I am a registered independent, but I can stand the Republicans/conservatives more. Am I a bad person for disliking Democrats/left in general?

37

What Girls Said 3

• Well, most of what I hear as dislike for the left, democrats, and/or liberals is based on beliefs propagated by fake news outlets, not on what people on the left actually believe or are doing.

I don't know how you form your opinions.

But perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye.

• I think both parties are full of people running people without their head on

• You are very smart...

What Guys Said 7

• i think it's wrong to dislike tens of millions of people you don't know simply because they may or may not agree with you politically.

• Depends on who you ask. That's an opinion, I don't think you are, but the next person might think so. Don't worry about the parties, just have a personal opinion, and stand by it.

• As long as your political views are based on intelligent reasoning you should be allowed to take any position you want. Just be intelligent, please.

• Republicans have two factions that I find disagreeable: The populists (who tried to get Ross Perot elected and who are the real supporters of Trump) and the Christian Conservatives.

I belong to the libertarian faction, sometimes called the Chamber of Commerce Republicans. We prioritize economic prosperity and individual rights. This necessarily requires limited government.

The Democrats are made of Socialists who believe the economy is a zero sum game, and therefore the only way for some people to do better is for others to do worse; elitists who believe they know how you should live your life better than you do; and grievance groups who wish to pull other people down, no matter the cost. All of these believe in near unlimited government power and size.

For any thinking person, it isn't hard to figure out which is better for the nation. We just need to keep the populists and Christian Conservatives in check.

• 2d

I don't believe any of that.

• 2d

He's declaring what people on the left supposedly want or believe. I don't believe any of those things.

• 2d

@MlleCake
      You must not pay attention to anything Democrats say.

• No...

• Your a smart person.

• Nope