Would the world be a better place if everyone had the same things?

920

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that’d get boring, and I don’t think everyone should have the same things anyway. Those who are lazy and don’t work or contribute to society shouldn’t have the same things as someone who has worked hard and managed to make a nice living for themself.

Most Helpful Guys

• No

People steal, con, kill, lie. Things would get redistributed based on interactions between people,

For everyone to have the same ‘wealth’ they would all have to have equal levels of ambition, empathy, greed & so on.

I’d give it maybe 1 week before people organized into gangs & started ripping off weaker groups.

• In theory it works. In practice, history displays otherwise. You have to ask the question, who will distribute the resources? How will the public be able to monitor oversight of how out will be distributed equally? How do I know whether the appointed distributor hasn't taken the lion's share of the the pooled resources and controlled the the stream to the public to hide what they have pilfered? Think of Soviet Union, north Korea, or any other country who has adopted the communist model. Think about who is benefiting (executive politicians and high rank military) and who suffers (the public who couldn't afford decent clothes or need to ration food that was dropped by plane by developed nations.