What are your thoughts on 'Healthline' stating that we should use the the term "front-hole" as "vagina" excludes trans and non-binary individuals?

Personally, I think this is utter madness. I haven't found a solid source for this information so it could be satirical but it's hard to tell these days.

What are your thoughts? Should we start referring to a vagina as a front hole?

Quote from Healthline
Quote from Healthline

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions

http://caldronpool.com/healthline-says-using-the-medical-term-vagina-is-not-gender-inclusive-language-uses-front-hole-instead/

1733

Most Helpful Girls

• I appreciate why a transman may want to refer to his own genitalia that way, but the medical term is still vagina.

• A transman has a vagina. They can kick and scream all they want. It's still a vagina, calling it a "front-hole" won't change anything.

• @ronaldo75 It changes one thing that really matters to a transperson - their feelings about themselves, and I am cool with that if that is how they choose to talk about themselves. It doesn't hurt me. People have all kinds of slang terms for various parts of the body. I just don't want to use slang in a medical setting.

• I googled it myself because I no longer trust anyone with "trusted information sourcing anymore." From Healthline themselves:

www.healthline.com/.../response

• Yeah I thought it sounded a bit sketchy. Looks like they released that after I asked my question

• Im not "up in arms" about it. It popped up while I was searching for something else and so I thought it would make an interesting question.
      I also don't want to believe its true which is why I said it might not be in the question itself. Chill, brother! No harm no foul!

• Heh, fair enough. :)

Most Helpful Guys

• PC mentality is absolutely out of control amongst the liberal's self-appointed illuminati!

"Oh, baby, I need you to pound my front hole!"
    "Stop acting like such a front hole!"

It just isn't right!

• Reminds me of a U. K. interview of a comedian on Americans seemingly not understanding English, hence their apparent dumbing-down of the language [Ex.: 「pavement」 → 「sidewalk」(Did they not know were to walk?),「glasses」 → 「eyeglasses」(So, they needed to clarify where to put them, then?), or 「bin」→ 「garbage can」(What the heck were they throwing to need the clarification‽)].

And now, the medical term「vagina」→ 「front hole」…

If this continues, English (esp. the U. S. variety) may be perceived as the language of the intellectually-deficient.

• Correction: "…or「bin」→ 「trashcan」"

• True.

In Rhetoric class, we were taught that, when debating, if you control the used terms (and their definitions), you already control the debate. (So, is spanking/smacking child-abuse or discipline?)

Also, word choice reflects the speaker's perspective. (U. S. Civil War, War between States, or War of Northern Aggression?)

What also fascinates me is that it also reflected in languages' vocabulary. For example, 「foreigner」in Mandarin, Korean, and Japanese is 外國人 (Man.: "wai-guo-ren", Kor.: "oe-gug-in", Jap.: "gai-koku-jin"; literally 「outside-country-person」). Non-coincidentally, past common courtesy, immigration laws and cultural practices in these countries are known to sometimes treat foreigners accordingly, as outsiders (esp. Japan). In Tagalog, we use ᜇᜌᜓᜑᜈ᜔ ("dayuhan"; also means「visitor」 or 「guest」). We are known for hospitably bending over backwards to for our foreign guest… even to the point of abuse by malevolent ones. It's the power of words and their shades of meaning.

• Linguistics is fascinating.