'Climate change is _______.' Fill in the blank?

• I beleive climate change is real and that it is largely the result of man AND that it will be catastrophic if we do nothing about it
  • I beleive climate change is real but mankind has little to do with it and is also not as bad as people make it
  • Climate change is a hoax through and through
    Vote C
  • Other (please say)
    Vote D

829

Most Helpful Girl

• Climate change is real and the polar bears are dying

• the polar bear thing is false thefederalist.com/.../

• @SirRexington yet mediabias/factcheck lists them as high in factual reporting and noted only one instance of them making an outright false claim https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

• It says that they are "on thin ice". And It mentioned that politically, they have had inaccurate sources. That's not to say we should not read it, merely in my experiences we should not trust that site. But there are certainly worse sites out there.

Most Helpful Guys

• Global warming is real but it's not the bullshit that democrats and liberals believe.

Global Warming/Cooling is natural and has been going on for millions of years what it is, is a system that ensures the survival of the ecosystem. And further more it's been happening long before humanity was ever able to impact the environment in anyway.

There are periods that are around 300-600 years each period is either cold or warm.

Cold periods exist to give colder climates a chance to expand and rebuild and give species that thrive in the cold a chance to repopulate.

It does this so that when the global cooling stops and global warming starts that all of the species and ecosystems that can only thrive in the cold don't get instantly wiped out and go extinct. But rather can actually survive the warming period and then once the global cooling starts they can replenish their numbers and envioronements.

Likewise the species and environments that depend on warm repopulate and spread during the warming period so that they can survive the cold period.

This back and forth ensures that species and ecosystems don't go extinct and get wiped out and have periods where they can freely spread and repopulate their numbers.

On top of this there is actual evidence both historical and scientific that supports this.

During one of the cold periods the lakes froze over so much in Europe that villages actually built entire bazaars and marketplaces on top of the ice because it was so thick and strong. And the how long this cooling period happened fell right in line with what scientists found about these periods.

Also the climate literally changes every second of everyday climate change is a joke because the climate is literally always changing it always has and always will.

• You are implying that what's happening in nature is the will of someone "Cold periods exist to...".

There is literally zero science supporting that.

• Like it says, opinion.
      We were told that by this date, the polar ice caps would be gone and Flordia and most of the low lying areas would be under water this was back around the mid 90's. So what happened? Someone got a Nobel for false info.

• @OldDad You were told by politicians like Al Gore. Not scientists. Try again.

• There seems to be about a degree of warming, but we don't know where climate change will go. I studied meteorology and there was no doctrine that global warming was happening by my observation. They just talked about the scientific principles. But back to not knowing what is happening for sure, C02 may hit a large diminishing effect on warming at a certain saturation level. I'm not saying we won't keep warming, but the way this story is reported is more political than scientific. They seem to believe that warming will happen indefinitely.

• Do you think it will be as catastrophic as people say?

• @goaded

I hope to do philanthropy at some point in life, and, actually, animal habitat preservation is my biggest visceral passion. I don't want animals to go extinct. I was just being honest when looking at what I think the effects of global warming will be. A much bigger issue happening that's rarely talked about is their habitat loss.

Regarding el nino, and weather change in general, there's more moisture in some areas and less in others. So there's winners and losers. The media focuses on the extreme losers. They never cover the country that got lots of beneficial rain they normally wouldn't when not in el nino.

People tend to not like change. Whatever is current, they want. I see lots of clients and I'll often ask if they'd like the air conditioner on if it isn't and if they'd like it off if it's on. 90% of the time they want whatever the current setting to stay the same. I could have easily flipped that setting, and the same 90% would still pick to keep the new setting.

• When the status quo is a world that can support 7 billion people and may well be able to support the expected peak population of 11 billion, that's not a bad one to try to keep, in my opinion.