* It's getting hot in here 🔥 *

by the way

Are you a feminist? Why? Why not?

Just curious.

Can a person be hot and not know it? ↗

Answer this question please🙏

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you had asked a few weeks ago I would’ve considered myself a feminist. My understanding of the word was that it was basically synonymous with equality.

I no longer think that I wish to associate myself with the movement based on my eyes being widened to a lot of the vehemence and hate that’s spread by supposed proponents of it. My views themselves haven’t changed, but I don’t know that I wish to associate myself with a movement that’s becoming increasingly more radicalized.

7|18
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Dude feminism has been going on a downhill trend since the 70s. It's a business now.

• Call yourself an egalitarianist instead

• Mmm egalitarian would always have been a term I associated with. I didn't see the two as being in opposition until I saw feminists saying so. I think that there's a big PR problem with feminists right now. I can't imagine that most of them believe in the nonsense that some are spreading.

• Because for the unenlightened male, feminism is a threat. If you've been sitting on the throne for centuries, it can be too comfortable to get off it and share it with someone else. These men would rather keep the status quo. Feminism is merely the belief that women and men should be treated equally - if you don't believe in feminism, that means you don't believe in treating men and women equally. Most of these unenlightened men, however, seek to pain the entire feminist movement based on the opinions and increasingly loud voices of RADICAL Feminists - who go beyond what the feminist movement seek.

I mean, come on, there are radicals in every group. I don't base my view of Christianity on the fringe groups who state that the world would be better of if all gays and lesbians were burned at the stake, nor do I base my views of white people on the words and actions of White Supremacists. I don't base my views of Muslims because of the vocal minority who want to be terrorists. To completely tar a movement because of the beliefs of the radicals in that group? As I said, unenlightened.

And then you find unenlightened men who will say: "We don't need feminism anymore. We live in a post-sexism society." It's very easy for these men to say that, since they don't have to deal with strange men stalking the to their houses, or having their asses and genitalia grabbed by men on public transport or at the office, nor do they have to deal with men at work who believe that they're less capable than their colleagues simply because of their biological sex. They cannot empathize with women, and thus have ZERO idea what women go through.

Saying we live in Post-sexism world is like saying we live in a Post-racism world. Delusion at its most comical.

There is a quote that I find especially apt to explain the existence of these unenlightened men:

When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression

4|1
    1|8
    • Men and women are equal these days. Women want society to be female-dominated. But you're just some beta male cuck anyways lol

• Show All
    • Thank you. That's all I have to say. Your last statement should enlighten all.

• @AuroraRoseat You're welcome! Unfortunately, there are some who prefer to remain unenlightened. Which is, their right to do so, of course. Have a good day!

Most Helpful Girls

• Because the moment is no longer necessary, and anyone who thinks so, has been misled by rumors and lies spread by those who don't want equality, they want elevation above men.

We had equality. Feminism served it's purpose. Then a few zealots extremists started trying to tip the scales in the other direction, and now man are getting treated horribly.

Many might try to argue that they're just getting a taste of their own medicine, but what the ignorant bigots fail to realize it's this new version of the movement is no better than terrorism, and that is changing men, in some very negative and irreparable ways.

1|8
    1|0
  • Because I have found every feminist I've talked to, to be extremely dishonest and slippery in discussions.
    The term 'Feminist' is practically meaningless.
    Feminism is about gender egalitarianism when convenient, but then it has a very specific set of (Dumb) beliefs when you prod feminists to figure out what they actually advocate, and will disavow anyone who doesn't tow the line.

1|12
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 113

• Feminsm is responsible for the death of dating and family. That's why.

1|7
    2|2
    • Show All
    • Jason, that is an individual's choice. If a woman decides that she wants to pursue a career, she should be allowed to as should you. It sounds like you are upset that it means that a woman is being removed from the dating game making it so that there are less women to choose from. It's selfish quite frankly.

I wouldn't ever get in the way for you to pursue your dreams and what you want. I hope you do find the right woman for you. But a woman should not be restricted if she wants to advance herself just because other people don't wish it.

• @AuroraRoseat as a result of most women actively pursuing their career (choosing money and power over love and family) has ruined dating for most people. Those women sleep around and created fuckboys, and fuckboys ruin and hurt innocent girls because they are so used to these "modern independant women". So there you go. The current state of dating is a direct result of the rampant Feminism which the Western world has somehow manged to survive (barely).

• Because a lot of them promote their agenda at the expense of men rather than inclusive with men. Feminists have gotten a bad rep because a large faction are no longer about equality. Instead they promote feminine supremacy which is as devisive as male supremacy.

2|4
    1|1
  • Feminisms used to be almost synonymour with equality. The moment is nowadays filled with supporters who misinterpret it's original goals and the movement is going downhill and many of it's supporters loathe men and aren't looking for equality but female superiority. I support equality but not the "feminazism" that seems to be a growing trend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Often because many feminists are actually just anti-male and many others are just looking for free handouts. Feminism isn't a single thing, everyone has their own definition and nearly everyone gets angry if you mention that other people calling themselves the same thing are totally different. It's not a single movement, in the least. And many, maybe most, in any movement with that name, do so out of hatred and no attempt to do something positive for women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t think of a single human right that men have that women don’t. Actually, don’t women have more rights than men? I believe it’s 6.
    That means that modern-day feminism is a not a fight for equal rights, but social equality.
    That also means that feminists sound like needy children who want to play with their older siblings, even though there’s literally no stopping them from doing that. They just think that there is so hopefully someone pities them and they don’t have to work hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't HATE anyone. I Don't understand 'Feminism' and it seems to be a lot of different groups, with very different agendas, all lumped together, under the same 'term': Feminism.
    If I should support this, and endorse it, someone EXPLAIN IT, PLEASE!!!

0|0
    0|1
  • The hysterical man haters and those who perpetuate grossly inaccurate statistics have given feminism a bad name. The pool has been contaminated. It's a bit like the English Defence League being associated with racism. Once the well has been poisoned it's hard to convince anyone to drink from it again.

0|0
    0|2
  • I don't like feminism because they were never for all women. Today's version of feminism is even worse. They tear down successful women, prey on the insecurities of the women who has low self esteem, still aren't for all women, show unnecessary hatred towards men, spread lies, & blatantly ignores the facts presented to them. I love equalist though.

0|1
    0|1
  • Media, of both the social and mainstream, often show the minority extremist to represent a group. So the extreme man-hating or too easily offended feminist are portrayed as the majority when most likely they are just a vocal minority. Most people who believe in Liberal Western Democracies, should uphold the principal of judging a person their character and mind when it comes to professional, political, and most social interactions.

Few actually believe that woman are inherently less than men, and those who do are in an such a extreme minority of men that I don't most people will ever meet someone who believes such things.

Something that people associate with feminist is a person who trys to correct someone's speech, when the person has shown no intention of malice or show ill-will. Also I personally say man when talking about mankind/homo sapiens and say male or female when distinguishing between the sexes. But a feminist associate showed displeasure with my phrasing of "the fate of men should lie in their own hands". Her comment was "what about the fate of women". When obviously I was talking about mankind, so women have equal power and are dealt equal consequences. I showed no malice yet my language was scrutinized in ways I didn't desire. I desired scrutiny of the ideas I spoke of in my whole statement, not the use of word in only phrase of my statement that had no effect on the meaning of the statement. I know this is petty example, but I haven't had too much issue with feminist in this regard.

I hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't one type of feminist movement. Those with their head screwed on will appreciate and respect the views and drives of 'original' feminists, those who fight solely for gender equality. It's difficult to respect politically and socially inept third-wave feminists, however.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion and from personal experience, most of the people who have anything against feminism aren't actually against equal rights, but against people who act superior. I've witnessed so-called feminists blatantly attacking guys just for being guys, saying all men are trash and should be executed, and having idiotic stances on relationships with guys. A very common phrase in social media is "To me, hating guys is just a sport", and when you look at the comments there are these dozens of women saying similar things and actually agreeing with it, and when you try to talk against it, they tell you to shut up because you're a guy, so you're a rapist scum. Feminism is about bringing equity to issues regarding gender, not having women behaving as the part of the male population they actually hate. This is quite fearsome, because it seems that instead of promoting something better and equal, some feminists only want to invert the current pattern in society. Also, it is quite common for feminists to proclaim that they fight for equality, but right after say something like "There is NO WAY a woman can rape a man" (when 1 in 4 rape victims is a man, and men are three times more likely to have depression and commit suicide). All in all, it is not feminism itself, just the hateful hypocratic behaviour that a parcel of the "feminists" show that actually stands out

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because they could have just called themselves equalists and had a better outcoming in my opinion. But their messages overall are strewed and not as direct as they should be or claim to be. It makes people dislike the concept more so, and not to mention the things that happened with modern feminism... people just felt like they were kind of fascists.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's not that I hate feminists, I just dont like anyone who trys to say one gender is better than the other. We need eachother for quite literally everything. If we didn't, then there wouldn't ne two genders, simple as that. Now each gender is better at different things than the other, socially, politically, career based as well. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and anyone who tries to deny that and claim we are all equal is full of shit.

0|1
    1|0
  • There is no reason to dislike feminism, I'm a feminist and I love women and want them all to be happy, understood and respected. :)

Women are equal but they needed to be treated that way. As you can see women who say that are feminists are treated very poorly here. I think that's really wrong.

1|0
    0|2
  • Cause they dont know what da fuck they want there movement to be about.

0|4
    2|0
  • While I'm sure there are a few bad apples as in any group, I'm certain that most of the haters are actually sexists with low self-esteem who villanize the movement because they fear that type of equality.

note: I shouldn't HAVE to say this but my criticism of shallowness is not sexist lol... although there are those who use the word as a shield when they hear truths they don't like.

1|0
    0|1
  • I feel that the extreme radical femnints (or as I like to call "Fem-Nazis," the ones who claim that "all men are pigs") have given the entirety of the term "femnism" a bad reputation.
    Much like how the corrupt racist officers in the police force have given the entire police force a bad reputation.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a femnist in the way that people deserve equal treatment regardless of sex and that we have zero excuse to still have a gender pay gap.
      But obviously I don't think all men are pigs.

• I'm also a feminist too :).

• Feminism, at least today, is detrimental, even to other women. For example, the look for equity rather than equality. An example of this is their fight for more women in the workforce while they IGNORE the women who want to be a stay-at-home wife and mother. They hate the idea of a woman at home or in the kitchen, which tells women who want that they're not good enough or valuable. They IGNORE the talents women have that most men don't (like being nurturing) rather than congratulating women on what they can do. Those are just a few examples...

1|2
    1|0
  • Because "feminism" has been polluted. Originally it stands for gender equality, but lots of people, females also, believed it stands for special privilege for women and had misused "feminism" for their own selfish gain.

0|1
    0|0
    • Feminism was for female equality not equality between genders/sexes as some tries to propagate , also a power tool.

• Do you think individuals are more important than groups?
    Have you actually read into Marxism and find its philosophy horrific in its application?
    Are you disgusted with the twisting of language for political expediency?
    If you said yes to any of the above, feminism is a fucking dumpster fire to be avoided like the plague.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 43

• there's a lot of disinformation out there about who feminists are and what we believe and are working toward. It really comes down to sexists wanting to preserve the status quo or regress.

1|3
    2|18
    • Yes you are right.

• Show All
    • @theflash675

"Lets ignore famous feminists with fans bases of hundreds of thousands to millions spewing radicalized speeches. Let's just ignore a ton of rallies and their radicalized outlets that supports the message being pushed. Let's forget how tv shows constantly shove the same thing down our throats."

Not everyone is out to get you. Nothing you say here is actually true, it just shows your general paranoia and hatred about feminists voicing their opinion. I have to wonder why this bothers you so much.

"quick to call someone something that you are yourself"

What did I call you that I am myself? This is getting downright ridiculous and childish.

"I lack the time and patience for your dishonesty"

Where have I been dishonest?

" and overall obvious attitude to the situation"

If you don't like people having different opinions than you, I suggest you stop communicating with other people or at least stop posting online"

• @theflash675

" If you don't speak up then you are apart of it."

I am speaking up and you don't like that. I am speaking up against hatred and bigoted ideas of what you think feminism is.

You've made a emotional fool of yourself here, you don't even have one valid claim, based on reality, but you do have loads of misguided hatred.

• Most people hate feminazis, not actual feminists and honestly, why shouldn't they? All that those people support is inequality but towards men instead of women. Men are not better than women, but women are also not better than men. At least that's my opinion.

0|6
    0|1
  • Feminism isn’t what it was when it first became a thing. Now it’s woman mostly abusing their right as a female to justify why females deserve all this shit or what ever and it’s annoying. I mean I’m all for female rights but the over exaggerating of it is a bit ridiculous.. I’m doing a poor job of explaining this so hopefully someone gets it 🤨🤣

0|9
    1|1
  • Nowadays feminism is portrayed as this movement against men and anything logical. I think feminism started off with good intentions but now people have just overdone it. It's a joke now, all these so called feminists do is talk shit about men and find any excuse to yell at you and get offended which is so far from what it's originally meant to be. So, of course people hate feminists.

0|7
    0|2
    • I don't think many people know real feminists. They see something on youtube, one crazy person probably acting and think that's what feminism is. No feminist I know is radical and mean.

• Because feminism in general is seen as a threat to masculinity. Men can't feel superior if women are equal.
    Also, a lot of people don't know what feminism stands for, and think it's about female superiority.
    And finally, there are a lot of idiots out there that claim to be feminist, but all they do is piss people off and make the movement look bad. Sadly these people are louder than true feminists, so many people just assume that's what all feminists are like.

2|1
    1|11
    • wrong! men support women and want them to have equal rights, the reason the movement is hated is because feminists has made men scapegoats and they're trying to control everything men do. they've ruined a lot of things. I remember being a feminist when I was 14 and I supported what I thought it was, I thought it was about women supporting women and helping and encouraging young girls to be and do more, not once did i think it was about a "MaN" oppressing women. Then I found out what it actually was (third wave feminism) and I really didn't want to be associated with something like that. now I'm at a place where I don't know if I should become a feminist again just to show women and especially men what feminism is meant to be and not what it is, show men that not all women are ungrateful, and show women that we can and should support our men.

• Show All
    • Lol ooooookay

• It's not about men v. s women. Feminism demonizes men as threat that must be withdrawn from society. The only way to do it is by woman liberating them selves. As if men are government body that regulate women. Lol

• Because third wave and radical feminism is taking things to far.
    Now that women are more or less equal to men in western society and developed countries, some feminists have resorted to exaggerating or fabricating issues just to keep the movement going

0|6
    0|0
  • I am a Feminist.

I feel that the reason why many do is because of the radical malcontents that have stated and done some pretty severely horrible things to our counterparts. But that's not ALL Feminists and just because they are a part of Feminism (remember the No-True Scotsmans fallacy), doesn't mean that they are going about the right way.

0|2
    0|6
  • Because instead of helping women in underdeveloped countries that actually don't have rights, they do things like complain about a wage gap that's been disproven a thousand times over

2|7
    0|0
  • Obviously, I'm not talking about every single feminist in the world, but as usual, the bad examples are the loudest.
    I've seen many "feminists" who don't care about equality, but are instead pretty much female supremacists.

Those "feminists" are usually very toxic, even to other women who don't disagree. It's not about liberty either, because if you don't agree with them, you're against them (in their opinion).

0|4
    0|1
  • No I am not a feminist.

I don't hate feminists but I sure don't agree with them.

I think it's because of this :

i0.wp.com/.../femins.png?resize=785%2C444&ssl=1

0|3
    0|2
  • Nope im actually a supporter of Male rights.

Especially for the males in the USA, They have a lot less privileges than females, Such as males are much more likely to be violently arrested then females.

A male is much more likely to lose the custody battle for their kids to the mother, Even if she is a horrible mother.

And men are a lot of the time framed for sexual assault/harassment/rape by woman who can't control themselves when drunk. ( Fun fact if your drunk and constantly hitting on someone to have sex with its not rape especially if they say no or are also drunk)

0|9
    0|1
    • getting to check back up on this post seeing 1 negative nancy man

• Because it's trendy. Most men will say it's because they're fat, lazy, entitled, man hating and ugly, but that's just most men's wives and future wives anyway. Most men don't deserve nor do they keep a quality woman, feminist or not. I look at what most men claim bothers them and always find the underlining issue to be, they hate women having rights and any type of voice. #girlpower #bitchnation #feminism #suckit

0|0
    2|8
    • most men dont deserve a quality woman? bcs its known that women go out of their way to impress a man right. puttung on make up must be exhausting. i agree its really unfair that women have to court to men...

• Show All
    • then learn English... or use google translate

• The ass kissing bitches who men will never love are out I see, downvoting me won't make you desirable.

• From what I've heard they want to be treated like men but they blame men for all sorts of problems

1|12
    1|2
  • Because examples of some feminists we see on youtube are, well... these girls are so stupid and they act like they have had brainwash, oh come on. And people see such creature some times and boom, they think that all feminists are like that and just hate them.

0|3
    0|1
  • Im not hating the old feminist that wanted justice.

I hate today feminist women that make men look bad , make them look like pigs and if someone just looks at them, they complain and call that sexual harassment.

I have nothing with old feminism that gave women some right , gave them the right to vote and marry the guy they want , gave them the right to wear what they want , gave them the right to choose what they want in life.

But today feminism isn't about that anymore , Its about making men feel like trash , making them look weak and stupid and this kind of feminism want to show that women dont need men anymore and I think its a bulls#it.

Were are the feminist in arabic countries? Were are they when a woman is tortured for having sex before marriage? Or where are they when women get genital mutilation in Arabic countries?

No. They are scared too much to do something there. But here they complain about a man if he checks them out and they go outside looking like a stripper.

0|8
    0|0
  • I may be under 18, but I don’t see a problem with the way our country is run. I don’t look at if we need or want a female president. I look at who will do a better job, and I’m not a feminist even as a girl because I’m not treated any different than other people. I may be a farm kid with an idea of where food comes from but not in a societal way

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, you should do dome research into what feminism really is today.
    It's not about gender equality, it's about female superiority.

0|5
    0|0
  • Hate is a strong emotion, and I feel as if it's truly misplaced on a group like feminists (as a whole) if you disagree with certain people or fractions, ok, sure. But yea, some people do hate feminism. And I find that weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cos people hate what's uncomfortable for them. Feminists are too straight forward and too honest. That's against political correctness.

I'm not a feminist.
    Why? I'm individualist

1|1
    0|3
  • A lot of people who claim to be feminists, miss-understand the meaning, as result, miss-use and over-use the ideology.

0|1
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes