What are your thoughts on 'Healthline' stating that we should use the the term "front-hole" as "vagina" excludes trans and non-binary individuals?

Personally, I think this is utter madness. I haven't found a solid source for this information so it could be satirical but it's hard to tell these days.

What are your thoughts? Should we start referring to a vagina as a front hole?

Quote from Healthline
Quote from Healthline

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions

http://caldronpool.com/healthline-says-using-the-medical-term-vagina-is-not-gender-inclusive-language-uses-front-hole-instead/

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I appreciate why a transman may want to refer to his own genitalia that way, but the medical term is still vagina.

8|2
    1|0
    • A transman has a vagina. They can kick and scream all they want. It's still a vagina, calling it a "front-hole" won't change anything.

• @ronaldo75 It changes one thing that really matters to a transperson - their feelings about themselves, and I am cool with that if that is how they choose to talk about themselves. It doesn't hurt me. People have all kinds of slang terms for various parts of the body. I just don't want to use slang in a medical setting.

• I googled it myself because I no longer trust anyone with "trusted information sourcing anymore." From Healthline themselves:

www.healthline.com/.../response

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I thought it sounded a bit sketchy. Looks like they released that after I asked my question

• Show All
    • Im not "up in arms" about it. It popped up while I was searching for something else and so I thought it would make an interesting question.
      I also don't want to believe its true which is why I said it might not be in the question itself. Chill, brother! No harm no foul!

• Heh, fair enough. :)

Most Helpful Guys

• PC mentality is absolutely out of control amongst the liberal's self-appointed illuminati!

"Oh, baby, I need you to pound my front hole!"
    "Stop acting like such a front hole!"

It just isn't right!

1|2
    0|0
  • Reminds me of a U. K. interview of a comedian on Americans seemingly not understanding English, hence their apparent dumbing-down of the language [Ex.: 「pavement」 → 「sidewalk」(Did they not know were to walk?),「glasses」 → 「eyeglasses」(So, they needed to clarify where to put them, then?), or 「bin」→ 「garbage can」(What the heck were they throwing to need the clarification‽)].

And now, the medical term「vagina」→ 「front hole」…

If this continues, English (esp. the U. S. variety) may be perceived as the language of the intellectually-deficient.

0|1
    0|0
    • Correction: "…or「bin」→ 「trashcan」"

• Show All
    • True.

In Rhetoric class, we were taught that, when debating, if you control the used terms (and their definitions), you already control the debate. (So, is spanking/smacking child-abuse or discipline?)

Also, word choice reflects the speaker's perspective. (U. S. Civil War, War between States, or War of Northern Aggression?)

What also fascinates me is that it also reflected in languages' vocabulary. For example, 「foreigner」in Mandarin, Korean, and Japanese is 外國人 (Man.: "wai-guo-ren", Kor.: "oe-gug-in", Jap.: "gai-koku-jin"; literally 「outside-country-person」). Non-coincidentally, past common courtesy, immigration laws and cultural practices in these countries are known to sometimes treat foreigners accordingly, as outsiders (esp. Japan). In Tagalog, we use ᜇᜌᜓᜑᜈ᜔ ("dayuhan"; also means「visitor」 or 「guest」). We are known for hospitably bending over backwards to for our foreign guest… even to the point of abuse by malevolent ones. It's the power of words and their shades of meaning.

• Linguistics is fascinating.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Sounds like satire and/or an out of context joke/exaggeration.

This wouldn't even solve the supposed issue - because as a transgirl the only 'front hole' I have is my mouth.
    Transgirls don't deny that vaginas exist. *eyeroll*

4|3
    0|1
    • This is 100% real. Healthline is a legit Medical Publication. SJWs are losing their minds

• @CountessSarah, though for some reason they depict a transfemale, I think this is mostly a term that transmen use.

I know some MSMs (men who have sex with men) and transfemales who have not had bottom surgery who refer to their rectum as their vagina or pussy. It certainly doesn't hurt me at all that they do that. But I am sure their healthcare providers call it a rectum.

• No. A vagina is the inside part of the female genital. Its called p#ssy. Or vulva (the exterior part) and My p#ssy has 4 wholes. The vagina , 2 bartholin glands and one urethra. Its insulting to recall genitals just because today they accept mental illness instead of locking them until they are normal. I'm disgusted , we were already facing with schizophrenics being free and crazy people. Now we have to deal with stupid people who can't accept their own body.

3|2
    0|0
  • If this ain't proof that trans people have a mental disorder, I don't know what is

0|6
    2|0
    • I always said they need rehab not school systems distorting out kids and environment to make them feel welcomed. Where does it stop?

• Ummm no we should refer to it as a vagina cause that’s what it is. Either you have one or you don’t.

5|2
    0|0
  • Not everyone has a front hole and the ones that do just need to embrace it and love themselves. I understand the need for inclusion but a vagina is a vagina no matter what gender you identify as. I'm sure they see a gynecologist and those people are vagina doctors, not front hole doctors.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a female with a vagina: dear god and for the love of everything pure and good on this earth do not ever refer to it as a “front hole”!!! If the LGTBQIA (this name is becoming excessively difficult as well) has issues with vagina (which is the medical term for a female genitalia) then they can have their own specifically for them and they may refer to their genitalia as a front hole but to those who are female and identify as female, we would prefer to keep it as a vagina... thank you... vent over!

0|3
    0|0
  • No. I don't want my vagina to be called front hole.

0|3
    0|0
  • But isn't a medical term? I get why trans men find the word uncomfortable but i don't think changing it is that important.

0|1
    0|0
  • In polite conversation you just don't bring that stuff up. Problem solved.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stupid. So, so stupid.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell nah xD

1|2
    0|0
  • This is nuts...

1|1
    0|0
  • Um no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Here is why there is no need to fret over this trans genital topic:

1) The doctors don’t ask “does your vagina or penis hurt” to any patient. It’s the patient that tells the doctor which parts hurt, using the term of their choice... and the doctor remains extremely appropriate and professional, never making any assumptions or using terminology that’s unprofessional.
    2) there doesn’t need to be more reasons because the other reasons of why we should are irrelevant to everyone... because :
    A) we don’t need to be talking about someone’s “unmentionables”... It’s undeniably ridiculous and only useful to be considerate of someone else’s genitals IF you know them WELL ENOUGH to start even talking about their genitals in the first place...

1|1
    0|0
    • Problem solved.

• Many of your posts appear to be geared toward the LGBT community. How does the terminology of choice used by a minority population affect you? I prefer to use medical terminology, but if someone out there felt more comfortable with saying “front-hole” then so be it. I may have to ask them to verify which hole they are referring to for clarity’s sake but it won’t make or break my day in any way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like maybe 3 of my questions ever on this site are LGBT related. I often ask questions based on the news article I read.
      What difference does it make if I ask a question about it? You make the assumption that I'm not gay, bi, trans, etc... but people are allowed to discuss issues that don't directly affect them. If you have a problem with that id happily discuss it

What Guys Said 31

• Biggest issue I have with the term "front-hole" is that it defines neither function nor region. A "front-hole" is simply a "hole" in the "frontal" region of a person or thing.

Do both men and women have front-holes? Isn't the penis just a tube with a front-hole at the end? Is the mouth a front-hole? These are questions that absolutely must be answered if this terminology is to be given even the slightest inkling of credibility and I have a strong suspicion it is deliberately vague. Because it is inherently devoid of meaning beyond its surface-level definition, it is pliable--which makes it's use in medical seem to imply that the only difference between the sexes if one's perception of gender. Again, not saying this is actually the motivation behind the intent, but it is a big red flag.

If you go to the doctor's office and they ask "does your front-hole hurt", this question applies equally to both men and women, and it only serves to create confusion. Vagina and penis are universally-understood to have very specific, unchanging meanings, and if you're in medicine, it is imperative that everyone knows what part of the body you're referring to. We already know that "non-binary" or a person who doesn't identify as a man or a woman is a thing, so this would be the next step in completely eliminating the lines between the two.

The conspiracy theorist in me questions how far this goes. This whole "removing allusions to female or male anatomy" sets a dangerous precedent, that trying to define biology will be considered "violence" or Nazi-ism, as just the act of asking about specifics will be tantamount to challenging a political narrative. We've already seen this happen with Count Dankula, who went to court and was subsequently jailed because context in jokes doesn't matter. Who's to say that biology isn't the next "offense-taking" frontier? A slippery-slope fallacy to be sure... or it would be, if this line of reasoning weren't already so easy to come by in other walks of life.

1|2
    0|0
  • What I think is that we are a society in deep trouble when we start celebrating freak diversions from the 200,000 year biological reality of modern man that recognizes only two genders and relies on that reality for procreation of our species.

2|3
    0|0
  • It's idiotic. "Vagina" is a medical term. Calling it a "front hole" reminds me of how little children who don't know how to tell the time will just state which handle is at which number (For 4:30 the shirt handle is on 4 and the long handle is on 6.) It's cute when you're 5, but not so much when you're an adult.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not completely accurate, but even the truth is a step into lunacy.

www.healthline.com/.../response

0|2
    0|0
    • It's lunacy to call something that's not a vagina a vagina just because it's a hole? in the front? As opposed to the one in the back?

Would you rather trans people call it a vagina even though it isn't?

• Are the going to refer to appendage rather than penis so as not to offend the other 25 genders?
    TBH if i were calling a medical helpline l wouldn't care what they called it, i'd just want good medical advice. We already see medical personel using back passsage rather than rectum etc, no difference really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha!
    Nopey. I'm good.
    I'm with Jordan Peterson on this fundamental issue: nobody has the right to tell me which words I choose. Don't like my words? Bye, Felicia.

1|2
    0|0
  • It may be satire, but don't doubt for a minute that there are lots of kooks out there who believe this and think this is a VERY pressing issue for "INCLUSIVITY" and "SOCIAL JUSTICE."

0|2
    0|0
  • My mouth is a front hole. Vagina is nice and specific.
    I mean, you can carve whatever kind of hole you want, doesn't make it a vagina.

0|2
    0|0
  • As I'm not part of the trans or queer communities nor wish it I'll chose to just call it a vagina as normal

0|2
    0|0
  • "healthline" are nobodies.
    This term won't be used one way or another, since they are the only ones saying it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Remember: "demon" is an offensive term to demons. Use "mortally challenged" instead.

2|0
    0|0
  • Front hole sounds like something you would tell a child if they asked you what their genitals are called

2|1
    0|0
  • We already use front hole as slang for mouth here so try again.
    It's like the asexual thing all over again.

0|1
    0|0
  • The person who came up with this was obviously thinking with their back-hole.

2|1
    0|0
  • "Healthline" can get bent.
    This is a prime example why transgenderism should be illegal.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm gonna fuck my girlfriend right in the front hole.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is your source caldronpool. com, not healthline? Are healthline unaware that they are saying this?

0|0
    0|0
  • 😨 Front hole sounds gross I'll stick to saying pussy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no!!! Hahahaha that sounds like child talk. Too damn funny. But now I think I'm going to do it just because

0|0
    0|0
  • It's oversimplified and will get confused with other things. Does this need to be an issue?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes