Thoughts on the newer/younger generation’s behavior?

I feel that my generation is pretty open minded and expressive. Only thing that really bothers me is how obsessed everyone is with their phones. Like I get it, technology is wonderful and I love being on my phone too! But when we’re hanging out, could you stop scrolling through Snapchat for 5 minutes? I simply want a conversation without any distractions.

So what are your thoughts on the newer/younger generations?Thoughts on the newer/younger generation’s behavior?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They'll make it through like the rest of us... lol. This question reminds me of one posted about my generation and my blood boiled because of all the baseless insinuations.

There will be successes and those who are struggling. Just like everyone else. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I'm optimistic about this next generation. They appear to be less wrapped up in identity politics, and are up for friendly banter. But yes, some could tone down on phone usage and learn to enjoy some of the more simple pleasures.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I was waiting in line for something the other day, and I noticed every other person was on their phone.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s honestly ridiculous

• Last year I was at a restaurant near UCLA and 5 college age girls came in together. While standing in line, they didn't say a word to each other, but were all working their thumbs on their phones.

• Well not everyone does everything the media show, i just think they dont utilized what have have as easy it is to access it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 13 and we behave like shit let me be honest, see people like us in the middle ages were crusading to reclaim the holy land...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are humanity best hope. We can accomplish so many things!

Cat memes...

0|0
    0|0
  • IT HAS BEEN A DISEASE TO THE YOUTH OF TODAY THAT HAS NO ANTIDOTE.

0|1
    0|0
  • They are far too laxed-though I blame the parents for not doing their jobs

0|0
    1|0
  • Bet you can't get it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Being more liberal and accepting of things outside the norm is not the same as being open minded.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think they are open minded.
    It seems like they choose to be more liberal and are very angry if someone doesn't agree with them.

Open minded to me means that if someone has a different opinion than there's they are willing to listen.

0|2
    0|0
    • Of course, that’s what I have generally witnessed.

Ah yeah, there’s also those who bash another’s opinion.

• i only use my phone when im alone and im not hooked up to anything really. i find it annoying when people can't be in the present.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think we're a lot better informed and more thoughtful and progressive in general. Not to say that we dont have our share of idiots, except instead of homophobes and religious extremists our idiots are people who want to be recognized as wolf-kin and and fuck kids cartoons. Not entirely sure which is worse!

1|0
    0|0
  • Pains in the arses...
    Self entitled spoiled brats
    Using new terms to rebel against parents such as pansexual, gender neutral..

Honestly think something went in the water to turn you all a bit funny in the head..

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that it’s good to be open minded and everything but talking as one of the younger generation I hate how brainwashed people can be by propoganda and shit they see on the news. No one really thinks for themselves, and I completely agree if I hang out with you I’m not hanging out with you to talk to a wall that won’t stop being on their phone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not all of its bad
    I'm "younger" i guess
    and im not a brat
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes