How would you rate Islam on a scale of -10 to 10 based on it's actions and influence both throughout history and in the modern world?

In order to answer this question, you have to consider an overview of Islam: what it teaches, its religious history (e. g. the contents of the Qur'an), it's actual history, recent actions, etc.

We are not discussing individual Muslims but rather Islam as a whole.

This is how the scale works: -10 means its the most evil and negative organisation to have existed throughout history, 0 is neutral, and 10 means its the purest and most positive organisation to exist throughout history.

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions
  • -10 (Worst
    Vote A
  • Between -9 and -5
    Vote B
  • Between -4 and -1
    Vote C
  • 0 (Neutral)
    Vote D
  • Between 1 and 4
    Vote E
  • Between 5 and 9
    Vote F
  • 10 (Best)
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Although I have had individuals who I like that come from that religion I would say as a whole historically speaking it's been one of the most slave driving, war mongering, women oppressing religions out there and is on par with Nazism

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Every religion have golden and dark periodes. Sadly the golden were long ago and it have reached a dark age. It was once a center of learning.

1|5
    0|0
  • Islam was a civilazition back in then the Dark Age where Christianity was exteremly fanatical. Now Islam is living its Dark Age and roles have been swapped.

I am someone muslim, but I am an agnostic person. My religion is only in id.

1|4
    0|1
    • During the European "dark ages" Europe was in fact so uncivilised that they beat the Muslim invaders at the battle of Tours, and proceeded to build the a civilization. The fact is that Christianity from the early Middle Ages onwards only slowed the progress in Europe, not halted - just check out the investiture controversy - European people have consistently fought against the oppressive force that is the christian church.

The reason Islam is where it is is because the muslims fully accepted islam, and never strived for secularity. Just saying.

• To be honest every religion has a majority of people who are good and who think good for tge community around them whether it be Christianity, Islam or any other religion.. Its the few bad ones who ruin everything for everyone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Islam like any religion has outdated views on the world and beliefs that should probably several centuries behind.

However, I do admitt it has had POSITIVE influences too. Especially when it first came about, it allowed women to inherit and own property, ended the act of burying your daughter alive and brang the concept of the requiring the womens consent in marriages.

Nowadays, with terrorists and all, i feel the extremists who practice islam are the ones to blame. What isn't seen is how its able to be practiced peacefully by most muslims.

The most positive influence of all is probably the hope it gives people struggling in the middle east. Their religion is honestly all they have.

1|4
    0|0
    • Id give it a 6 or a 7

• Show All
    • I ain't religious , i just have the urge to say this. Terrorist for example Isis is not into Islam. Just like the KKK isn't practicing Christianity... They're a whole different religion which the main focus is violence. by the way. Islam is split into 4/5 different versions i think , each with own rules and teachings

• @Marharaya i mean thatd be cool, not realistic but hella cool

• Throughout history? Probably a 10. Remember the "Islamic Golden Age"?

More recently, just a shitshow.

0|2
    0|0
    • The "islamic golden age" was built on other cultures though. Islam as a religion was not in the least bit instrumental in that. This is like saying that christianity was good, because major scientific breakthroughs were made in chrisitian societies. The truth is that they were made *despite* christianity.

• I don't think that "anybody" can vote for your poll because you asked about Islam rather than Muslims which is the right thing to ask about... But people nowadays (in general) don't know much about Islam, the purpose of it and It's history... They only have an image about Islam based on what they see in the world
    But just like most of the ones who commented here said.. There are always those bad ones who ruin everything and the whole reputation and they're the stronger who are trying to take control nowadays.. Muslims who claim to be Muslims sometimes don't know anything about Islam and they just take it as a tradition or a religion taken for granted since they were born in a Muslim family.
    That's why I believe that the right people to be asked.. "How much do you rate Islam?"are those who are converting into Islam nowadays... Because they're the ones who searched, got convinced and decided to convert.

Islam remains the best though the image nowadays is ruined. 10.

2|2
    0|1
    • I am so glad to see that someone has that knowledge really. I dont even have the courage to look at other comments, its sad how people view Islam.

• Show All
    • @TheNotorious srsly? In my country , you have your own right to choose. So your blamming the whole religion based on your experience? Blame your family for allowing that to happen if you ask me. And by the way , ithk the Qur'an doesn't say anything about killing someone because they left islam... As i recall there's stories of islamic soldiers treating their prisoners with upmost respect and allowiflng them to pray to their beliefs. Read about Saladin n Lionheart and their story.

• @TheNotoeious... I guess that the guy called Saray said everything I wanted to tell you. So I have nothing else to say.

• Between -9 and -5...

0|0
    0|0
  • I give it a solid 4

0|0
    0|0
  • Just here to say Elhamdulillah

Bye.

0|1
    0|0
  • -10 to 10, seriously?

0|0
    0|0
    • What's wrong with that? It's straight forward, reduces the chance of confusion (as negative relates to a negative opinion and positive relates to a positive opinion).

• I have no idea @Abdkilani you are Muslim

0|0
    0|0
  • still doesn't come close to how fucked up catholicism is

1|1
    0|2

What Guys Said 38

• As an ideology, I would rate Islam a 10 because it knows how to spread itself without giving a shit about what others think about it. It uses violence, subversion, subtle tactics and everything needed for it to spread.

Quranic Verses encourage Islamic practices like Taqiya and the Jijya tax to get what they want.

As a religion, I would rate it around 2. A lot of time is wasted into prayers which acts as a basic brainwashing function to keep the devotees in their place. To make them adapt to a routine. They could have instead diversified into the study of the self and the conscious.

As a spiritual and societal crutch, I would rate it an 8 because say what you want about Islam, it is one of the most united communities (atleast in their own sects) in the world. A guy in Palestine can broadcast their views in the UK just because he knows an editor who is also a Muslim willing to help the first guy because they follow the same religion and think of each other as their ummah (like a wolf pack).

As a subversion manual, I would rate it a 9 as their brainwashing techniques are just amazing. If you have studied a bit of psychology and have seen their morning prayers, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's all about preaching and enforcing which they have mastered to the T.

But when it comes to rating it for innovation and freedom? I would rate it a -10 because music is considered Haraam (sin) along with sex before marriage, being friends with a non-muslim, not wearing your hijab (apostasy), marrying a non-muslim man etc.

0|2
    0|0
  • From what I see, all Abrahamic religion is pure evil and disgusting throughout history. Judaism is actually the most peaceful of the three but it created an idea for Christianity and Islam that spread like a plague. Before this everyone was worshiping their own gods. Abrahamic religion creates the idea that to die is glorious. Earth is crappy, so it's ok to ie and go to paradise.

Now Islam and Christianity are just as bad. It only looked evil because of America, UK, and France post ww1. The Muslim extremist group that followed a doctrine from the time of Muhammad took over the middle east and dispel a more modern Islamic ideology. If ottoman and Germany won ww1 then Islam wouldn't be as bad in most people's eyes today.
    The Quran teaches peace and not that much different from the bible to be honest. In fact, Christianity has probably killed more people than Islam. Islam treated Jews and Christians in their territories much nicer for hundreds of years. That's because the Quran recognises the other 2. Whereas Christians kingdoms purge Jews and Muslims alike for a long time.

0|1
    0|0
  • WoW Now the shit-hole from the country that murdered 500,000 peoples based on WMD lies in the Iraq are not going to tell people what's good or bad.
    The religions are fine but the real problem is the terrorist countries like US, Israel and China that thinks its funny to play with them. I can promise you its not gona end well for US and its matter of time before they will exact the revenge.

0|0
    0|1
    • Silly comment. Being from a country doesn't mean that you agree with that country's actions and therefore using that as an indication of that individual's morality is ridiculous

• Show All
    • 7d

DuDe I asked questions too but it doesn't mean you have to reply to everyone, Okay and stay cool !

• 6d

If you don't want a reply then you shouldn't comment on my questions

• Not to be islamaphobic I went with -10. There is a ton of bad shit going on in the world and injustice this very moment in the name of Islam. There are many muslims who supposedly dont support the shit and decry the foul doings yet a majority of them dont lift a finger. Evil only exists when good people do nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I's not the worse, but its ideology in itself is dangerous, as well as the mindstate of many of its followers.

You could argue it's the same for every religion, but the others religions are kept in check, while no one dares to question islam because they're scared to be considered as racist.

0|1
    0|0
  • 0, it's not a bad religion it just it doesn't work with western societies.
    How to improve it.
    No woman has to cover her hair for you.
    Found charity , Muslims against radicals.
    Muslims must accept that religion and culture are different. When you are in another country you act differently based on their culture, you don't try to change it to match your home culture.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted -10 worst this is not due to hating just islam. This is due to hating ALL religions/ beliefs and faiths ! Ask me the same question about christianity and id have to say -20 cause that religion in general has caused more shit in this world than anything else

0|1
    0|0
  • Considering how Christianity and Islam just bastardized Jewish texts (which were also based on lies and propaganda) I'll give it a 0 for giving a billion people pointless things to do during the day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say that it is somewhere at - 7. Yes, I think of Islam as that bad. It is in my opinion worse than Christianity, because it is like Christianity before getting its teeth pulled (in most of the world Christianity is not violent anymore, only in parts of Africa AFAIK.) Islam as a whole actively suppresses knowledge it it contradicts established dogma (that's how the Islamic golden age ended and that's how fundamentalist Muslims still act) and the parts that preach violence are often used by fundamentalists as reason justification. Of course, there also exist perfectly fine interpretations of Islam, but I would wager these don't have as much influence overall, as the violent ones. It is, I think, overall a vast net negative for society and I can only hope that it will be turned harmless sooner than later.

0|1
    0|0
  • At its core it is the codification of 7th Century Arab Culture, which is both misogynistic and EXTREMELY violent. In practice it has often been different. Now? Depends on where you go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Islam appeared like 600 years later than christianity so I guess we gotta wait another 600 years before we hold it to the same standard as christianity.

But as for the rating, I like flying donkeys and deserts so 68/69

0|0
    0|0

Arguably the worst ideology in human history, significantly worse than Nazi / Communist ideology.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can be killed in 13 Islamic majority Nations, because I'm an atheist. I can't think of a worst Religion.

0|1
    0|0
  • -10 the worst religion ever founded.

The countless attempts on spreading their belief upon Europe.
    And not to mention the Arabic slave trade, which was the worst slave trade in the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's over 9000!
    It's THE religion of peace, which it delivers TRUCKloads of.
    (Spare me the: hashtag not all)

0|0
    0|0
    • Doesn't Jesus plan on coming back to unleash violence, pain, suffering and literally hell on Earth? #Peace

• Show All
    • No apostate, no death sentence. Peaceful, I tell you. We only need to submit and not question anything. Look at the beautiful peace in the middle east and admire the power of love!

• I would say that in some ways it was helpful in early history. However we would have to devide culture from religion and rule out race.

You have to understand that early in some of the Islamic cultures/nations were more advanced both socially and technologically.

However this advancement was not to last. They now tend to be extremely backward nations and cultures.

As for the religion, early Christianity was brutal. Lets not forget the crusades.

I would view it as a declining scale, say an 8 in the old world, to a -8 present day.

I'll probably get flamed hard for this but anyone who doesn't actively oppose others in their same religion who commit thighing, terrorism, FGM is not ok.

From time to time christian cults start up, however they are quickly denounced by the religion as a whole. The government won't protect them. They aren't aided by sympathizers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty fucking high tbh. But to generalize all muslims like that is a bit unfair, still, doesn't stop the fact that jihads happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rate it about 1 and 4. Not only Islam but every other religion were founded during a time (7th centuary for Islam) which society and culture were vastly different. People had different set of thoughts and perspective on what was right and wrong and Qur'an was written based on them. And now fast forwarding 1400 years everything has drastically changed.

The religion itself isn't the main problem but the people are. I do know that the religion is very outdated and obsolete but the radical Muslims are the ones who aren't letting go of them. As an example, hatred against homosexuality, same sex relationship and western society in general.

Point being that Muslims ( mostly radical ones) need to have a more open mind and stop being religion's sheep in every single way and have a world view of their own and have tolerance of others who are different from them while practicing their religion. This is not 7th century anymore people, It's 21st CENTURY.

0|0
    0|0
  • The teachings of Islam are a perfect 10/10.
    (It's amazing what mass-murder will do for your reputation)

0|0
    0|1
  • It is better to know about islam before rating. How can any one rate about a thing he doesn't know about that?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes