Are you for or against nclear power and why?

Are you for or against nclear power and why?
  • For
    Vote A
  • Against
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not against. It's the solution.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Strongly against.

On first sight, nuclear energy may seem cleaner than fossil fuels but the kind of waste it does produce is monumentally, epically dangerous.

There's a great documentary that I recommend anyone to watch. It's called "Into Eternity" and it tells the story of the very first permanent nuclear waste repository in the world, which is currently being built in Finland.
    The documentary touches upon some incredibly fascinating, as well as eerie questions and issues. For instance: how can we possibly warn our distant ancestors 10,000 or 20,000 years from now to not start digging there and enter this place? Any of the languages we speak today will have changed so much by then that it would be impossible for our ancestors to decipher any message. Also, should we even warn them? Or is it perhaps better to simply let the world "forget" about this place and hope nobody will ever start digging there? How can we make sure that our ancestors don't mistake this place for some ancient burial sight like when we started digging below the pyramids in Egypt?
    All of these questions show how little control we have over the distant future and how incredibly irresponsible it is of us to leave this toxic waste to poison our world for hundreds of generations to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_faWmHBsY1E

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• In a world with fairly frequent natural disasters I dont feels it's really possible to guarantee them being safe, when they fail it's never a little "oops" it's an "evacuate the state cause everybody has cancer", oh and I'm still not 100% on what we do with all the nuclear waste.

0|1
    0|0
  • If we can find a good way to dispose of nuclear waste it could be good.

Wind, solar and tidal won't be enough to fuel human needs but we should get as much as possible out of them.
    For the rest nuclear is the best option.

0|1
    0|0
  • So long as they do so safely and take the best precautions I don't mind nuclear power but I think it's a bad idea to put a power plant on an island that could get hit by a tsunami (no offense japan)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes