Should women breastfeed in public?

94141

Most Helpful Girls

• No one dares to sit down and tell you about having morning sickness for weeks, unable to keep any food down, the hot and cold flashes, the emotional wreck of mood swings, the painful feeling to have your child kick up against your rib cage, the uncomfortable feeling of pressure upon your internal organs when the baby is moving.
    I whole hearty believe that they deserve to do so after the nine months of pain and discomfort, then having to sit for HOURS in labor for delivery. Yes, women should be able to breastfeed their children in public. I don't understand why it feels like the woman should feel ashamed by covering herself to simply please the uncomfortable eyes of society. Well, reality check, society, you were not complaining about it when you were an infant once. Men, Women, if you are uncomfortable with it, then simply don't look. It's a crying shame that society has programmed us to think in a negative, shameful way towards those women who have done more than enough to EARN the kind of respect they deserve. Same respect for the husbands who help support their wife when bedridden with their child! Heaven forbid if men start to try and breastfed their own children (which men can actually breastfed with some training first). The media would have the Fall of Rome all over again...

• Everytime I have watched a video of a woman being shamed for breastfeeding, it was another woman shaming her. Men give SO few fucks about the whacky stuff they see in public, I'm not denying it, but I have yet to see evidence that men are the ones shaming women for breastfeeding.

• @BrianMerritt um read the comments above

• @BrianMerritt Really? Did you read any of the guys comments here? If men don't shame women for breastfeeding in real life, some sure like to do it online. Not only on this question, either. Go look up the male answers on all the other thousand breastfeeding questions.

• NO!! The only thing wrong with it are the crazies that think there is something wrong with it.
    Out of thousands of years of humans on the planet, it is only the last 100 or so that this has been made a bad thing out of by a few religious nuts!
    THERE i SAID IT!

Most Helpful Guys

• Women should be able to breastfeed in public but a woman with class will find a way to do it discreetly rather than doing it in a way that draws attention to herself.

• My sister-in-law was always afraid to feed in public until she got one of those nursing bra and shirt combos that has a small cover built in (and it just looks like part of the blouse), and makes it look like you're just holding your baby.

• Totally agree with you my aunties wear kameez and even though I am a lady many times I can't tell whether they are breastfeeding or just holding the baby. They have brains and class. A lady should at least have a scarf it is not that difficult. It is called courtesy and consideration for others. Respect has to come from both sides

• It's a natural thing for all women to breastfeed their child. Who are you to say that they should deprive their baby of their only source of food because it makes you uncomfortable? That's sickening. She went through everything in birth to have that child and because she's breast feeding her baby in public, it makes people feel attacked or offended. That is seriously ridiculous. It's not like she's flopping her tit all over the place saying look at my tit! No, she's doing the one thing that she needs to do in order for that child not to starve and get its proper nutrition. The fact that people have a problem with women breast feeding their baby in public is offensive in of itself.