Judy Munroe-Leighton Admits She Lied About Kavanaugh Raping Her. What Should Be Done?

Judy stated that an unnamed letter describing multiple rapes by Kavanaugh was from her, but when questioned by the Senate committee she stated that she had never met Kavanaugh and further stated that it "was a tactic" to prevent Kavanaugh's appointment. Senator Grassley asked the DOJ to prosecute her for these false allegations.
What do you think should be done? Should we still "believe survivors"?

1732

Most Helpful Girls

• Lock her up! Lock her up! This absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. She used a serious crime like rape to destroy a man and no we should not believe all survivors at least not without sufficient and valid proof. People lie I can’t believe people who defended her viscously for got this fact.

• She belongs in jail. Nobody should be able to accuse anybody of a criminal offense just on their say-so.

Most Helpful Guys

• The sentence for perjury can be pretty steep. By criminal law she should be behind bars. But there are bigger fish to fry here, there's little to gain from sentencing this woman to jailtime.

Offer her a plea bargain - she walks free with a suspended sentence IF she testifies against those who paid her to accue Kavanagg. Because rest assured, she WAS bribed to do this, people don't just accuse random strangers of rape.
    Offer her witness protection. 24/7 until the case is solved, because if she decides toto testify, she will have a target on her head.

• Just one point of clarification, she stated she did it to prevent his appointment. I don't see any particular reason to believe any further incentive was necessary.

• Oh, well it's not a coincidence. She said she did it specifically to stop Kavanaugh. Presumably because she thought he was an awful guy who was going to take away women's rights and things like that.

• Many people hated Kavanagh, but most of them weren't ready to risk several years in jail to prevent him from becoming a supreme court judge. Generally speaking when someone commits a seemingly irrational, or barely rational act, there are other factors we don't know.

Lee Harvey Oswald could have had a beef with JFK... but considering Trump. didn't release the files, it's more likely the feds had an even greater beef.

• so because this lady falsely took credit for anonymous letter she didn't write we are wondering if we should believe all other survivors?

this is like saying if one white person (let's say dylan roof) shoots black people should we presume all white people want to kill black people

nothing should be done to her. public opinion will be the ultimate consequence and penalty in her life. i'm sure she lives a life of fear and receives death threats. i imagine this will severely impact her socially and from an occupational standpoint. often times public scorn is consequence enough

• You're totally right about the public scorn part. But people have to know its not okay to throw around rape without serious consequences, because what if, by chance, she proved him to be guilty? Then he loses everything without even doing anything wrong. In fact, there was this college football player that had his name cleared because of a false accusation, and I don't think he was the only one.

• I would say writing a lettery falsely accusing him and trying to stop him from becoming a supreme court justice has to have some sort of punishment

• @RideTheRedWave she didn't write the letter.