Has anyone here been treated unfairly because of what sex you are?

Sexism. How common is it? And how bad is it? Is it much more towards one sex now than another? This pole will hoprfully help find out.

What was your experience with this Issue? And what have you done in response to being treated unfairly-- if you have done anything? Did you care very much?
  • Has anyone here been treated unfairly because of what sex you are?Yes. I'm a man.
  • Has anyone here been treated unfairly because of what sex you are?Yes. I'm a lady.
  • Yes. And I have treated others unfairly.
    Vote C
  • No. But I have treated others unfairly.
    Vote D
  • Has anyone here been treated unfairly because of what sex you are?No.
    Vote E

6381

Most Helpful Girls

• of course. I think that there will always be the underlying feeling among most men AND women that men are better. your boss promotes the male worker because the female is "too fragile" to do the work. it also seems that both men and women prefer it when their boss is a man. Apparently not even women can appreciate strong, beautiful, successful females. it gives them too much to compete against. instead, they resort to bitching and degrading other women to make themselves feel more special.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Couldn't agree more. Females have a serious problem with team work. Although i am not generalising.

• wait until one of the girls shows up looking like Miss. Universe. Then you'll see how quickly the far left feminists will change their amicability. and this regardless of whether or not the girl is more accomplished than most of them. we're very good at being snobbish and judging people based on appearance. you can't be ugly or fat, you have to be thin, but not too thin, and you have to be beautiful, but not too beautiful, and definitely not better than the boss, goodness.

• Honestly the boss is pretty basic. Lots of the girl employees look much more attractive than her. But she's the hardest worker of all of us. And she's the best at what she does: get customers and keep them. But most of the customers never see her.

We have uniforms and you're not allowed to wear excessive makeup, or nail polish or eyelashes or jewelry because it could come off in the food. So just to be working girls can't doll themselves up that much.

And the ones who don't need to to be supermodels usually end up quitting on their own because honestly they tend to think waiting and cooking is below them..
      But the feminists do get annoyed when a girl has a definitively "girly" or "pretty" voice or tactic. They don't seem to think girls should be girly.. which is screwed in my opinion.

• Honestly yes, in petty ways.
    When I was like 9 years old I wanted to be a baseball pitcher (why, I don't know. I wasn't athletic). Everyone told me I couldn't play because I was a girl, but that I could play softball. Do softball players go to the World Series? Uh-uh.
    I could give you more stupid examples. Nothing major, but just trivial

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• Kinda. I wanted to work with kids for a while, and most answer I had were that it wasn't a job for a man, that I was probably gay or a pedo.
    Don't know if that counts.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's bullshit that all men are automatically looked at as pedophiles and rapists.

We can play this game, too. All women are liars and whores.

• @Prankster13: That's good. But i dunno, i feel like a lot of guys already treat women as such. maybe not you, but there's a great number that do.

• @DianaWest ya this is not one-sided at all. Your right.

But that doesn't devaluate either. And they are not caused by each other. They are independent issues that need to change. Each caused by something different.

• Of course i have, everyone has at some point in their lives. Sexist people do exist

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE