Do you think white women age quicker?

And I'm not throwing shade it's an honest question lol. Because I'm 34 and people in real life tell me I look younger and yes I'm a black woman. I remember going to get a facial done at this place and most of the women there were white and there to get Botox, fillers etc. It's very rare for black women to get work done on their faces, my mother is 56 and still looks 43 in the face.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Black don't crack

4|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Well... white people tend to look their age 👀
    People of color usually appear younger. Some races of people have it better than others.
    And I can definitely say from just my personal observation that black people age very nicely. I seen a black woman who I genuinely thought was in her late twenties, and she was actually 52.
    Maybe black peoples have more youthful genes?
    It could also be the melanin... the more melanin you have the more your skin will absorb the rays from the sun. But it takes those properties to enrich the skin instead of destroying it.
    That’s why white people have a higher risk of skin cancer.

4|0
    0|1
  • Well duh. It’s scientifically proven that they age faster. 🤷🏽‍♀️ They don’t have any melanin in their skin to protect them from the suns harmful rays so it just shrivels them up like raisins. Not trying to throw shade either. It’s just true.

5|0
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• white people or really it should be said; people with less melanin in their skin who expose it to the sun a lot will experience sun damage quicker (so aging, wrinkling, etc)

0|1
    0|0
  • No. They don't. The general consensus about how people age (if we are talking skin.) Is that all woman age gradually but retain a certain structure of youth even when they become elderly. Where as men don't appear to age until they hit 40, and when they do their age is very rapid and harsh.

0|1
    2|0
  • Age as in looks yes a lot of white people look older than black people. Obviously it’s because of the extra melanin they have. Women like Jane Seymour who is white never ages. For some people it just depends on genetics and how they treat their body.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Has nothing to do with race"
    Well in this case it would, black women get the perks of melanin to help block UV rays and prevent the breakdown of skin collogen. As opposed to white women who like to tan...

2|1
    0|1
  • Light skinned people are more vulnerable to the sun. Wear sunscreen every day.

Addicts (including tobacco) and obese people age the fastest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Race has nothing to do with it. It depends on how well you treat your body. You treat you body well and your live longer. You treat it like crap and it will either away. You don't keep something alive by forgetting it.

0|0
    2|0
  • I dont think its on the race just more of how you treat your body during your life, weither you sleep how you are suppose to or clean/moisturize your skin, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • It does seem to me, in general, that white people show age more so, than do black people.

1|0
    0|1
  • In general yes, but it's not as crazy as some say. You just see the signs of aging faster in lighter skin

0|0
    0|1
  • It's all that damn tanning they do! They favor the present and regret the future as they age!

0|0
    0|0
  • no each person ages different some white women do some dont
    other races have the same issue too

0|0
    0|0
  • Smoking, poor diet, and excessive alcohol will age you more quickly than your race.

1|0
    0|1
  • It depends on life style choices. I don't think women of any ethnicity age quicker than the other.

0|1
    1|0
  • I have a much harder time guessing the ages of black or Asian women

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in high school, a white girl kissed me on the cheek and wished me a happy birthday. It felt like two pieces of baloney.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not that white women age quicker but black women aging isn't seen good in dark.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its more, druggys, drinkers, smokers and fast food eaters age quicker

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope, White women often look wayy more younger when they are old

0|0
    2|0
  • That's depends how much care of your skin and maybe black have propriety with Melanin

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• yes. just look up older white celebrities and black celebrities, its all the same. even with a bunch of money for creams and dermatologists, some white people just looke their age while most black celebrities look great in comparison

2|0
    1|0
  • I don’t know. My grandma is 80 and she has maybe a few wrinkles around the eyes. That’s it.
    She’s full blooded Greek though, and swears it’s olive oil that keeps wrinkles and cellulite away. My mum however is wrinkles galore. She smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day and drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has to do with genetics, healthcare, diet, skin thickness... Many variables, not only skin color.

The main difference related to skin color I can think of is melanin. Due to higher levels of melanin black skin is more protected against sun rays. A white skin have more probabilities to suffer damage when exposed to sun. White people who sunbathe too much usually get wrinkles sooner and look older than they are.

But, if they take good care of themselves (avoiding to much exposition to sun, drinking enaugh water, having a good diet, etc.) they can age good without getting botox or those shits.

2|0
    0|1
  • Well granny is 72 and doesn't have even white hair... So I don't think it's about the colour of the skin, it's more like individual

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally have seen many appear older than their age, and I feel like climate🌞plays a role on why that may happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • They definitely can, yes. Melanin does protect you from the sun, and few white people are assed to protect their skin.

1|0
    0|1
  • I notice that in women who spend to much time in the sun some look like old leather. I spend a hour a day in the sun in the summer and I use suntan lotion. I do spa’s it mudbath facials , mani pedis but that just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I dont think so. Looking younger for longer depends more on your lifestyle, diet and stress in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more of a skincare than a race thing. The reason why most white people age quicker is because they go suntan for ages without proper protection, when their skin is actually the most vulnerable to UV damage as it contains the least melanin and thus needs most protection. I see it on my friends all the time. They go out into the bright sun with SPF15 at best, when white people should actually be wearing SPF30-50 and NOT JUST IN SUMMER. My mother is 60 and people think she's 45 and she's Ashkenazi Jewish/Caucasian but she's been taking proper care of her skin & eating a healthy diet all her life.

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't look my age and probably never will. I have the baby face from my dad. He is 50 and looks 35. Even Doctors said his bones look like a 35 years old. We are both White

0|0
    0|0
  • Black woman seem to age the best in my opinion.
    white and Asian don't seem to age as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on how much they’ve moisturized their skin in their lifetime lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Aging is just more noticeable in lighter skin compared to darker skin, that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just depends on genetics and skin care. Not a race thing.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah They do

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably stress and not enough sunscreen

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes