Why Do Royals Have So Many Rules?

Rules like what they're allowed to wear, how to eat, how to sit etc. and rules like no social media, no autograph etc. There's very many rules they've to follow that regular people don't. I'm wondering on why. I'm mostly talking about the royal family in the UK. I didn't know about these rules before I read an article about Meghan Markle. #Royal #Etiquette #Rules
Why Do Royals Have So Many Rules?
Updates:
To you who are saying "I don't care", "Who cares?" and "Who gives a sh! t?", If you don't care, then it's fine. Then you don't have to answer on this post. But obviously you cared enough to do so. And I do care, since I'm curious on WHY people made these rules. Go another place and troll!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a amalgamation of traditional etiquette and security.

Etiquette rules span across a lot of polite society, and just don't always trickle down to most of the middle and working classes- things like the correct things to say to each the bride and the groom at a wedding (it can be an insult to the bride to say congratulations for example), cutlery outside in, - it's just a lot of this doesn't particularly matter to those lower down the social ranks, or there are rules for situations we just don't end up in. It maintains dignity, and propriety.

Do you remember when a french tabloid published pictures of duchess Kate topless? they try to protect them, and ensure they aren't objectified, and are criticised as little as possible.

The autographs aren't just about forgery, but also to do with spreading time fairly on visits, and avoiding things being resold unfairly.

The act as figureheads, draw in tourism and lead hundreds if not thousands of humanitarian and charitable efforts- yes, they live pretty lavishly and the wealth isn't fair especially compared with those who have nothing- but they live pretty full and tiring lives ensuring their efforts are worthy (William has only recently stopped piloting air ambulances).

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what makes them royal. Etiquette seperates the nobles from the peasants. Think of it as a secret handshake with your best friend. It creates exclusivity.

5|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• The selfies and autographs are banned for security reasons, the rest are all to do with etiquette and manners and some are royal protocol that has been around for centuries. Good etiquette is expected in all polite society not just the royals. I quite like that the royal family remain dignified and follow good etiquette rules, I would hate to see the royal family walking around dressed and acting like a bunch of chavs.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I think they didn't modernized it at all since so many century and before everyone had many many rules. Now it seems weird but before nearly everyone had a lots of rules and this was normal.
    I think they just kept the rules because the queen is traditional on most stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Security. If people shared stories and stuff on social media their privacy may get invoked. If they give autographs to people they might reach to criminals that would fake their autographs. So yeah some rules are for security and people in royal family HAVE to be strict about it.

Others are just for being fancy 😌😌😌

0|1
    0|1
  • becos they’ve to be seen as above such things
    What is true in private theyre a class act at cursing and swearing the palaces down.. maybe not so godlike after all

0|1
    0|1
  • The no autogrpah one is to prevent forgery.
    I could careless about thier "rules". I would never in my life tie myself to such a bland/culture vulture/unseasoned/pasty family.

0|1
    0|2
  • The Morach is a representation of power and wealth amongst public and their servants. They want to make sure tradition is passed down as the Royal Family will always be in the history books.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea I was shook when I heard that she can't even wear pants. I don't even know why they have such strict rules. I'm guessing it's because they always want to give a "perfect" image, but I don't see how pants could give a bad image of her

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably just have to follow so many rules so they not gonna look bad but also for their security

0|3
    0|0
  • Cause they get a shit ton of tax money to fund their lavish lifestyle, not cause they are great leaders, but because they were born in a certain family. It's awful.

0|0
    0|0
  • so they seem special

0|2
    0|1
  • It's because of the rod up their asses.

0|1
    0|2
  • And who cares?

0|0
    0|0
  • Their the royals it's how they work

0|1
    0|0
  • To people break them

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it sücks to be a princess

0|0
    0|0
    • can you image harry giving megan cunnilingus
      he would call in for the lick in

• To come off as better and more refined than everyone else. Sounds exhausting. Of I was, one of them, I think I would have to run away.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• Because they aren't ghetto bunnies living in the projects. They're living by the traditions of the court, to project the image that they have the endorsement of divinity.

1|4
    0|1
  • Because like a lot of things in life, they don't give up their convictions. It's like when you move into a new culture from a previous culture, why don't you just get rid of your old culture and adopt the new one. It's a form of head stubornness

0|0
    0|0
    • And if I'm being honest, I don't even think the UK needs a Royal Family, given they have a prime minister and government. It's just a public image thing

• It's just tradition. The Queen is still head of state but all powers have shifted to the PM.

• Cus they think they're superior to the common people which they're absolutely not.

They think walking in the path of their ancestors would help preserve the dignity of their forefathers but ultimately they're just restricting themselves of all the fun and living a boring robotic life.

0|1
    1|1
  • Royalty seems to be more about traditions than authority nowadays. Old kings could and often would change the past laws as soon as they took the throne. Maybe they don’t want to change laws anymore because they feel their laws are safe?

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are ROYAL.
    Those who are a part of the monarchy are to keep themselves in a certain in level of decorum.
    How they act would represent all members of the court and make them look better or worse in the general publics eye.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well their function these days is to act as symbols and for that purpose they must not diminish their own symbolic value or they forfeit their usefulness

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably helps with keeping scandals from happening. I bet it actually works pretty good tbh.

0|2
    0|0
  • That's what is making them Royals. Lots of rules that common plebe don't know (and don't care) about so they can show dominance by having better etiquette.

0|1
    0|1
  • It's to keep up public appearance and stay refined and classic and to avoid scandals or anything the paparazzi and can use to defame.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because the whole thing is build on tradition if you strip the traditions there is no reason to have a royal family

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause they act like they're better than everyone else just because someone of their family years ago had money

0|1
    0|1
  • Fuck the royals... fucking bitches making us pay for their children and weddings when we pay for our own aswell... revouloution pls

0|0
    0|0
  • To portray a picture of superiority.

0|1
    0|0
  • ... who gives a shit?

2|0
    0|0
  • To protect power, privilege and wealth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Standards!

0|1
    0|0
  • Fucking traditions

0|0
    0|0
  • It is called control

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's the royal family