Should women be picky and have high standards too?

I think so. I'm not a feminist but everything seems to be about how to keep a man happy and attracted etc. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't a man stay on top of his fitness, hygiene, fashion etc and keep me sexually pleased assuming he has a big dick? Lol. For example I only date handsome black men who are athletic with abs and well endowed.. and I get judged for this (which honestly I don't give a fuck) double standards much? Some men prefer blondes, thin etc which I can give two fucks about because it's their preference and I have MY preference. The point is many men (often the broke, flawed, fat and weirdos) have high unrealistic expectations and standards with women. And they seem entitled and I don't agree with it. Kinda reminds me of white men who feels entitled to dating non white women because they're the majority.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You like what you like, ain’t nothing wrong with that.

1|2
    0|0
  • I say they have to be picky. Women deserve good guys that love them, not abusive assholes.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My standards are high which I guess is why I haven’t dated in a while. Which is good because I dodge the shitty guys.

2|3
    0|0
  • People should be entitled to having their own opinions without people giving a fuck but nowadays it’s impossible🙌🏽

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• everyone should be picky and everyone should have high standards within reason

2|0
    0|0
  • On the contrary. Where im from and from what i see is mostly about the woman, not the man. Its not wrong to be picky though. I just dont have very high standards. If a girl looks decent, isn't overweight, can make me laugh and is nice to be around, she is a potential date , to me at least.

1|5
    0|0
  • Because they are not picky at all, right? You say this after a recent tinder scam of an ugly six that scammed thousands of men and made them humiliate themselves and compete with each other for an average ugly chick and after she found "the one" she still said there was no chemistry. This is the mindset and behaviour of the average woman in the West today. You only want the best while you have little to offer and still are not satisfied.

1|5
    0|0
  • LMAO too funny... still going with that tired lie that men are the picky ones.

The ugliest 300lb woman will reject dozens of average men in a month (saying she won't settle for a guy who is 20lbs overweight) and still cry about how shallow men are.

0|5
    0|0
  • Women are naturally picky and have higher standards because they can afford to do so earlier in their life. I don't think it's wrong to expect things, or want better, but it isn't double standards. You're basing it on what you know and not the unknown. Also there's some projecting. To each their own though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most women aren't willing to settle for a guy under six foot tall. Those make less than 20% of the US male population. Wouldn't you call that high standards?

0|6
    0|0
  • in most western cultures, women are the "keeper of the keys" when it comes to relationships. it's completely up to them who/when/why/where. any gal that doesn't think she has control needs to rethink their situation.

0|2
    0|1
  • No. Women lust with their heart; that is, they prefer to have an ugly guy with a great personality over a hot guy with an “okay” personality.

Men, on the other hand, lust with our genitals (and later with our hearts). We need a woman who looks good. Almost every guy I know won’t get attracted to a girl who doesn’t look good EVEN if her personality is golden.

Women love to give sexually. Men love to give materialistically. And both love to give and receive affection too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women ARE picky and have high standards, too. In addition to caring way more about things like how financially stable the guy is.

1|3
    0|0
  • Well, you begin your post with saying you aren't a feminist, and then you remark on your preference being your choice (which I agree with). If I as a white man wanted an Asian woman (not because of race specifically, though I will say that I prefer white and/or asian) I would say that that is perfectly fine. Moreover, in most places white people are a minority (like in my country, South Africa). I would say that BOTH PARTIES must keep eachother happy. Hope this helps

1|0
    0|0
  • you may not be a feminist, but you're the product of it. assuming this isn't a joke post, your post is all about you. you might aswell have said you want a servant. and if thats you in thr profile pic, yea ok you look nice. but if this is your idea of a relationship, no man would ever put up with that, even if he is everything you want. here's me judging you: entitled

0|1
    1|0
  • Ummm yes... anyone that thinks a tubby man has an equal chance as a male model is retarded. Lol whoever you think does not abide to this double standard is ill informed or just dumb.

0|1
    0|0
  • According to statistics women are pickier than men (which is probably why you see a lot of how to keep him tips, half the women are dating guys with better options)

0|4
    0|0
  • No, it should not be the other way around, it should be BOTH WAYS.

Both partners should be invested in making the other one happy and attracted. Dont ever take anything for granted.

1|1
    0|0
  • Extremely picky people rarely feel happy in their lives and usually make lots of haters. Why not be a little flexible?

0|3
    0|0
    • They make lots of negative energy around themselves and even if they say that they don't give a fuck, they are affected by this negative energy.

• Men do put in effort to keeping women around but typically it is putting up with their emotional drama and supporting their lifestyle. Most men I know typically do stay on top of their fitness and hygeine, though fashion is definitely much less of a concern. So do you financially support your trophy boyfriends or are you just expecting everything most women do and expecting attractive and well endowed as well? Do you plan to keep any of these men for long term relationship or just casual flings? Because men who are your type and financially stable good men are going to be few, and they will have their pick from the majority of women on who they want to marry, if they so desire. What makes you stand out from other women to deserve a man like that?

0|1
    0|0
    • I won't lie though, there are men who also have unrealistic expectations.

That said, everyone should have whatever standards they want, but if your standards result in you being alone then that's on you. No one should be with someone they don't care about or don't want to be with, but if you are only willing to date 5% of all men then you will be hard pressed to find such a man who feels the same about you due to statistics. If you were my friend I might personally suggest you evaluate your standards and think about what is really important to you, but in the end your love life is yours alone.

• To clarify, when I said I might suggest you evaluate your standards, I didn't necessarily mean you. If all you care about in a partner is attractive well endowed black men then have fun. If however you date attractive well endowed men and then you complain that you don't have a good man to take care of you, then I think you might need to reavaluate.

• No it shouldn’t be the other way around, but it obviously is that way already.

Several of the opinions you’ve demonstrated are not reflective of reality...

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything is about keeping a man happy?
    Ehm back in the 1950s sure...
    Now? No not at all

0|3
    0|0
  • From what I have seen, women are already picky. Everyone should be reasonably picky in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Nobody is saying you have a limit on how high your standards can be because you're a female. If dudes can do it, girls should too in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because you're responsible for which you decide to be with which means you will be choosing what you will be going through once you pick. choose the best

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because girls can set the bar as high as they want and get what they want. Guys don't. Picky guys end up alone, while picky women end up rewarded like you.

0|1
    0|0
  • What the fuck? Women are so fucking picky and there are just as many double standards for men as there are for women

0|1
    0|0
  • women are already picky , you live under a rock or what miss feminist

0|2
    0|0
  • Women are already picky and already have high standards. Far more picky than men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women are picky even in the animal kingdom.
    Men could poke anything that moves.

0|2
    0|1
  • You already are picky. No women would date a guy that would not provide to her, or has a body type they don't enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it works both ways, not all people have the same values assets/traits they want.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hey! Girls have standards. Gosh. That's pretty judgmental.

0|1
    0|0
  • Woman are already so picky, their standards are much higher than men's

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• I can kinda see the point you are trying to make, but just realize that it’s not just men. Women may also have unrealistically high expectations. I think people in general tend to lose sight of what is important in life and focus instead on prospective partners’ height, weight, etc. instead of how compatible they are or how that person makes them feel.

2|7
    0|0
  • Definitely. We shouldn’t be settling for the first the best idiot who promises us the world and is actually just a player who tells the same story to every girl time and time again. We are human beings too. We are not less valuable than men :)

2|0
    0|4
  • Having a dad & 2 older brothers in the military, I was raised to have high standards. I'm glad. I also earned numerous accolades through my entire schooling and at work too. I guess that made me also earn the right to have high standards.

0|1
    0|0
  • I see your point. People are allowed to like what ever it is they want. It just seems men have more of a problem with high standards than we have with ours.
    I personally have very simple standards because they suite my personality. Other women have higher standards that honestly suit their personality. It doesn’t bother me as long as people provide what they expect.
    My fatass ex wanted a thick chick with curly hair and big lips. His lack of self awareness got him cancelled.

1|0
    0|0
  • No you have your standards and you won’t settle most people don’t like when a woman know what she wants. Most people got low standards. They want what is easy they don’t like a challenge. For me I can’t lay down with a woman That I don’t trust or I’m not I Into I got have trust.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay for both male and female to have Standards

1|5
    0|0
  • That’s just trying to build a man when going in depth with features. As long as the person is attractive and can please me in every area of my life. Height isn’t that important but if it came along I wouldn’t mind.

In my opinion, high standards goes passed looks but “What can he do for me?” Is he consistent, honest, ambitious, intelligent and that’s when I’m picky because a guy can come along with the nice features but if he lack any of those? I’m onto the next. I met a guy who would use flirtatious lines and assumed he could woo me with every little line he mentioned.

BORING ! That did not last any long.

1|0
    0|0
  • We do tho, lot’s of women are like this and there isn’t a problem with that.

2|1
    0|1
  • Women are already picky and have high standards.

2|17
    1|1
  • Didn't we already?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's time for women be pickier!

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are really picky I feel

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes