Men are objectifying, women are materialistic? Agree or disagree? Explain?

Cases for why men are objectifying:

•men have more fetishes on women’s body parts than women do
•men, on average, don’t care about a woman’s celebrity or fame status. If she’s attractive, she’s attractive
•There’s a reason why women on Instagram and social media have millions of followers and make lots of money just for posting half naked pictures.

Cases for why women are materialistic:

•I don’t know if this is the majority or not, but many women would sleep with a man based off of his fame, celebrity status, and material possessions.

914

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, there's no denying there's at least a little truth in that. It all depends on the person however, classifying EVERYONE in those categories isn't fair.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, some men objectify women. Just like some women objectify men.
    Yes, some women are materialistic. Just like some men are materialistic.
    Human problems, not gender problems.

• On average is what I’m trying to say. On the individual level, you’re right, but on average, there has to be degrees of differences on certain issues between the genders

• There has to be degrees, certainly, but it's impossible to take an honest survey on this. The only assumptions we can make are based on what we view, which is biased and questionable to say the least.

• - Men do have more fetishes on women’s body parts, but that is only because they have more “private” parts than men. Men only have ass and dick. Women have breasts too.

- Well, on average it is definitely a bonus if she’s a celebrity or if she has a high social status. It’s not that he doesn’t care, but it makes her more attractive (IF she is decently attractive)

- They have millions of followers but it’s not because of men. It is mostly because younger girls follow them and look up to their sense of fashion and appearance (a role model)

- On average a woman wouldn’t sleep with a guy only because he’s rich. Most girls just wouldn’t.

• 1. Well, how about fetishes on feet? Legs? Latex? Whip cream? Dominating? Deep throat? Cuckolding? These are all fetishes men have and they basically objectify women. That’s why women don’t have nearly as much fetishes because they don’t think like men. Non objectifying
      -Men do not care if an attractive woman is famous or not. If she’s attractive, she’s attractive. The reverse isn’t as true. Men with social status bang plenty of women, despite being unattractive. No man wants to bang an unattractive woman just because she’s famous. It’s NOT the same
      -no, it’s mainly men following these women on Instagram because of their half naked pics
      -not just because he’s rich, other factors too. The reverse isn’t nearly as true. There’s much more women willing to sleep with a famous rich man than a man is willing to sleep with a famous rich woman

• 1. Foot fetishes are also common amongst women. BDSM also, but most women would rather take a submissive role. It’s still a fetish and they’re objectifying the man too. And themselves. Cuckolding, the female version would be 3 women and 1 man. Lots of women have that fetish.

2. It’s narrow minded of you to say that they don’t care. If she’s hot and famous he’ll mainly like her because she’s hot and is a good person. The fame is a bonus not a requirement. If she’s attractive he’s not gonna say “oh god I wish she was famous” but I’ve also never heard of a female who would reject a guy because he hasn’t have a high social status. That’s why they even made up a label for those women. Gold diggers.
      Women with social status also bang plenty of men. I can assure you of that. It’s again narrow of you to say that there’s absolutely no guy that would bang an ugly famous woman. That’s highly untrue.

3. ... no. Most men don’t even have Instagram.

4. Yeah. I agree.