What do you think of PRIDE advertising? Fake or supportive?

lumos u
Some examples:

Personally I'm a bit on the fence. On one hand, I kinda don't mind brands taking a stance and letting people know that they support the lgbtq+ community. But on the other hand, a part of me feels like it's coming off as fake and just another marketing stunt. These companies are just riding on a popular wave due to it being pride month and them wanting to make some money off of it by slapping a rainbow colored label onto their products. Like what are these companies doing the rest of the year to show their support for the lgbtq+ community? I think I'd have an easier time accepting this type of marketing strategy if some of the proceeds made from the sales were donated to lgbtq+ friendly charities or projects.

*Please note: I have no interest in your opinion regarding the lgbtq+ community and what you think about people who are gay/trans etc, I'm only interested in what you have to say about this type of marketing specifically. I. e. I don't care whether you're for or against being gay, I'm more interested in whether you think this type of marketing comes off as greedy and fake, or genuine and supportive.
97
31