Do you believe the femenist movement is losing its purpose?

I respect everyone's opinion on this topic and I ask anyone commenting to do the same, so keep the debates clean.
And just remember that the poll results will only show what gagers believe not what the rest of the world does. Do you believe the femenist movement is losing its purpose?
  • Yes, it is not clear anymore what the purpose of the movement is. As a result many people are getting the wrong idea, damaging the movement image and dividing society even more.
  • No, the movement has always been solid on its goals. Opposition has been harsh nontheless noticeable progress has been made. The more support the movement gets the more united our society will be.

1142

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a feminist but I want equality for both genders, so to me the definition of a feminist is a person that wants equality for all genders, I do not hate men and I don't hate women but I do hate bigoted men and women, people that blame everything on the opposite sex. Men are suppressed they get assaulted and raped, but because they are men their told to suck it up or be happy that they were assaulted, even the definition of rape is against them in a way, they're told how to look and how to act just like women so when people ask if it's easier to be a men or a women the answer is obviously neither because both sides have pressures dictated on to them by society. This fight between genders needs to stop so we can come together and fix what we have struggled with for awhile there shouldn't be things like oh he's a man he needs to look masculine or she's a woman she should be small and feminine, men can wear makeup and be pretty, women can belch and curse like sailors.

• I would argue that that would detract from the purpose of Feminism at all, which is Female Empowerment.

If Feminism begins to include strong male voices and male leadership in the group, and focus on male issues from a male standpoint, will it really still be Feminism?

Would this not just further divide and dilute Feminism's core message of Female Empowerment?

Or should Feminism support and allow a separate group dedicate to male liberation from societies oppressive norms and narrow, toxic hierarchy take place instead?

• @SomeOtherGuy Dude I understand what your talking about but don't ever fucking say I don't want equality because I do. Just because I don't talk about my views of society doesn't mean that I don't want change, I know shits fucked up people are homeless, children are born in bad circumstances, people do some really fucked up shit just because they have the power to get away with it. So I know, I like to think that if intelligent people that looked past their views could come to together, shit would get done and maybe there'd be less problems. Also since you brought up prison sentences people who have raped or pedophiles in general don't get long sentences they get a few years and then probation with forced on therapy, some "recover" but that is a very small percentage. Most of the time they relapse and take an innocent victim again so why is it a bad thing to have long prison sentences with the exception of the falsely accused?

• The highest rape rates since 1988 the highest estimate in women was 17.7 million in men of same year 2.78 million whether attempted rape or full, in prison more than 200,000 men are raped behind bars each year in women there are over 200,000. 21% transgender, gender queer and nonconforming are sexually assaulted of non-TGQN females, and 4% of non-TGQN males. The rate of suicide is highest in middle age white men, Forty of 2557 women and 41 of 1835 men admitted they had slept outside or in an abandoned building, their car, an emergency shelter, or a hotel due to financial hardship. The statistics of billionaires in gender since 2017, 2433 are men while in women it's only 321 around the world. These are actual statistics I researched

Most Helpful Guys

• I think there's a real movement to discredit feminism being led by the Pussy Grabbers and Brett Kavanaughs of the world.

• O man, I was supposed to pick 1 person for each sex but this comment gave me a good laugh 😂.

• good question. i don't think it's losing it's purpose as much as there are less things to fight for and the things they fight for are often times more difficult to accomplish or even figure out how to truly fight them... early it was far easier accomplishments (voting, workplace equality, pay gaps, etc) but now you get into more difficult to accomplish issues like sex trafficking and what not which are already illegal so you are not working against a single offender but rather a cloaked unseen plethora of offenders.

kind of like black civil rights. the fight was easier when there were clearly defined institutions that you could address (schools, government, etc) but now you are simply fighting general racism which isn't coming from a single source and isn't always readily apparent who it comes from or how to fight it

• This needs to be made most honest opinion. It's succinent to the point and paints a clear picture of what is going on. There is still work to be done for the feminist movement but it is more or less dealing with societal issues that come from culture and other unseen forces. Of course there are radical feminists who have entered into misandry, but they don't paint the entire movement. Like anything it's always the most radical who have the loudest voices.

• @coralee thank you... you are right unfortunately like all civil rights movements there will be those who are loud, proud and vehemently shouting things that are basically just their own views under the guise of the larger label. so there are many so called "feminist" who as you said are just misandrist

• thanks for MHO