Why do people who love children hate animals, and vice versa?

Why does it have to be two extremes? I really don’t get it. Plus, the people who claim that animals are awful because animals are disgusting, smelly and annoying since they shit everywhere and dogs bark, will get mad and curse you out if you argue that children can be just as disgusting and annoying since they scream all of the time and don’t wash their hands unless instructed to. Is typically people in their 30’s and 40’s who react this way, I’ve noticedz

Why can't we just acknowledge that both are great and come with flaws? And also that not everybody SHOULD have kids, or pets?

20