How would you rate Catholicism on a scale of -10 to 10, based on it's actions both today and throughout history?

In order to answer this question, you have to consider an overview of Catholicism: what it teaches, its religious history (e. g. the contents of the Bible), it's actual history, recent actions, etc.

We are not discussing individual Catholics but rather Catholicism as a whole.

This is how the scale works: -10 means its the most evil and negative organisation to have existed throughout history, 0 is neutral, and 10 means its the purest and most positive organisation to exist throughout history.

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions
  • -10 (Worst)
  • Between -9 and -5
  • Between -5 and -1
    Vote C
  • 0 Neutral
    Vote D
  • Between 1 and 5
    Vote E
  • Between 5 and 9
    Vote F
  • 10 (Best)
    Vote G

1532

Most Helpful Girls

• All the Catholic people I've known (which is a lot) have been judgmental af and just downright shitty people. The Catholic high school in my hometown was full of assholes. Last year, the football team sodomized a kid and got away with it. The Catholic school wanted to hide it and never talk about it again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 7d

@VanityFiend It sounds pretty believable to me, brother!

• 4d

@Mr_Smile I don't know. I don't talk but it took like, 5 seconds. I talked to 1 mod guy, told him a couple things about myself and then he let me in. I really didn't want to talk to be verified but it wasn't a big deal. No one is going to judge you, I promise. There's tons of "omnivores" in there so they don't make fun of or judge anyone. People in the discord want to bring more people in so I'm just trying to help them

• 4d

I'm not scared or anything I just don't want to talk. There is a much simple and easier way to do it without having to find my mic and talk to some random guy. And if they're worried I'm a bot, just link them to my GaG profile. I have plenty of very colourful personality, I'm sure they'll see I'm not a bot.

• worst religion to exist. the amount of peopme theyve killed for not believing in their god is unmatched. no other religion comes even close. also the pedos and sexism, colonialism etc etc i can go on

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 7d

Do you know what religion that is? Christianity. The main religion in the United States. The difference is that the Catholic Church is an institution, and a political power.

They've done terrible things as an institution, but today believers in God that go to mass are not to blame.

The Catholic Church founded the first universities in Europe. The Catholic Church is the highest nongovernmental charity provider.

• 6d

Lol I respect your opinion but try to argument. You don't have to. I just encourage it

• 6d

The institution and the religions are two different things.

If all religions ended up being a lie. Totally untrue. But before the world would have to follow one. I rather live in a world where people believe their actions determine whether or not they go to heaven. At least a couple people would try to be good to others

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll just answer your question this way: I have no problem whatsoever with individual Catholics. I've known many of them and they are fine people. But I think the hierarchy of the Catholic Church is a corrupt, criminal enterprise that borders on something like the Mafia. The widespread coverups of the child sexual abuse scandals, which has gone on for years, is undoubtedly the most egregious contemporary example.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE