Do you think it's wrong for a guy to breakup with a woman because she's a single mother?

Let's say he's 30 and she's 25. They had a good relationship but he left because she was a single mom. Do you think this guy is wrong for that?
  • Yes its wrong
  • No its not

87209

Most Helpful Guys

• It is neither wrong or right, it is just a choice that the guy is free to make. He does not owe her a relationship, whether she's a mother or not.

That and it's a pretty logical choice - most guys do not want to take care of progeny that is not their own.

• Surely he would know she was a single mother before they started dating? Either way, I don't think any reason for breaking up with someone is "wrong". If something isn't right about the relationship for one person then there isn't anything to be gained by staying in it.

Most Helpful Girls

• Kids are a giant burden. Nothing wrong with not wanting that in your life. Even if the women doesn't ask him to take care of the kid, it's still something entirely different to date a mom. She has to consider her child first before making 99% of her decisions.

• Isn't that something the guy would know before the relationship even started? Why would you go into a relationship knowing that you don't want to be a possible step dad? I swear, people have no problem wasting your time and your life, if you let them.. I think it is wrong to date someone knowing that you don't agree with the circumstance.

Also, dating a single parent (mom or dad) isn't something you should just take lightly and just "try it out and see how it goes". I'm saying this because I'm tired of seeing it happen. We have too many single parents out here then we even know what to do with..