Are you for or against building the wall along the US Mexican border?

Currently the wall is starting construction in san diego and will go for about 14 miles until i guess Trump gets more money for the rest of it. There are also sections of it being built in Calexico, california and Santa Teresa, New Mexico. https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/trumps-border-wall-breaks-ground-in-san-diego/
the wall will look like this
the wall will look like this
The San Diego wall will reach up to 30 feet high, topped with a sheer vertical “anti-climbing plate” that offers no hand- or footholds for illicit border crossers... The new wall will allow agents to see through close-set metal uprights at the base of the structure, Pirro told the Post.

Do you approve of the wall being built or no?
  • I'm for the wall
  • I'm against the wall
  • I'm undecided
    Vote C

729

Most Helpful Girl

• Aside from the fact most "illegal" immigrants are overstayed Visas, aka they come here legally but then don't leave, so a wall won't stop that.

Borders are a ridiculous concept

• why are borders a ridiculous concept?

• As long as their population stays below 15%, and we're already above that in California.
      But just look what s happening in Europe.
      10 years ago they were saying exactly what you were saying.
      And you love Mexicans so much, that's great! But do you know 80% of them are Meztizo, mixed Spanish and indegenous blood. So told it wasn't for Colonization and "genocide" modern day Mexicans wouldn't exist. There isn't a single nation or culture that was founded without bloodshed. And it's not like tribes didn't kill other tribes

• Yeah, because localized warfare is on the same scale as the death of millions of people.

Hey, I guess it was cool Hitler killed 17 million "undesirables" including 6 million Jews, because hey, like, there have been Jewish murderers, so like, it's cool right?

Mass extermination and small warfare between different tribes is totally the same thing.

"There isn't a single nation or culture that was founded without bloodshed"
      Now you're starting to get it! It's kinda like I'm saying that's wrong, no matter who did it.

The tribes fighting each other, yeah, not great, but that doesn't mean they deserved to be slaughtered en masse by a foreign country for that countries benefit.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm VERY against it. It's one of the most retarded ideas I've run across in politics in 50 years. It will cost a fortune, the logistics of building it trough hundreds of miles of remote areas including desert will be a nightmare, it'll be an environmental disaster, it'll be ugly as hell, and it won't work.

If for some reason they actually try to build it, I might be down there protesting. I might be doing more than protesting, including things that are not legal.

• Having a giant wall is just stupid. It makes us as Americans look like we're unwelcoming. It would mess with the natural environment. The wall isn't even going to stop people from coming in anyways. It's essentially a waste of money that would be better spent solving the root issue in the first place.

• how would you solve it?

• One thing that would help is if we can get the American people off of drugs. Quite a bit of drugs come across illegally and if we can help people quit drugs then there is less of a market which would incentize drug cartels to decrease in size. Mind you, this is just one piece and a true solution would include several small pieces.