Are you doing anything to make this world a better place?

I thought about it just now, and I feel I haven't done much...

What have you done to make this world a better place?
What are you doing now to make this world a better place?
if you haven't...
What are you planning to do to make this world a better place?

2|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm helping people get fit. I'm helping my family live healthier lifestyles by setting a positive example.

Anyways, I get paid for it, more than I should probably, but it's something that is important to me. Being able to help people become fit. My job as a personal trainer is to get my clients to where they don't need me anymore. Which isn't the best business model, like a lot of personal trainers will make their clients reliant on them by never teaching them or making them reliant on their schedules or their programs, etc. But, I'm more concerned with giving them the tools they need to become healthy and proud of themselves. Taking care of our body's is extremely important and comes with tremendous benefits.

The obesity epidemic is one of the biggest health risks to America. There was the extrapolation that by 2050 or something, 50% of American children will be obese. That is simply obscene. I want to encourage people to be active. It doesn't take much. All they have to do is control their eating and go on a 30 minute walk 3 times a week, which can cause massive. Then just slowly include more healthy habits and slowly get rid of unhealthy habits. Just like eating an elephant: just one step at a time. Just changing one small thing, then changing another thing later, then another thing. And before you know it, you've got a rockin' body and are living a healthy lifestyle.

3|0
    0|0
    • if thats is the trend, there will be more people who need your help.
      thank you for the encouragement.

• Show All
    • there are a lot out there about living healthy, moving...
      so there are a lot of pepole out there seeking for help... glad you are an expert and passionate about your work

• Whaaaaaa? You teach kids? That's forging the future. :O What do you mean you haven't done much? That's a very important role, too. You're influencing and teaching the next generation. That's extremely important. ^_^

I wouldn't call myself an expert, haha. The certificate for personal training takes like 4 months to get, lol. It's pretty intensive and has to be renewed every 2 years, but it's not like I went to college or anything. I've still got a LOT to learn.

• I work for a charity that protects the environment. I get paid so it's not some selfless act but it means more to me than charities helping humans breed even more out of control.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Later on I want to be a psychologist. What I’m doing right now is whenever I meet people and see them often, I always bring up the best in them. I always compliment them and smile to them even though they’re not in the mood. I try to be there for everybody and not judging them. I show them a lot of respect and love.
    I love people and that’s why I get a lot of smile. I do take care of them wheb there’s the need.
    That is my change 💕

2|0
    0|0
  • It’s too late for humans. We’ve been fucking up too often for too long. Realistically, there is no such thing as this world being a better place.
    So what I will do is try to is be as happy as I can till I die. I will adopt a child and give back when I can. But it’s just to make me feel fulfilled. I know good and well no matter how good I try to be the world will be the same.

1|0
    0|0
    • the world is an ever changing place... how will it turn out we don't know.
      the world is beautiful, how it is created :)
      adopting a child and giving back is good :)

• When you do something good, it often has a ripple effect. You can change the world! You do it every day. 😉

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 75

• I've worked and volunteered as a tutor a band teacher in JHS for over 40 years worked in transit over 30 years been on radio have a business for the community. And I'm still teaching every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • What I want to do to make this world better might take a century or probably even more if I do it alone. That's actually my main goal in life, causing the next stage in evolution! What type of evolution? Spiritual. The most basic step to make that happen for me is to bring people together. We have so many divisions in society, nationalities, races, religions, castes, etc. I want these to go away first. But of course it's impossible till every single person in the world realizes the importance of unity. The divisions and different views about everything cause so many conflicts that we can't focus on improving the world entirely. This brings me to the next thing that's necessary. Scientific development. Can you imagine how fast science will move forward if the smartest minds from around the world start working together towards their goals even if achieving them one at a time? We could've been outside our galaxies by now!

Why do I want all this? Because I need to know the mysteries of the universe. And it would the the world a lot of good if people also start seeking knowledge, don't you think? And I believe spirituality is the way to go. Open minds open up doors to developments that seem totally impossible. Exploring the universe will give us so many answers about other worlds, extraterrestrial life and even afterlife!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am heavily involved with an organization called Off The Streets, which is dedicated to getting homeless people into permanent housing with a security deposit and some furniture. We've helped around 3000 individuals and families with a 95% success rate.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its very very difficult to make world better.
    We breath bad air, intake bad scenes, think evil too. With all this the positivity within ourselves becomes dormant.

I try to help people as my mood is, but sometimes i feel. that they do deserve it, i shldnt help them just watch them nicely!
    I feel bad when resources are getting wasted, i keep telling other not to do & blame them,
    But at a point i even waste them myself knowingly/unknowingly.
    I feel sorry for people who sleep without food, but i dont donate to help them.
    I always want air pollution to get reduced, keep telling many people on how they can, but i never planted any plant or saplings after my childhood.
    All im filled with is regrets, the way we are present & do to make this world better, the more we do something more bad..
    If i keep spending my time on making better place, there are always many to destroy it,(i will be present with sadness, regret, waste of time&energy), but then at some point i too do the same.
    Its soo hard these days...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Can't say I'm selfish either, but I currently don't have money or possessions to help with. Other than that, I do what normal people do... help someone with directions if they need it, talk to people feeling down and try to cheer them up, get up for elderly or women with kids on public transit, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Even the smallest thing is important. It doesn't have to be a major thing. I enjoy making people laugh, & also am very determined when it comes to looking at issues from all perspectives to create as rightful a response as possible. I help people with learning disabilities, alcoholism & such. It's small, but every little helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • I make volunteer work, I had to stop this week because the school schedule doesn't let me.
    I did since March, and I topped at 15 hours per week, unloading vans, then preparing the food, then distributing it to people that needed it. I was great it was in my home town so we both get to know a lot of people and also have a diferent sense of duty

1|0
    0|0
  • Well... I haven't done much so far for the world, though I try to be polite and respectful to everyone I come in contact with. I really just want to spread a message of peace in the world. there's so many things we focus on that really don't matter and it gets us down and angry at each other for no valid reasons. I plan to spread my message in any way possible. So far it'll be through my writing and music but I want to do much more in my life to make a difference in the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im teaching the next gen and tryin to help thrm achieve their goals, way beyond my responsibility as a part time teacher.
    and im makin gold mines of companies so that they can survive and employ as much people as they can afford, while keepin the mood human in everyday work.
    not much i know, but for now thats my little piece i try to add

1|0
    0|0
  • I plant trees, try to be nice to people, do my job the right way, try not to waste water, reduce reuse recycle repair everything I possibly can. I’m not deluding myself that we’re not doomed, but not because of what I do

2|0
    0|0
  • Helping people, planting trees, going for greener technologies. Trying to improve and repair things. Oiling door hinges that creak at places I visit. Sometimes I get called names too but it doesn't matter.

Just remember, don't think of showing off about like most of the trend has started in my area. Like one act and 1000 photos on social media for its promotion. It feels deceptive and hypocritical.

0|0
    0|0
  • I be myself & not let society brainwash me into being selfish or greedy or having a ego problem,
    its never a competition so just do what can
    im not perfect as no 1 is or can be, point is to just do best you can & not hard to make a change.

im the 1/3 like the good Samaritan that stop to help if need & not ignore,
    I try help people to make better place, only on here to help others while ask things,
    I give food to the needy & donate monthly for years to save the children
    have also saved my grandmothers life 11x by getting help in fast enough time from 11 mini strokes, 1 heart attack+ pace maker, bowel bleed, & you wouldn't tell by looking at her & she does good things to help people too

1|0
    0|0
  • Good to see that some people still care.
    Most people seem to only care about making their own world a better place.

1|0
    0|0
  • Making the world a better place really isn't that hard. All you have to do is be a nice person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I give to the poor when I can. I'm not perfect at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I pick up litter and try to treat people with decency and respect when possible. Recycle. Drive my car as little as possible. Vote Democrat. Et cetera.

1|0
    0|0
  • What I think would make the world a better place might not be what someone else thinks. So to play it safe, I'm doing nothing to make the world a better place. Just enjoying my short stay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every day.
    1. Think global act local.
    2. It takes a village.

2|0
    0|0
  • I work. I pay taxes. Open the door for people. Compliment one woman every day. Avoid conflict. I guess, just be a gentleman.

2|0
    0|0
  • I did some volunteer work at an orphanage in bulgaria like 8 years ago and i did some in my town helping old people find work.

Not much since though. I'm more into improving myself at the minute

1|0
    0|0
  • Right now I'm mostly collecting and distributing information but longer term I'm working on high intensity organic food production systems and helping with books and access to education in places like Arusha, TZ where I have some friends I'm working with.

Day to day I more or less just try to have more positive interactions than negative ones and try to be nice to people I meet to help everyone have a bit better of a day.

Not to say I never cuss people out under my breath in my car when driving and road ragey, I totally do :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Well. When I'm done with my shopping cart I put it back where it belongs and not in the middle of the parking lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, paying taxes and being productive as wells as creating a job (entrepreneur) and not being lazy or depend on welfare

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying
    I've succeeded in few and failed in few
    Don't wanna brag
    But yeah it felt good and I had a peaceful sleep those nights

What about you @midnightmoon05?

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not motivated to make the world better. But I do my best to not make it worse. On people I have mostly given up, but the planet deserves attention.

0|0
    1|0
  • I have my own world. If people that can affect global world do not do a shit, I dont see a reason why I who can't impact world globaly would care? :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm on this website giving helpful advice to all the boys and girls.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've helped people by giving them positive advice and been praying for people in need.

2|0
    0|0
  • Working on it and hopefully humanity will be back. I'm working on counseling and hopefully i'll be a psychologist or start an agency of counselors. I can't stand mental illness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I donate money to causes i think are important like habitat for humanity.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• I try and do good deeds all the time from taking food to those who dont drive with meals on wheels. And my plans should i come into money is working on cleaning up our oceans.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian, mostly vegan. Re use my plastic bags. Recycle. Chop up straws and those plastic can holders to prevent them harming wild animals. I look after children, teach them, support them. I used to participate in bullying but I'm now very concious of how my words/actions may affect others and have stood up for others when they were being picked on.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm trying to include everyone who looks and feels alone. I get involved in voluntary work, and I give up my seat to people on the bus who have younger children, are older or have heavy baggage. It's not much but I always feel good after!

1|0
    0|0
  • I always feel like I could do more. The main things I do regularly is try to always recycle and I try to make people smile when I see that they're feeling down.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I only throw trash inside bins and I'm the only one to pick up other peoples' trash from the floor, the street or the beach because I know it'll take centuries to decompose and because I don't want any animal to get hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Small things here and there. Eg. donations, acts of kindness, leave a place cleaner than I find it, give my time to those in need, recycle, and working on something for our future technology.

2|0
    0|0
  • I’m studying to be a counseller or psychologist. I’ll decide somewhere along the way. I’ll start by finishing my bachelors and becoming a social worker. I’ll help the world by helping as many individuals as I can. I one day hope to start a program that helps criminals fit back into society after they’re released. So many people leave prison with nowhere to go. No home, no family, no job. Provided I’m not dealing with child molesters, rapists or asshats that harm animals, I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

2|0
    0|0
  • I try to not be wasteful, especially things like food and paper. If I write on a paper and I don't need it anymore but the other side of the paper is empty, I don't throw it away I keep it. I take those papers out when I have to write down a list, a phone number or letting my niece draw pictures on them. The amount of paper I saved so far this way could make two decent notebooks.

It's very little , but it's the best that I can do now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I bike/walk/use public transport to move around and get pretty much everywhere & I recycle :)

2|2
    0|0
  • Trying to be vegan. its hard when you've grown up on meat all your life. im apart of an environmental clean u po group

2|1
    0|0
  • I got the nexplanon in July so I don't have babies ( overpopulation issue)
    I try to help people as much as I can...
    Ugh...
    Nursing career in the future :)

2|0
    0|0
  • I think overall just putting your best foot forward and being a kind person at your core

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to do little acts of kindness. The little things are what’s counts.

3|1
    0|0
  • As a Republican and a Conservative, Sticking Up for My Country and Sticking by my President. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not enough to change the world. But its enough to have a better life myself

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm doing the opposite do you know how overpopulated the earth is?

0|0
    0|0
  • Working with speacial needs kids
    CT is saving animals lives

0|0
    0|0
  • I do some social work and help needy

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I go on living.

1|0
    0|0
  • I re use plastic bags 😇

2|0
    0|0
  • I need to make myself a better person first.

2|1
    0|0
    • Take care of yourself, then you'll be in a better position to help others. ;)

• Yeah. I educate people

1|0
    0|0
  • I give blood and recycle is that good enough 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Encourage voluntary sterilization.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

0|0
    0|0
  • This would will never be a good place no matter how much people try. It will never be a “better” place. It’s only going to get worse. You’re blind if you think it’s going to get better

0|0
    0|0
  • Studying to be a doctor so I like to hope I will make the world a better place...

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m blessing everyone with my existence. You’re so welcome.

1|0
    0|0
    • 😂 You're so good to us! What would we do without you? 😂😂😂

• 😂😂😂😂

• I give donations and I am friends with very lonely people and I train disabled people academically and I pray for people who are having doubts and fears

2|0
    0|0
    • We can "move mountains" with prayer so I think what you're doing is wonderful. :)

Recommended myTakes