Why do some people hate feminists?

Why do some people hate feminists?
* It's getting hot in here 🔥 *

by the way

Are you a feminist? Why? Why not?

Just curious.

Can a person be hot and not know it? ↗

Answer this question please🙏

45115

Most Helpful Guys

• Because for the unenlightened male, feminism is a threat. If you've been sitting on the throne for centuries, it can be too comfortable to get off it and share it with someone else. These men would rather keep the status quo. Feminism is merely the belief that women and men should be treated equally - if you don't believe in feminism, that means you don't believe in treating men and women equally. Most of these unenlightened men, however, seek to pain the entire feminist movement based on the opinions and increasingly loud voices of RADICAL Feminists - who go beyond what the feminist movement seek.

I mean, come on, there are radicals in every group. I don't base my view of Christianity on the fringe groups who state that the world would be better of if all gays and lesbians were burned at the stake, nor do I base my views of white people on the words and actions of White Supremacists. I don't base my views of Muslims because of the vocal minority who want to be terrorists. To completely tar a movement because of the beliefs of the radicals in that group? As I said, unenlightened.

And then you find unenlightened men who will say: "We don't need feminism anymore. We live in a post-sexism society." It's very easy for these men to say that, since they don't have to deal with strange men stalking the to their houses, or having their asses and genitalia grabbed by men on public transport or at the office, nor do they have to deal with men at work who believe that they're less capable than their colleagues simply because of their biological sex. They cannot empathize with women, and thus have ZERO idea what women go through.

Saying we live in Post-sexism world is like saying we live in a Post-racism world. Delusion at its most comical.

There is a quote that I find especially apt to explain the existence of these unenlightened men:

When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression

• Men and women are equal these days. Women want society to be female-dominated. But you're just some beta male cuck anyways lol

• Thank you. That's all I have to say. Your last statement should enlighten all.

• @AuroraRoseat You're welcome! Unfortunately, there are some who prefer to remain unenlightened. Which is, their right to do so, of course. Have a good day!

• If you had asked a few weeks ago I would’ve considered myself a feminist. My understanding of the word was that it was basically synonymous with equality.

I no longer think that I wish to associate myself with the movement based on my eyes being widened to a lot of the vehemence and hate that’s spread by supposed proponents of it. My views themselves haven’t changed, but I don’t know that I wish to associate myself with a movement that’s becoming increasingly more radicalized.

• Dude feminism has been going on a downhill trend since the 70s. It's a business now.

• Call yourself an egalitarianist instead

• Mmm egalitarian would always have been a term I associated with. I didn't see the two as being in opposition until I saw feminists saying so. I think that there's a big PR problem with feminists right now. I can't imagine that most of them believe in the nonsense that some are spreading.

Most Helpful Girls

• Because I have found every feminist I've talked to, to be extremely dishonest and slippery in discussions.
    The term 'Feminist' is practically meaningless.
    Feminism is about gender egalitarianism when convenient, but then it has a very specific set of (Dumb) beliefs when you prod feminists to figure out what they actually advocate, and will disavow anyone who doesn't tow the line.

• Because the moment is no longer necessary, and anyone who thinks so, has been misled by rumors and lies spread by those who don't want equality, they want elevation above men.

We had equality. Feminism served it's purpose. Then a few zealots extremists started trying to tip the scales in the other direction, and now man are getting treated horribly.

Many might try to argue that they're just getting a taste of their own medicine, but what the ignorant bigots fail to realize it's this new version of the movement is no better than terrorism, and that is changing men, in some very negative and irreparable ways.