Do you know how good it feels to be needed?

😅😄
  • Yes
  • No
6d
Needed = wanted

1429

What Guys Said 29

• Yes, but it's not such a good feeling for me. I prefer to feel "wanted" instead of "needed". Maybe towards children I can deal with feeling "needed". But for adults, I no longer value that feeling so much except in exceptionally circumstances (like a building catching on fire).

• 6d

I used to tie my idea of self-esteem to feeling needed though which made me seek out some of the most needy people (drug addicts, people with psychological issues, homeless, etc) to help in some way. But it became such a burden and also, in retrospect, that was coming from a source of depression and low self-esteem. I now prefer adults, at least, to be self-sufficient, to not need anyone else. Then they actually have a choice in the matter if they value my company. They don't simply need it, they *choose* it.

• 6d

So now I think it's much superior to have someone "want" you and freely "choose" you, even though they don't "need" you.

• I've never been needed but a long time ago in my life, and it wasn't a situation where I really had the leisure to feel good about it.

• 6d

What was the situation

• 6d

I don't know. Everything from that is just kind of not feeling for me. Besides I was only like 3 at the time so I don't remember it too much.

• I wouldn't say i'm needed nor wanted most of the time, but i like to be that figure that when you're having a bad day you can just come to me and have a good time laughing, telling jokes, and bantering.

• Not when everyone needs you and relies on you for their own wellbeing, it's absolutely draining and rather harmful to be needed too much

• I picture this like you are talking to someone you like and they reciprocate it instead of ignoring you or leading you on. That's a nice feeling if you find out they have a crush on you too. That's how I see someone wanting you. It doesn't only have to be that emotion. Like they say to have a successful relationship you need passion + intimacy + commitment.

• I think everybody wants to feel needed it's a really good feeling to feel like somebody depends on you for a little bit of happiness

• I think so - Sometimes though other times I am not so sure - Such is life

• It is the worse thing to feel. When you start missing that person, your whole life would go downhill.

• Yeah. I do. It can be addictive. And it can also make you want to use people to just get your ego off. I've realized that these past couple of years as my value has increased. I've gotten attractive, and women I wouldn't ordinarily look at lavish me with praise and desire. And sometimes I just want to let them want me, because it feels good.

But, on a more intimate scale, yeah. Several people are reliant on me, and I've helped a lot of people create better lives for themselves. The best feel is doing that for my family. My brother, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousins. For women specifically, there have been quite a few who I've served as something of a rock for.

It feels good. But it's also a bit suffocating. Because the more other people need you, the more stable your own life has to be. So if something goes wrong in your life, but you still have to be reliable for everyone else, it can get difficult. Especially if there's no one there for you.

• I know how bad it feels to not be needed, does that count?

• Nope. I only know what it feels like to be used which can be misinterpreted as the same thing.

• I have been too needed in my lifetime and I don't like the feeling. I'd rather be wanted than needed.

• Do you know HOW BAD it is WHEN PEOPLE ALWAYS NEEDED YOU... The RESPONSIBILITY?
    It's SUCK!!!#

• I thought I did, then she cheated in me with my best friend lol

• 6d

We were together for 3.5 years before that happened

• No, no I don't. Nobody's life would be worse off without me.

• Well l know that l am wanted thats all that matters to me

• I prefer to be wanted and craved, not needed.

• Yeah

• It always ends up feeling used.

• 6d

But this only happens if expect something in return ;)

• Nope

• Show more from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 14

• It doesn’t feel good unless you feel appreciated. I know I wouldn’t be able to support someone right now though, too busy with my shit.

• Yeah, and once you don't feel it after you felt how amazing it is, you start to feel depressed.

• Maan that gets annoying when i got my own problems to handle and can't get that type of support back.

• 5d

I agree I don't mind being there for you but when I need you be there for me as well so I definitely agree with that

• Yes, when someone, anyone, shows you their appreciation.

• Yea sometimes since I have fear of abandonment. I prefer to feel wanted over needed though.

• No I’d much rather be wanted than needed personally

• No, I'm usually the one who needing.

• Not really

• Yes. I do.

• Nope.

• just dont care

• I have two kids so I am needed 24/7!! The responsibility e no easy eh. 😂

But also guys, it can feel good. But it doesn’t have to feel like they are small babies or puppies.

• I wish my best friends needed me as much as I need them. Right now I feel like if we stopped talking, it wouldn't bother them that much and it truly hurts

• I’ve never felt needed or wanted before. I definitely want to feel wanted by someone. 😭