• Yes it is.
    Vote A
  • No it isn't.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Morals are important to me. I could never associate in a positive way with someone who harms children. Spanking I'm okay with, but the moment I find a child with a bruise the shape of a hand or fingers you best believe the only association I will have with them is the kind which will end with me in jail.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very important. It’s how you live your life and I would like to surround myself with people who share very similar morals to my own.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Morality is the subjective interpretation of good and bad, most commonly learned by a form of brainwashing or social conditioning from your social circles while you grow up. It's your own subjective definitions of what constitutes "good" and what constitutes "bad", which determines your actions and thought processes throughout your life. It is inherintly a big part of what makes us human, or in some cases inhumane, as it gives us guidance throughout life.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Yes" for me, though I'm no saint. I give into pleasures and temptations at times that aren't so optimal for me or the rest of society.

I define "morality" as a guide, in the presence of unknowns, on what sort of decisions we should make that might yield an optimal outcome for ourselves, the people we care about, and potentially even the rest of society if people consistently make such decisions.

It is like learning how to make good moves in Poker when you don't know the opponent's precise hand, but can narrow it down to a certain hand range and then figure out whether to check, bet, raise, fold, based on the limited information you have available, to maximize the probability of coming out a winning player in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like treating people as you'd like to be treated -- Golden Rule. That to me is similar to like, "Don't assume every time the small blind open-raises you, he has a strong hand. He might just be trying to steal the blinds." It's not guaranteed to lead to an optimal outcome, but it's better than doing otherwise and treating every stranger like an enemy which is almost certainly going to yield a bad outcome in the long run.

• I also think morality has no point if unknowns became knowns. If I had a magic ball that can reveal the future and knew for certain that robbing a bank was the only way I could get money to save someone I loved who suffers a rare illness that can only be cured by the most costly and groundbreaking treatment, and that robbing the bank would guarantee success and no one would be too badly hurt from it, I'd be robbing the bank. It's only because of the unknown information that I choose not to do so, and it is in the presence of such unknowns that "morality" becomes important to me. It is a guide on how to navigate unknown information when it comes to making decisions.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 46

• definitely. having a moral code, adhering to it, becoming a better and better person is the pursuit of the virtuous life which to me is a big reason for living

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s almost everything to me, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I see it as important

0|0
    0|0
  • Morality is hard wired into the human brain, to do something evil is to not live right, hence the name "evil". It literally is "live" backwards. I don't force righteousness into my life, I follow my heart. If you have problems with morality, it's best that you practice it before following your heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and there is no morality if you are an atheist. Atheists believe our world is ungoverned and unguided and that even if a person did something they call evil, they'd only be held accountable for it by law, if they get caught. But if they didn't get caught in life, they think they would get the same fate as somebody who they said was good: no judgment.

0|0
    0|1
    • You can downvote me sir all you want but you're too much of a wuss to point out who you are and defend what I said.

• I swear, I am one of the few people in the world, definitely the country, with a strong belief in morals.

You don't believe in em, you're kind of a douche.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sweet, I'm a douche then for not restricting my behavior to illogical, rigid standards.

• Without morality we are nothing more than mere animals

2|0
    0|0
  • Morality is something you live by. But i don't go with norms. I have my own moral thinking that isn't really common where I live, at least not my enviroment.

Take my stronger beleaves about death for an example.

For say, here, it is legal for someone that is 18 and above to have intemate relations with 15 year olds and above. But I can't stand it. For me, you are child untill you are the age of 18, beyond thqt I can only se pedophilia. And pedos are worth hanging. People who commit rape is in my eyes dead to me. I think laws have a flaw in judging damage to an induvidial. Physical damage is seen as wors than mental tairs. Trauma can be more devestating and painfull than a beating to the body. I know victims who never got to see the convicted getting a worthy punishment. That is were I admire those who avenge the victim with force.

0|0
    0|0
  • integrity - what one does when nobody else is looking.
    to me - morality comes as a part of integrity.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I judge and react to each situation individually rather than put it under the lens of some mortality. I like the freedom to make my own choices and change my mind.

0|0
    1|0
  • i think basic moral princips u have define who u are as a person, and thats the foundation of self respect too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is. It makes you feel satisfied and good about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • My own personal morality is but not outside versions of morality

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't have morals you can be easily manipulated and bought your practically a prostitute if you don't have any

0|0
    0|0
  • It's indescribably important, I have zero respect or tolerance for those without them

0|0
    0|0
  • To an extent yea. Too much of it can be a bit dogmatic and controlling to others. It's always good to have moderation

0|0
    0|0
  • Morality is what you ought to do that is concerning your conscious choice that affects other. That's the meaning of it.

I value morality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without a conscience and good moral values you're just running around like a wild chicken with his head cut off then you're considered a garbage can

0|0
    0|0
  • Outside of the basic ones it's subjective, but those basic ones are very important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without morality, well, I think we'd all be screwed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes