Do you think colourism in the black community is real?

3146

Most Helpful Guys

• "My skin color and particular mole configuration is not represented in European or Asian media." Jeez.

But yeah, it is true that light skin is considered an ideal trait in India, and also in ancient China and Japan up to today. You see the qinglou nvzi and geishas which are painted up to be basically as white as this background.

Maybe light skin is just more attractive to people, naturally? What other reason would various cultures around the world have thousands of years of history of desiring lighter skinned women?

It's also true that there are many traits that are just more attractive than other traits. Some traits are more desirable than others, would you not agree? Sorry, that is biology. Why aren't short guys ever represented in the media? Is that women damaging men?

That isn't men causing women damage. That is biology and genetics causing women damage. Not everyone can be desired. This is a biological competition.

No, no, no. They're not trying to just be "valid". They are whining that they should be more fuckable and more desired. Well then work on yourself. If you've got a disadvantage, then grow and become desirable in other ways. Don't whine and moan "woe is me, everyone should be attracted to me."

• I think colorism can be as real as racism and other types of bullying. People through history have always bullied other people for the way they looks and the way they're.

Colorism isn't a black or Asian-community thing. Like regular racism and bullying it exists among all races. Racism and colorism goes both ways. Colorism was a thing among whites too. Whites have different shades too like brown people. Example blondes, redheads, hazel and light-brunettes. In some areas redheads was rare and seen as weird. If the majority in an area was blonde for example and saw a redhead, they could use him/her as a scapegoat. It's not only in the past in the witch hunt times the redheads were discriminated, but in more modern time they've been bullied too - in school for instance.

Other types of white people may also be teased for the way they looks. Regular blonde people are darker than those one with albino, so people with albino would still stand out and risk being bullied for their appearances. Most white people have either blue, gray, green or hazel eyes and blonde, orange, hazel or light-brown hair. Blondes also often have some brownish colors in their hair. Albinos often have light-yellow or whitish hair and lighter blue or purple eyes.

Some whites also teased biracial people; half-white and "half-colored" people. Many of these biracial people would nowadays be considered as white-passing in the US. But they would still stand out in a white-majority society. Especially in the north. I've met one of those and she was called the n-word once.

Since I've grown up in Scandinavia and learned about Nordic history, therefor I can tell that colorism isn't a black or Asian-thing only. Why I used albinos, gingers and biracial people as examples is because they're rarest among whites and more likely to stand out. Regular medium blonde is most common.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, it is real. There is a lot of things you may miss if you aren't paying attention. Darker skinned people may be shamed by people of their own race, for being dark, sometimes even for having common characteristics for this race, such as frizzy hair. Look in clothing magazines, people of color are now being represented more, but mostly by people who are light skinned! There is a lot of pressure in some places to lighten skin and straighten hair. It's very sad, that people of your own race will say "you need to do this, or you aren't pretty".

• It's real. And this is coming from a white girl looking in. What it comes down to as horribly simple as it is, is that lighter-skinned people of color generally are considered more attractive than their darker counterparts, and honestly I think in most cases, they are. This isn't because I'm such racist cracker bitch, but because lighter skin is a general result of race mixing. People that are biracial are proven to be both aesthetically and scientifically attractive than any person that is "purebred" because it widens the gene pool and genetically creates healthier and therefore more symmetrical and highly stylized features. It's not that I don't find darker POC unattractive, I've been with more WOC and MOC who are dark than light because I PERSONALLY find them attractive, but the general community and culture we live in today do not see eye to eye with me.

Simply put, people who are perceived as attractive are treated better. I think it's not something you can justify but it's true.

• Darker-skinned women are more attractive. I know that, because I feel more attraction to them. Therefore, you are wrong.

Do you see how stupid your claim is in that context?

• Most halfies range from average to strait up ugly as sh*t, So cool it with the bi-racial supremacy nonsense.

• It’s true guys