Would the world be a better place if everyone had the same things?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that’d get boring, and I don’t think everyone should have the same things anyway. Those who are lazy and don’t work or contribute to society shouldn’t have the same things as someone who has worked hard and managed to make a nice living for themself.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No

People steal, con, kill, lie. Things would get redistributed based on interactions between people,

For everyone to have the same ‘wealth’ they would all have to have equal levels of ambition, empathy, greed & so on.

I’d give it maybe 1 week before people organized into gangs & started ripping off weaker groups.

0|0
    0|0
  • In theory it works. In practice, history displays otherwise. You have to ask the question, who will distribute the resources? How will the public be able to monitor oversight of how out will be distributed equally? How do I know whether the appointed distributor hasn't taken the lion's share of the the pooled resources and controlled the the stream to the public to hide what they have pilfered? Think of Soviet Union, north Korea, or any other country who has adopted the communist model. Think about who is benefiting (executive politicians and high rank military) and who suffers (the public who couldn't afford decent clothes or need to ration food that was dropped by plane by developed nations.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• No, because people who work hard but have just as much as those who are lazy. I doubt you can make everyone a millionaire. Most likely you could only give a small amount of money to everyone. A lot less people would work hard without the right compensation, actually a lot of people will stop working. so we will go downroad. The resources we have will quickly be gone. It's not a good thing to happen

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't see how that would make it a better place in any way. Not everyone enjoys the same things

0|0
    0|0
  • Then how would anyone be special? That’s what makes life interesting. Everyone’s unique.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be great- as long as they were all things that I want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I donnt know, but it would be kinda boring

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be completely boring

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Why would you suspect that to be a preferable option?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the world would not be a better place. It would also not work. Society is built on the basis of supply and demand, and without it society would collapse. Besides which, there will always be greedy people who will fight to get more.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. That system has been attempted and it always fails. Mainly because it destroys all motivation and takes usually multiple generations to undo.

0|0
    0|0
  • The internet is sort of like that. People on the internet have essentially the same thing which is an equal internet access to the network. Is it a better place? Maybe?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no!
    That is an idiotic Communist idea.
    That sort of thinking leads to economic and social collapse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe. can't assume anything unless we live it.
    people would even be greedy, mean. They would easily create other issues!😂😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • We can have everything same but not thoughts, habit, character. So it could be when we have same of these aspects

0|0
    0|0
  • Compared to the world we live in now it may have a few upsides but it would still be just as bad as the hell hole we live in today

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the world would be incredibly boring.
    Utopian societies are a myth

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but... it would be a better place if everyone had money

0|0
    0|0
  • Clearly no.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by "things?"

0|0
    0|0