Do you prefer rural or urban life?

• Rural
  • Urban

2039

Most Helpful Girls

• I love to be in a rural area when I am in deep thought or have troubles but I love urban when I feel like having fun and being around people. I live in an urban area but I like to visit parks so I guess I prefer both!!

• rural without a doubt unfortunately for thel last few years I've had to go urban but get out as often as possible to the outskirts and indulge with the rural. keeps you connected xx

Most Helpful Guys

• I like a good mix.
    I live in a city that has the feeling of a countryside village, which is really awesome. Although we've got about 110,000 inhabitants, which is a lot for my country, the historic city center is quite overseeable. If you go to a café or a bar and you generally know a lot of people, it can easily happen that you meet a friend. It is also very green here, which is very important for me. The historic city center is only open for pedestrians and bicycles and outside of it, in the neighborhoods, there's a lot of trees and meadows. It gives the place a really, calm, naturey atmosphere. At the same time, we've got everything we need here in very short distance. There's a big train station, lots of shops and restaurants, bars and cafés, several movie theaters, museums and galleries, a public theater, a technical university, public baths, great public transport etc. My wife and I live close to the city center; it takes 8 minutes by bus to get there or about 10 minutes by bicycle (20-25 minutes on foot). So, this feels very urban and city-ish. I also love how the historic center can get really crowded and fast-paced on Saturdays like in a big city but then on Sundays, everything is closed, it's really empty and even outside of the center there are few cars on the street, like in a tiny village.

I would really find it hard to live anywhere else... not because of some kind of patriotism but simply because I've never been to another city in the world that combines the best of urban and rural life so wonderfully.

• I love rural for vacations when I want peace and quiet but I love strangers, making friends among them, and urban populaces offer endless strangers to befriend. Also when I was single that meant endless women to meet as well. In rural areas, you tend to see the same people every day, maybe some strangers here and there but it's more difficult to find them in a setting where you can get close to them.

• Also with rural areas, your reputation tends to stick more. :-D If I go to a rural area and my friends throw a party and I end up going streaking or something stupid like that, word gets around fast. With urban areas, you can kind of do stupid things here and there without wording spreading to everyone you know.

• Last thing I want is to be featured in the local town news: "37-year old man gets drunk and runs around naked in town."