Judy Munroe-Leighton Admits She Lied About Kavanaugh Raping Her. What Should Be Done?

Judy stated that an unnamed letter describing multiple rapes by Kavanaugh was from her, but when questioned by the Senate committee she stated that she had never met Kavanaugh and further stated that it "was a tactic" to prevent Kavanaugh's appointment. Senator Grassley asked the DOJ to prosecute her for these false allegations.
What do you think should be done? Should we still "believe survivors"?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Lock her up! Lock her up! This absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. She used a serious crime like rape to destroy a man and no we should not believe all survivors at least not without sufficient and valid proof. People lie I can’t believe people who defended her viscously for got this fact.

2|5
    1|0
  • She belongs in jail. Nobody should be able to accuse anybody of a criminal offense just on their say-so.

0|7
    1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The sentence for perjury can be pretty steep. By criminal law she should be behind bars. But there are bigger fish to fry here, there's little to gain from sentencing this woman to jailtime.

Offer her a plea bargain - she walks free with a suspended sentence IF she testifies against those who paid her to accue Kavanagg. Because rest assured, she WAS bribed to do this, people don't just accuse random strangers of rape.
    Offer her witness protection. 24/7 until the case is solved, because if she decides toto testify, she will have a target on her head.

0|2
    0|0
    • Just one point of clarification, she stated she did it to prevent his appointment. I don't see any particular reason to believe any further incentive was necessary.

• Show All
    • Oh, well it's not a coincidence. She said she did it specifically to stop Kavanaugh. Presumably because she thought he was an awful guy who was going to take away women's rights and things like that.

• Many people hated Kavanagh, but most of them weren't ready to risk several years in jail to prevent him from becoming a supreme court judge. Generally speaking when someone commits a seemingly irrational, or barely rational act, there are other factors we don't know.

Lee Harvey Oswald could have had a beef with JFK... but considering Trump. didn't release the files, it's more likely the feds had an even greater beef.

• so because this lady falsely took credit for anonymous letter she didn't write we are wondering if we should believe all other survivors?

this is like saying if one white person (let's say dylan roof) shoots black people should we presume all white people want to kill black people

nothing should be done to her. public opinion will be the ultimate consequence and penalty in her life. i'm sure she lives a life of fear and receives death threats. i imagine this will severely impact her socially and from an occupational standpoint. often times public scorn is consequence enough

1|0
    0|0
    • You're totally right about the public scorn part. But people have to know its not okay to throw around rape without serious consequences, because what if, by chance, she proved him to be guilty? Then he loses everything without even doing anything wrong. In fact, there was this college football player that had his name cleared because of a false accusation, and I don't think he was the only one.

• Show All
    • I would say writing a lettery falsely accusing him and trying to stop him from becoming a supreme court justice has to have some sort of punishment

• @RideTheRedWave she didn't write the letter.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Can you post a link to where she said this? Thanks.

1|0
    1|0
  • This is a crime that definitely needs to be addressed and punished for.

0|4
    1|0
  • she should go to jail. yes we should still believe survivors, rape happens every day... one woman won't discredit that.

2|2
    0|0
    • How long should she go to jail for? And just to clarify in the Kavanaugh case it’s three persons so far that have made false allegations 2 women and one man.

How do you determine which “survivors” we should believe and which we shouldn’t?

• At least a year. Everyone adult who makes false rape allegations should go to jail at least a year.

Believe survivors is a blanket term, at least that's how I read it. So, if I had to choose an extreme-believe everyone at first (aka go through with an investigation) vs brushing everyone off, I'd choose the first option.

• Well obviously we take credible allegations seriously. I just don’t agree with denegrating or castigating a person for an allegation with no supporting evidence. That’s the problem that I at least see with the “believe survivors” mantra. We don’t know that these people are survivors and we’re performing mob justice by deciding that the accused is guilty without corroborative evidence. That’s the worrisome thing to me at least.

• She should get jail time for ruining his reputation.

2|3
    1|0
  • Well you wonder which of those girls who came out of the wood work were lying now. I think Kavanaugh should sue them for slander.

1|3
    0|0
  • I’m laughing at all the people who refused to believe he didn’t do it. HA! HA!

0|3
    0|1
    • I'm not understanding your comment. This woman admitted that she lied about it, perhaps that helps clarify.

• Show All
    • Me? No. I didn't vote either way.

• What should be done about Kavanaugh lying under oath, a -lawyer- who wants to serve in the Supreme Court?
    https://youtu.be/MLLjYGBWLyo

If nothing happened to him, nothing should happen to her either.

0|0
    0|0
    • Where in his testimony did he say that he didn’t drink beer in high school and college? I’ve looked over the transcript and I never saw that anywhere. I heard him repeatedly state that he didn’t get blackout (as the accusation was if he drank until he blacked out he could’ve been raping all these women and never known).

• Show All
    • She tried to ruin his life over politics she needs to do 20 years the whore

• Just because she lied, doesn't mean you automatically dismiss survivors of rape, and putting "believe survivors" in quotations is ignorant - and that's coming from ME of all people.

The woman in question admitted that a real rape-claim that was anonymously sent in was from her, while in truth, it wasn't. She didn't actually write or fabricate the claim itself, just that she was the author of the letter. To clarify. The woman who wrote it is still considered a Jane Doe.

She then goes on to be quoted saying she essentially did it for attention. This woman literally stole someone's rape claim because she is, in fact, an idiot and a shithead, but that doesn't inherently mean now all claims about rape are false.

What should be done legally? She should be sued for wasting the time of the court and for defamation. Period.

0|0
    1|0
    • “Believe survivors” was in quotes because it was a reference to a specific movement who’s point was “believe all survivors”. The problem of course being that we don’t know whether or not the accuser is a survivor. By using that terminology you’re trying to bias whoever is listening to feel more sympathetic.

You even said here that it was a real rape claim. What do you mean by that? Do you think this rape really happened, if so why?

I also don’t know who you are so I don’t know if this “and that's coming from ME of all people.” means anything. I don’t know what your standard is.

• We shouldn't believe survivors, it should be innocent until proven guilty just like any other criminal cases. Simple.

0|2
    0|0
  • If she did lie then she should be put in jail if not then he should be put in jail.

0|0
    0|0
  • She should be punished by watching videos of people getting raped just so she can realize that you shouldn’t lie about something that serious.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's over he was already sworn in.

1|1
    1|4
    • Yeah he was. My question is what should be done about false accusers like this woman. She stated that she lied about being raped specifically for political gain, and I'm wondering if there should be punitive action against that sort of behavior.

• Show All
    • I see that, but the amount of public torture on Kavanaugh's family was obscene, as he wasn't even proven guilty. You probably mean that the drama should stop, and I'm totally for that too, its just that with people throwing around false accusations, and to have a name tarnished, is a pretty scary thing for me atm.

• No it is not over she smeared a man which could have led to possible charges against him and hurt his financial situation she needs to be jailed

• Nothing. They probably coerced her to say that she lied. That’s sick.

0|0
    0|2
    • No they probably didn't

• Show All
    • Men have been raping women since the dawn of time. Disgusting.

• What a f****** bi***.
    She should definitely go to jail, maybe around 1 year for ruining someone's reputation.

1|6
    1|0
    • Go sit down

• Actually, if you look at minimum sentencing, she'd probably do three at least, especially with all the politics involved.

• @SpinachMan Oh, really?
      Well, that's even better then.

• Who cares. Nothing happens if we insult you for raping illegally. And it's good how it is.

So girls just go to police and say you got raped when someone hurts you!

They can't do anything, except begging!

1|0
    3|10
    • Who cares? Are you fucking crazy?

• Show All
    • Everyone who act like that kill million people

• You can't logically predict someone's future until in happens.

What Guys Said 30

• You don't "believe" anyone.
    You take their claims seriously and investigate if the situation calls for that but you can only react going forward based on the evidence. You can never penalize a person or harm them based completely on the word of one person. There must be some evidence ESPECIALLY if they are bringing up something from FOUR decades in the past!!!

0|3
    0|0
    • Cool, so should she be punished?

• If someone has been proved to lie to authorities about someone to get them into trouble I think there should be some type of punishment, yes.

• She admitted she lied, so I think that's pretty damning evidence XD

What do you think the punishment should be?

• This is exactly what a lot of people were saying during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings when these allegations came out of the woodwork at the last minute. That it was all a very low and dishonest attempt to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation by smearing him with false allegations. And the Democrats were perfectly willing to destroy the man's life and reputation by doing so. I think she should be prosecuted and I think #BelieveAllWomen is a dangerous crock of shit.

0|3
    0|0
    • The democrats are communist.

• Show All
    • The criminal referral that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley made to the DOJ is for lying to Congress and obstruction. So with her admission, it would be easy to get a federal indictment from a grand jury. At that point her lawyer would probably seek a plea deal. And I would hope that any plea deal would involve prison time.

• Gotcha thanks

• I don't know. I would think she would be punished to the furthest extent of the law.

But somehow. . . I sense that probably won't be happening in this case.

It kind of feels like that investigation is done, doesn't it?

0|1
    2|1
    • The investigation into Kavanaugh? Yes. Of the 6 accusers I’m aware of 3 have recanted and we’re recommended for criminal charges. The rest were just unsubstantiated.

• Haha!

You are so funny. You are not very good at pretending to be stupid.

The investigation launched in to Ms. Leighton's claims appears to be dead.

It looks like whatever the goal was for this particular investigation has been achieved. I doubt we will ever hear Ms. Leighton's name again. Unless it is to used as a reference in discrediting future allegations by people against others of a certain political persuasion. But certainly not in finding out why she made the allegations, did anyone help her, convicting her and any possible associates, etc.

• Uh, well if she’s not going to be prosecuted and the media decides to cover this up then yeah we won’t hear about her. Swetkyck is also recommended to the DOJ as well as that one guy who said Kavanaugh assaulted him. I don’t know how I was pretending to be dumb. These were three of the six accusations I’m aware of.

• The punishment for lying about a rape should be the same as the punishment for committing the rape. That would stop this nonsense.

0|3
    0|0
    • Cool, so let's extrapolate. Do you think a false accusation of murder should be met with the same punishment as murder? If not how do you differentiate?

• Yes some sort of proceedings should be started - Yes I would still believe survivors but try and find some quieter way to investigate them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course we should "believe survivors" but we also need to remember a staple of our judicial system which is; innocent until proven guilty.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ok. Do you see that as a contradiction?

• Show All
    • If you don't believe someone you're not going to look into it. Believing that it could have happened and investigating it and outright believing are entirely different things. before the metoo movement that's how the system worked. Obviously very recently, things have changed and now it really doesn't matter if the person is innocent because they've already been slandered which is obviously a mockery of justice and disgusting.

• Gotcha, thanks.

• Still believe people despite of these cry wolf assholes. There should be harsher punishment for those that pull what she and others do. They have no respect for other people's lives.

1|1
    0|0
    • What should be the punishment? Also, why do you think we should believe all accusers when we know that some lie? Can you clarify that a bit?

• Show All
    • I wish that the news stations would stop putting so much hype into these cases that didn't even go to trial yet. In any event, it's up to the courts and I do hope that due process is done.

• Cool thanks.

• Whatever is the term of punishment usually served to rapists* should be given to her.

As for believing survivors, yes , we must believe after proper studying of cases.
    Many have been Subjected to deplorable treatment.. some fit to be called inhuman.

Just because some have been fake doesn't mean all are..
    Remember some are not even reported just because the ones who suffer are made to feel guilty rather than the perpetrators of crime.

Those who file false claims too should be booked and metted out with punishment befitting the gravity of situation

0|1
    0|0
    • Ok, so a false allegation of rape should be punished in the same way as actual rape? What do you think the punishment for rape should be?
      If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying that we should believe people who are demonstrated to be survivors and not just everyone who claims to be a survivor is that accurate?

• Show All
    • First, it should be seen that if there is any law against false accusers?

If yes , then certainly they are not helping much and it should be updated and implemented in a better way.

If No, then laws should be made.. and It can vary as per the graveness of crime... example.. to see if someone falsely accused out of hate, out of fear because someone else pressurised them etc.. cases are different and thus different punishments.
      RI for certain periods , depending upon the graveness of situation can be stipulated

• Awesome, thanks.

• We should only believe when sufficient evidence is given. I mean I don't know why people don't always keep this in mind when it comes to these cases. Perhaps because many people tend to view the accused as bad and evil while viewing the accuser as brave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, she should go to jail, but that won't happen because she's a she and we all know how it goes when it she's, which is one reason why i millions of men are MGTOW.

0|1
    0|0
    • For how long?

• Show All
    • Yes if the knowingly did so because of the potential harshness that could have came from their accusations to the victim.

• Gotcha, thanks

• Jail... I wouldn't be surprised if she was pro-Kavanaugh and planted herself to make it seem like more women were lying.

0|0
    0|1
    • That’s quite the conspiracy 😂

• Show All
    • I know but all of these allegations caused people to harass the family

• @RideTheRedWave Well, I wasn't theorizing that he planted her, but that she planted herself. But I don't know, whole situation was pretty dumb to begin with.

• Well
    The default should be to believe those who claim they have been victims pending investigation not the other way around
    This particular case... As a society we shouldn't do anything it was not a lie in a criminal case or even in court it is entirely a civil matter
    If she has indeed admitted it was a lie Kavanaugh can if he so wishes sue her I guess defamation of character would be the grounds?
    But again she did not perjure herself in court I guess she didn't file a false police report? So no grounds for the DoJ to do anything
    Civil matter if anything

0|1
    0|0
    • Ok, so a few questions. You don't think that slander and libel should be criminal offenses? She lied to the senate, that's actually a felony as best I can tell.
      As for your first point, I think that's actually the most interesting. So your position is that the burden of proof should be on the accused and not the accuser, is that accurate?

• Show All
    • Have you ever heard about emotional stress being a factor in civil cases? Like the lesbian women who sued the bakery for a refusal of service and were awarded ~135k largely for emotional distress?

• Yes but I do believe those cases are not the norm
      But I suppose perhaps the principle can be applied to this case and it would be fair if it was
      Fairer than the denial of service example even

• Her and pretty much every accuser that failed to show evidence which includes Dr. Ford especially when every witness said they didn't see him do anything. This was all politically motivated if he actually did this stuff then he should be held accountable but it is safe to say that he probably did not

0|1
    0|0
  • She needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law nothing less

0|2
    0|0
    • Cool, what do you think that punishment should be? Jail time, fine?

• I sincerely believe that false accusations with the explicit intent to harm the other (rather than being seen as false due to merely insufficient evidence) is deserving of punitive measures. I'd say a very hefty fine or jail time.

I don't think it deserves an equal sentence as rape itself, the nature of the crime is very different. But definitely jail time.

It's not so much about 'believing survivors' in my opinion, rather taking allegations of crimes seriously. However, innocent until proven guilty, as it is a cornerstone of a proper judicial system, should remain.

Blindly believing allegations is not right. Scrutiny is necessary, but they do need to be taken seriously.

0|1
    2|0
  • 1) Who?
    2) Are you somehow unable to see the difference between the names "Judy Munro-Leighton" and "Christine Ford?"

0|0
    1|0
    • 1) Judy Munro-Leighton
      2) Who mentioned Christine Ford? You know that she wasn't the only person who accused him right? There were at least 5 different accusations.

• Show All
    • "We know that ~5% are telling the truth" Wowwwwww... wow. Wow.
      Have a nice day.

• That’s the amount of convictions. Awfully cool virtue signal though mate.

• I don't think she filed a false report to law enforcement, or lied under oath.

Publicly lying is not illegal, a fact most welcomed by our leaders it would seem.

It seems to me to meet the requirements of libel.
    "Published or otherwise broadcast an unprivileged, false statement of fact about the plaintiff;
    Caused material harm to the plaintiff by publishing or broadcasting said false statement of fact;
    Acted either negligently or with actual malice;"
    Three checkmarks there I think.

It would probably not be a terrible idea for Kavanaugh to sue her for $1 for libel (to emphasize it's about the principle).

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn't answer your last question "What do you think should be done? Should we still "believe survivors"? "

We should treat claims that are credible as credible claims and investigate them.

I tend to be very pessimistic about arriving at truth in scenarios which seem to boil down to a 'he said she said' scenario, but I find it interesting that people closer to such scenarios than I at least sometimes express more optimism. I found www.theatlantic.com/.../ interesting on that subject.

• Show All
    • cover debts for season tickets :p). If the libel charge was a a news agency, I'd say by all means sue for millions.

In this case, since I'm suspecting he's more looking for name clearing, I'd suggest he sue for a nominal amount because it makes him look better. Rather than looking vindictive, it would very clearly send the message that he's suing to clear his name, period. Politically, I think it's the best move -for him- to effectively be pushy on clearing his name, and benevolent on the repercussions.

• No sue her for everything put a lean on everything she makes make an example of her

• And people wonder why women are afraid to speak up.

Because now due to this one example, Ford will now be "confirmed" a liar, Kavanaugh will be seen as even more of a victim, and any other events women want to come out about will be drowned out due to this news.

0|0
    0|0
    • To be fair three of Kavanaugh's accusers have already recanted their statements and have been reported to the DOJ. 2 women and one man if I recall correctly.
      So my question is what should be done with these people who've admitted that they lied about being raped by someone.

• Show All
    • No I'm saying that other people may have thought they needed to based on implicit bias.

People feel a sense of protection when it comes to their view.

Also dude, I know you're not about pushing an agenda.

• @ThisAndThat

No. I just observe how ingrouping works.

• People that falsely accuse someone of rape should get sone very harsh prison sentences
    Im tired of the “we need to always believe the women” doesn't anyone who says that understand how dangerous and biassed that is?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's very serious because this was in the context of a trial

0|2
    0|0
  • Life jail sentence, make an example of her.
    So that People realise that you can't get away with false accusations.
    She ruined his life and put severe mental stress in him. As well as lying in court.

0|0
    0|0
  • Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law , let each one of the false accusers receive the same fate

0|1
    0|0
  • There is actually more of a story on this. If you haven't heard of the gofundme bs that has been happening.

0|0
    0|0
  • She needs to be sued for all she's got and need to spend the rest of her sorry life in prison

0|0
    0|0
  • Where is the nightly press coverage about this?

0|3
    0|0
    • Grassley wrote about it and I know at least the Washington Times reported on it, but I don't recall hearing about it on the nightly news stations, but I also don't listen to them. So yeah XD

• Show All
    • @0112358 Still the equal and fair treatment seems to be missing. It seems the alternative facts are being reported to select audiences.

• Which alternative facts?

I think I've probably seen slightly more coverage of her admitting it was a lie than I saw of her original claim. There's no question the Blasely-Ford allegation was taken very seriously, and the claims of him whipping his dick around in university parties somewhat seriously, but the anon 'he raped me' letter was considered the least credible (and about on part with half the guys who came forward claiming they were the ones who assaulted Blasely-Ford, one of whom may have indeed been, but some others were clearly lying).

• jail time

0|1
    0|0
  • #Metoo is fucking stupid lol

0|0
    1|0
  • Sent to prison for

0|1
    0|0
  • She should get jail time for ruining his reputation.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes