• Rural
    Vote A
  • Urban
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I love to be in a rural area when I am in deep thought or have troubles but I love urban when I feel like having fun and being around people. I live in an urban area but I like to visit parks so I guess I prefer both!!

0|0
    0|0
  • rural without a doubt unfortunately for thel last few years I've had to go urban but get out as often as possible to the outskirts and indulge with the rural. keeps you connected xx

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I like a good mix.
    I live in a city that has the feeling of a countryside village, which is really awesome. Although we've got about 110,000 inhabitants, which is a lot for my country, the historic city center is quite overseeable. If you go to a café or a bar and you generally know a lot of people, it can easily happen that you meet a friend. It is also very green here, which is very important for me. The historic city center is only open for pedestrians and bicycles and outside of it, in the neighborhoods, there's a lot of trees and meadows. It gives the place a really, calm, naturey atmosphere. At the same time, we've got everything we need here in very short distance. There's a big train station, lots of shops and restaurants, bars and cafés, several movie theaters, museums and galleries, a public theater, a technical university, public baths, great public transport etc. My wife and I live close to the city center; it takes 8 minutes by bus to get there or about 10 minutes by bicycle (20-25 minutes on foot). So, this feels very urban and city-ish. I also love how the historic center can get really crowded and fast-paced on Saturdays like in a big city but then on Sundays, everything is closed, it's really empty and even outside of the center there are few cars on the street, like in a tiny village.

I would really find it hard to live anywhere else... not because of some kind of patriotism but simply because I've never been to another city in the world that combines the best of urban and rural life so wonderfully.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love rural for vacations when I want peace and quiet but I love strangers, making friends among them, and urban populaces offer endless strangers to befriend. Also when I was single that meant endless women to meet as well. In rural areas, you tend to see the same people every day, maybe some strangers here and there but it's more difficult to find them in a setting where you can get close to them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also with rural areas, your reputation tends to stick more. :-D If I go to a rural area and my friends throw a party and I end up going streaking or something stupid like that, word gets around fast. With urban areas, you can kind of do stupid things here and there without wording spreading to everyone you know.

• Last thing I want is to be featured in the local town news: "37-year old man gets drunk and runs around naked in town."

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I like rural, but not hermit lol

Like a ranch home in the mtns, thats 1hr away from a major city.

You know, for night life and human contact

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I was born and raised in New York City so I don't know much outside of urban life 😂. I've obviously been out of the city but never really LIVED outside of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural away from all the noise and drama. I am all about that quiet peaceful environment

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was like 15 I loved being in the city, but now I hate it. Rural life for me, please.

0|0
    0|0
  • Urban townhome. Somewhere with lots of people from a lot of different backgrounds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in quite rural area, but even though I love nature, I’d prefer urban life

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural. I can't stand the city 🙄

0|0
    0|0
  • Both!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing to do on the farm but fucking horses

0|1
    3|1
  • I would not survive in the “wild” lol

0|1
    0|0
  • rural/suburban

0|1
    0|0
  • Always rural

0|1
    0|0
  • Rural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Better a car noise than a cow crash

0|0
    1|0
  • Urban

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural all the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • rural

0|0
    0|0
  • Urban, I’m a City Slicker!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 37

• definitely more of the rural life. i like access to the city but prefer to live outside of city

0|0
    0|0
  • I live an hour away from town into the mountains. I only go to town when I need to go to school or other things. I love living out here, as I can do more things here than I can in the city. For instance, I'm trying to find a spot on my Ranch to build a pistol and rifle shooting range, which obviously you can't shoot on your own property in the city.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely urban life. Life moves at faster pace, more hustle bustle, all the amnesties available, a lot more to do and socialize.

I can see the appeal of rural life too, its more scenic for one, more peaceful. But not a lot to do, and people are nosy.

0|0
    0|0
  • An urbanite can live next to all neighbors for decades without ever speaking while a rural life teaches how one needs to know their neighbor.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once said I'd move to further northern of countryside in Denmark to live in the future. I love the life there. So peaceful.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have their pros and cons, but as a whole i prefer a rural life. But not so far from society that i can't go out and participate in night life from time to time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live 15 miles outside a town of 5000 Kansas I'm as rural as it gets

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in the suburbs.. have all my life, so i don't wanna go rural. I'd have to pick urban if those are the ony 2 choices

0|0
    0|0
  • Born and bred in NYC you can take the boy out of New York City but you can't take New York City out of the boy. I am that boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to live in the country but still close enough to a city to go there whenever I feel like it. I like the best of both worlds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural or suburban. I wish I could live in the woods with high speed internet, but I can't so suburban is for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Lived in the middle of nowhere square for the whole of my life, but I really want to live somewhere like LA or NYC

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural.
    If I can see my neighbour, he/she is too close.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to live in rural areas without any rushes of the city. I don't mind if my mobile shows range is less.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could live happily in a cave (as long as there's internet)

0|0
    0|0
  • Country life for me, I like having the city nearby but could never live there

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose urban because rural would be too isolated but suburban is the best in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to be alone in the forest. I want big City live

0|0
    0|0
  • Rural, lived in it growing up, but for the last couple years I've been urban and don't care for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Currently, urban.
    But I would love to move to a more rural setting in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes