Do you know how good it feels to be needed?

😅😄
  • Yes
  • No
Needed = wanted

1429

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, but it's not such a good feeling for me. I prefer to feel "wanted" instead of "needed". Maybe towards children I can deal with feeling "needed". But for adults, I no longer value that feeling so much except in exceptionally circumstances (like a building catching on fire).

• I used to tie my idea of self-esteem to feeling needed though which made me seek out some of the most needy people (drug addicts, people with psychological issues, homeless, etc) to help in some way. But it became such a burden and also, in retrospect, that was coming from a source of depression and low self-esteem. I now prefer adults, at least, to be self-sufficient, to not need anyone else. Then they actually have a choice in the matter if they value my company. They don't simply need it, they *choose* it.

• So now I think it's much superior to have someone "want" you and freely "choose" you, even though they don't "need" you.

• Yeah. I do. It can be addictive. And it can also make you want to use people to just get your ego off. I've realized that these past couple of years as my value has increased. I've gotten attractive, and women I wouldn't ordinarily look at lavish me with praise and desire. And sometimes I just want to let them want me, because it feels good.

But, on a more intimate scale, yeah. Several people are reliant on me, and I've helped a lot of people create better lives for themselves. The best feel is doing that for my family. My brother, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousins. For women specifically, there have been quite a few who I've served as something of a rock for.

It feels good. But it's also a bit suffocating. Because the more other people need you, the more stable your own life has to be. So if something goes wrong in your life, but you still have to be reliable for everyone else, it can get difficult. Especially if there's no one there for you.

Most Helpful Girls

• I wish my best friends needed me as much as I need them. Right now I feel like if we stopped talking, it wouldn't bother them that much and it truly hurts

• I’ve never felt needed or wanted before. I definitely want to feel wanted by someone. 😭