my country is very sexist😕😕

• I’m very neutral to that title. At the minute, I wouldn’t actively call myself a feminist, but I wouldn’t deny it or be upset if someone else described me as one, I don’t really care

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldnt care less about feminism. I am too busy using men to hate them.

1|1
    2|4
  • Personally, I would prefer it if we got a new term and called it the 'gender equality movement.' Feminism is for gender equality which i completely back 100%, but the term 'feminism' is linked to the female and was started in order to gain equality for women (which was good because we basically had barely any rights). But at this point, when people are also more aware of male issues (higher Suicide rates, depression and certain expectations from them) I feel there should be a term which is more gender -friendly, and i think then more men would back that. Feminism (although most of it is certainly not men-hating) some branches of male hating 'feminists' do exist, and I've actually met some' feminists' who believe women are superior, and thats not right and give it a bad name. I've also felt judged by some feminists for wanting to get married and have a family one day too. I appreciate what feminism does and I back it, but i kind of feel like we need a new movement.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought it's a good thing until 21st century happened. No, I'm not a feminist. It's a hate group mostly, not what it was supposed to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

1|6
    2|0
  • I don't identify with any political shit

2|4
    1|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes