Are you for or against building the wall along the US Mexican border?

Currently the wall is starting construction in san diego and will go for about 14 miles until i guess Trump gets more money for the rest of it. There are also sections of it being built in Calexico, california and Santa Teresa, New Mexico. https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/trumps-border-wall-breaks-ground-in-san-diego/
the wall will look like this
the wall will look like this
The San Diego wall will reach up to 30 feet high, topped with a sheer vertical “anti-climbing plate” that offers no hand- or footholds for illicit border crossers... The new wall will allow agents to see through close-set metal uprights at the base of the structure, Pirro told the Post.

Do you approve of the wall being built or no?
  • I'm for the wall
    Vote A
  • I'm against the wall
    Vote B
  • I'm undecided
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Aside from the fact most "illegal" immigrants are overstayed Visas, aka they come here legally but then don't leave, so a wall won't stop that.

Borders are a ridiculous concept

1|1
    0|1
    • why are borders a ridiculous concept?

• Show All
    • As long as their population stays below 15%, and we're already above that in California.
      But just look what s happening in Europe.
      10 years ago they were saying exactly what you were saying.
      And you love Mexicans so much, that's great! But do you know 80% of them are Meztizo, mixed Spanish and indegenous blood. So told it wasn't for Colonization and "genocide" modern day Mexicans wouldn't exist. There isn't a single nation or culture that was founded without bloodshed. And it's not like tribes didn't kill other tribes

• Yeah, because localized warfare is on the same scale as the death of millions of people.

Hey, I guess it was cool Hitler killed 17 million "undesirables" including 6 million Jews, because hey, like, there have been Jewish murderers, so like, it's cool right?

Mass extermination and small warfare between different tribes is totally the same thing.

"There isn't a single nation or culture that was founded without bloodshed"
      Now you're starting to get it! It's kinda like I'm saying that's wrong, no matter who did it.

The tribes fighting each other, yeah, not great, but that doesn't mean they deserved to be slaughtered en masse by a foreign country for that countries benefit.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm VERY against it. It's one of the most retarded ideas I've run across in politics in 50 years. It will cost a fortune, the logistics of building it trough hundreds of miles of remote areas including desert will be a nightmare, it'll be an environmental disaster, it'll be ugly as hell, and it won't work.

If for some reason they actually try to build it, I might be down there protesting. I might be doing more than protesting, including things that are not legal.

0|1
    0|1
  • Having a giant wall is just stupid. It makes us as Americans look like we're unwelcoming. It would mess with the natural environment. The wall isn't even going to stop people from coming in anyways. It's essentially a waste of money that would be better spent solving the root issue in the first place.

0|1
    0|1
    • how would you solve it?

• One thing that would help is if we can get the American people off of drugs. Quite a bit of drugs come across illegally and if we can help people quit drugs then there is less of a market which would incentize drug cartels to decrease in size. Mind you, this is just one piece and a true solution would include several small pieces.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• There is no reason to build it and it will be expensive to build and maintain the wall.

1|2
    0|3
    • why don't you think there is a reason to build it?

• Show All
    • Yes they are determined, but these aren't bright capable people. If they were intelligent and determined, then they would have the means to come here legally.

The doctor's and engineers aren't crossing illegally. They're successful so they come here legally. It is exclusively the unintelligent and/or lazy who have to resort to coming here illegally. So yes, given the quality of people they are, I do believe a certain percentage of them will simply give up.

• @ThatPersonOverThere I wouldn't call people determined and meticulously finding ways to cross a border unintelligent or lazy. Quite the opposite in fact, but that doesn't mean I support them entering illegally.

• You can do whatever you want as long as you pay everything from your own pockets and it's built on your soil.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m for the wall. We need to do something. Our state is being sucked dry.

1|4
    1|1
  • undecided

0|1
    0|0
  • Undecided

0|1
    0|0
  • Against
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|2
    0|2

What Guys Said 27

• i think if there are very specific places taht are points of problems i think states should fund the wall with some federal assistance. i think a 1,954 is unfeasible and unnecessary.

again focused points of entry can get walled up but the vast majority of the border doesn't need a wall.

considering that for about the past 5 years land crossings have been the point of entry least used by illegals i don't see any reason for extensive construction of an extremely pricey wall

0|1
    0|0
  • The West has to preserve itself and the wall is less of an actual obstacle for illegals and more of a message for them.

1|4
    0|0
  • I use to be against it as I thought it would be a waste of money and would be ineffective. Then after some research I discovered that throughout history, society has been building literal barriers to ensure the sanctity of it's citizens and that Israel had walls all around their country and it works rather well.

0|1
    0|1
    • I agree but some would be quick to point out that a wall protecting israel is different from a wall protecting the U. S. since the US has a far bigger border to protect and would cost more tax dollars to defend it.

what would you say to that?

• There are multiple layers and sections to the Israeli walls that when stretched out is quite long and extensive.

Now I understand there are people here who have been here for years, if they are not felons then I think they should be granted citizenship. But we can't just bring in a bunch of people when we still have a homeless problem here that's getting worse by the day. We need to focus on our own people. Now I'm not a nationalist by stretch of the word, but I still understand that we have a border and need a border. If we don't protect our border, we might as well not have one; which obviously would spell disaster.

• That's tough, I felt like at one time, I was a bit bitter with all the Spanish people running to the U. S. and living Mexico empty and fulling up more space in the U. S. but with these recent developments about people having to leave their kids it makes it tough. I wanted us to partner with Mexico and make it part of the U. S. but I have been told that's not realistic. It's a tough call to make, at what point do we call a maximum capacity for the U. S., I suppose I traveled recently and saw tons of empty space along the highway but densely populated areas feel like they are getting more populated and, in terms of the melting pot, I drive around my neighborhood and would expect to hear Irish music, Italian music, music from France but I have never heard that music in my entire life in the area that I live but I have heard Spanish music my whole life and in great values. So take that for what it's worth. But It's a tough situation and it's hard to know where to draw the line and where to have mercy. It would make it easier for me if there was not so many Spanish people out where I live to feel for them but there is so many and it makes me wonder how many of them got here legally. Should we take a blind eye to this or should it be something where we have to draw the line somewhere. I have been made an example of many times. I ran into class 2 minutes late and the professor counted my paper as not being turned in on time. Sure that is nowhere in comparison to this topic but it brings me to a point. At what point, do we start taking this seriously, I mean illegal is illegal, do we make it legal and if so, is there a line should there be a line? I mean if Mexico is unwilling to work with us or their people then why is this placed in the untied states lap? Is it fair to do that? Is it the only option? and this debate is some much deeper than this, get a passionate person on this post and we could be talking about this for hours, days even. I honestly don't know where to stand with this but I think in some way it should be addressed and boundaries made at least in the law prospective

0|1
    0|0
    • and do get me wrong, I love Spanish people, I have one as my next store neighbor and he and his family have been nothing but sweet to me. Plus, I think Spanish women are attractive to me. My major point is about the expanding population. which I am sure someone will be able to explain to me why that is not a factor.

• don't not do, oh my word choices

• I always figured politicians didn't reeeally want to stop illegal immigration. This has been my thought even pre Obama, and if I could talk to Trump for 30 min I'd suggest two things: actually pay attention to citizenship verification when people are hired and actually PENALIZE a company through fines if they break the laws. For example, if you hire someone illegally, you pay a fee of 10,000 or more in a fee. And actually AUDIT companies. I've talked to business owners and I've heard they have to hire illegally to compete. Makes sense right?

I figured the government never actually really wanted to change immigration laws. Bush Jr. was one that wanted amnesty. He's a great guy huh? Maybe, but millions of cheap labor also causes lower labor prices and higher business owner profits like for George's oil companies. Immigration wasn't a partisan issue back then. Actually, Clinton and Obama (named the deporter in chief) were much more into stopping immigration than Bush was. It's funny how people form opinions when their political ideologies tell them to huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER43fQSUi5k

I'm not saying my solution would solve the issue. If I could talk to Trump, he may explain why it wouldn't, but based on what I know, I think if you take away their inability to work, they'll leave. Then we could set up an agreed upon legal way for them to be here and work.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100% for it. No one respects our sovereignty on the southern border. A country/culture can't absorb this many people sneaking in. Our country should absolutely enforce its laws and its borders and stop anyone who doesn't honor our laws from breaking in. I'm up for the wall, drones, electronic sensors, hiring 30,000 border agents. I'm also for being hostile with Mexico. They let this crap go on. They aren't an alley, they aren't a friendly neighbor they are an enemy.

0|3
    0|0
  • I'm definitely for the wall. Department of Homeland Security officials have testified before Congress that while the wall won't be a magic bullet, it will still greatly help in securing the border against illegals (including human traffickers, drug cartel members and gang members) crossing. Given how porous our southern border is, anything that greatly helps in securing our border is something I support.

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters one way or another. Mexico has their own wall along their southern border. I think it might cut down on illegal immigration. It's not as though it will get rid of all of it, but then there's nothing that really would. The only sensible argument I've heard against it is that it's a waste of money (a sentiment with which I'm inclined to agree).

0|1
    0|0
  • Trump is not building a wall to solve the problem of illegal immigration. It will not help with that. He's building the wall to make people who are afraid of "illegals" feel better about themselves. And maybe to increase the national debt since Republicans seem to love doing that.

0|1
    0|1
  • If the wall is going to be built, it should be a "smart wall". It should have solar powered generators along the entire structure so it generates electricity that can be sold to American residents that live near the boarder at a reduced price and also sold to Mexico at a not-reduced price. Then Mexico actually ends up paying for it by default over time with no arguments.

0|2
    0|0
  • This shit going to empower the cartels to gain further exclusivity in transporting contraband and people across the border. They are basically the only ones rich enough to invest in tunnels and boating equipment necessary to subvert a bigass Berlin wall like this. If the cartels charge 2,000 dollars to cross the border, by the end of the walls contruction it will go up to 4,000 because they know people will have no choice but to let them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Supposedly they go down to bedrock in order to prevent being funneled underneath. Of course where there is a will there's a way.

• Won’t they just dig under it like they do now?

Or game of thrones and go around it where it meets the Pacific 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • Well, I'm not paying for it, so my opinion is moot.

But if I were, I'd be for it. It's time something was done.

0|2
    0|0
  • against as its very expensive and won't be effective

0|1
    0|1
  • Think about it rationally for a second... too many of us get caught up in a tyrannical government scenario and think the wall can be used to keep us in as much as its meant to keep people out...

--> Trump is looking out for the future and thinking for the people... imagine if there is ever a ww3, its probable... that wall with all the armed Americans and military to keep the south closed off.. forget about it... and even today it serves a great purpose... gotta trust the gov't a bit... they're not looking to cannibalize their own house.

We need the wall all the way through... full security and 24 hour coverage through and through... top notch

1|3
    0|0
  • If only these new democrats knew how pro-wall old democrats were... it's cute how narratives can change so quickly.

0|2
    0|0
  • Absolutely I'm 100% for building the wall to protect our borders

1|2
    1|0
  • Walls are never the answer unless it's a beautiful structure like the great wall of China.
    Asian chicks are hot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of the walls he could have built this one looks surprisingly easy to climb.

0|1
    0|1
  • For, but at the same time, people will still find a way to get through, because most overstay their visas. But I will at least stop people from just coming over in hoards and smuggling drugs. Plus, it'll create a lot of jobs.

But I think he should do what a lot of countries do, anyone coming in on a visa must register with the police and state where they will be staying. So if they do overstay their visa or commit a crime they can be easily tracked down.

A wall won't be enough.

"A wall is only as good as the people who defend it"
    -Ghengis Khan

0|2
    0|0
  • *mic drop*

0|2
    0|1
  • I'm for it
    our borders need to be controlled better,
    we are a nation not a playground

0|1
    0|0
  • Bring our troops home and station them at the border.

0|2
    0|1
    • Oceans on both sides. Tunnels under the border already exist. What's the point?

• I'm against building the wall we built this country on immigrants.

0|1
    0|2
  • You have walls for your house don't you?

1|1
    0|0
    • ^This.
      Had some dumb cunt on Facebook arguing that "They just want a better life and we should make it easier for them to come here and get it."
      So I asked her for her address, because "Hey I just want a better life, so you should make it easy for me to come take your stuff."

Naturally she didn't respond. A liberal's sense of morality shatters the moment you expect them to pay the cost for it. They're extremelly generous as long as they're able to give somebody the shirt from somebody else's back. Ask them to give up something themselves? Silence.

• Show All
    • Right and every neighborhood needs a girl next door in her prime

• For it

0|2
    1|0
  • I'm not an idiot, so I'm against the wall.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes