Do you think soldiers who cry are weak or just human?

Do you think soldiers who cry are weak or just human?
  • Weak
    Vote A
  • Human
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
meant to add "other" to poll.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Soldiers have more reason than anyone to cry. If I could, I'd take in a big bear hug and get em to let it all out. It can't be easy being a soldier.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think there are a lot of things one will see and do in a combat zone that can be extreme.

Different people are going to handle it differently. You maintain your bearing, and carry on. When you get to the rear you deal with it there. Keep focused until then.

I think it’s human and I think it’s something best done in privet and kept to ones self.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Plus, being able to cry helps them release very stressful feelings. War is one of the hardest of human experiences.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on the circumstances. Is he crying over a fallen brother or missing people back home... that’s just being human. If he’s crying because he can’t hang with the big dogs, then yes he’s weak. He knew what he was getting himself into.

0|0
    0|0
  • He should cry if not then he's just a cold rock. Emotional crippled.

0|0
    0|0
  • Human? It makes them lizard people obviously

0|0
    0|1
  • one's the result of the other

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally human, it's normal to cry sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Human of course

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Human. Many people seem to think that PTSD is a modern phenomena, but we know that it goes back centuries at least just with different terms. Shell-shocked used to be one for example.

0|0
    0|0
  • Politically correct answer: just human

Politically incorrect answer: some are weak and some are human

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on what they are crying about but by in large i'd say they are just human

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't judge someone when they are in a situation that you can't even imagine while sitting at home nice and safe. There are too many arm chair quarterback who think they know how a soldier in combat is supposed to feel and act.

Who is more weak, a soldier who cries about the horrific things that you can't even imagine, but gets up the next day and does his job? Or someone sitting at home nice and safe?

Seriously wtf. Weak? You gotta be kidding.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all I have a ton of respect for solders and feel grateful for so many who sacrificed to provide the freedoms I enjoy today. If they shed a tear no judgement there, probably did it for many reasons. No I don't think weakness is one of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Human you have to remember soldiers are neighbors are brother are sister are dad's and uncles and are protectors but they are human like us and only a complete psychopath can watch some one die and not feel at least a little bad and I would like to point out in the Iraq/Afghanistan war we lost more soldiers to suicide then from combat

0|0
    0|0
  • When soldiers (aka the real men) cry, imagine what kind of a catastrophic situation must have they been through?
    I'm sure most ordinary people would mentally break after being in such a situation so they just vent their sorrow through tears
    Unlike some girls who cry apparently for no reason and then berate their man for being a wimp for doing the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • what do you mean... tears are build up of chemicals that need to be released... they get released in the forms of tears and then you feel something from the release of it...

its just how the Body works...

0|0
    0|0
  • Human. I mean a soldier kill people. That's probably hard on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted it weak... but i did cry when i saw one of our officers dead

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes