What is your favorite part of celebrating the Holiday Season?

For this perspective, this includes from Thanksgiving till New Years.

Mine are: Thanksgiving dinner, Cyber Monday/ Black Friday sales, Christmas cantatas/ plays, Holiday parties, making treats, The movies on TV, going to see the lights, setting up the tree, and exchanging gifts on Christmas Morning

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• The weather, the movies, the time off from school/work, Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, the atomsphere, celebrating my religion, family... seriously, this is my favorite time of the year AND my favorite season. Winter and Fall. There's just something magical about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • The food! That's definitely my favorite part. I also enjoy riding around and look at Christmas lights. Oh, and a couple of my friends always have bonfires around the holidays. There's nothing like sitting around a bonfire on a cold night under the stars, listening to music, and hanging out with friends. :)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Having a Savior to celebrate. And this year a special blessing is to help out a family who was dealt a bad deal through an illegal firing of the (family of 7) breadwinner.

1|1
    0|0
    • Wow what happened?

• Show All
    • Wow that is illegal for them to do that. No wonder a lot of people quit places and work has high turn overs

• Yes it is. The fired breadwinner literally has multiple lawyers who all want to take the case!

• My entire family used to always get together multiple times per year but as my generation has gotten older, myself, my siblings, and my cousins are all scattered across the globe. Christmas is the only time when everyone comes together (although it seems likely that I'll be be missing it this year)

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I love Christmas! Everything about it. My house is already full of Christmas decorations, I have a mini Christmas tree and a bunch of colorful lights. I always bake a gingerbread house for my family for Christmas eve haha.. I don鈥檛 even care for the presents as much. Making people happy is just enough.

0|2
    0|0
  • Love Christmas due to the long break from work lol Though it might not happen this year for me because i recently started to work in healthcare.

I enjoy spending time with family though, eating heaps of food till i feel like my stomach could explode, present giving, decorating the house in fairy lights and decorating the Christmas tree. Ooo and walking around in the mall to ses their Christmas displays are fun too! I love doing that

0|1
    0|0
  • Since we don't have Thanksgiving, Christmas is my favourite part. I like sitting down on Christmas eve after I've been to the pub, getting into my new jarmas, and watching a Christmas film with the family!

0|1
    0|0
  • Im a true kid during Christmas. My favorite season by far and brings back a lot of my childhood memories.
    Watching the Grinch , the Polar Express and Mr Scrooge are a tradition each year.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love the festivities and how it brings family together

0|2
    0|0
  • Shopping.

Definitely not the food. I don鈥檛 enjoy greasy fatty foods and I don鈥檛 like fatness so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Being with my family

1|2
    1|0
  • All the meals with family and friends.

1|1
    0|0
  • When it's over LOL

2|3
    0|0
  • No school.

1|2
    0|0
  • Family time

0|2
    1|0
  • No school

1|0
    0|0
  • The food and no school

0|1
    0|0
  • Shopping, money, presents...
    FOOOOODDDDD! 馃構馃構馃構

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• It used to be admiring the Christmas tree and placing a rug with a race track on it, then putting my die-cast Nascar toys on it and having my own mock races.

Of course opening presents with my mom and eating food at my grandparents. But all that is gone now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being able to justify purchases of $60 cuts of ham.

0|1
    0|0
    • That better be good ham

• Show All
    • @Massageman The producers claim to be TSG certified for jamon serrano, yes.
      Also claim to use no additives or preservatives.

As for the quality, at 鈧60 you are only really getting the entry level, which is paleta serrana, but I'm not complaining.
      It is better than the vacuum packed stuff you find in stores, and only marginally more expensive.

This is the company I buy from:
      www.jamonesgranadul.com/.../...ericos_granadul.pdf
      www.jamonesgranadul.com/.../...amones_granadul.pdf

Their pure-bred iberico de bellota goes for 鈧560 a leg.
      For comparison, Dehesa Maladua (rated world's best jamon by the Biofach) goes for about 鈧800/leg at the store I buy from.

• Sounds great!

• The most important of them all. Spending time with family and friends. especially the kids. Because they will pass it on to thier kids i could be talking to another adult but when my kid ask a question i answer tht question i dont care if im talking to the president my kid matters the most

0|2
    0|0
  • EGGNOG

1|1
    0|0
  • Being with family and life long friends! From the dinners to the cheer and fellowship! Decking the house out for Christmas to have people pull in to watch and see the lights and misic desplay! Brings the child out in everyone!

0|1
    0|0
  • Decorating my house for yule. Reviewing old traditions and the reasons behind them. Trying out new concepts and applying them to old traditions to create new traditions.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. The nostalgia
    2. Wine/alcohol
    3. The food

In that order.

Notice how I didn't mention any people? Well, that's because the drama in my family makes people the worst part of Thanksgiving.

0|0
    0|0
    • We are getting that, too, from one distant end of the extended family, but our kids and grandkids are great and they easily make up for it.

• Most likely the New Year's fireworks. We don't really have them any. Other time of the year.

0|1
    0|0
  • When it's over. I like new years but the rest are a pain in the ass

1|1
    0|0
  • When I do get time, it's spending time with my family. the quality time is awesome. oh and the food. food is good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find it slightly weird when people are enthusiastic about the holiday period. The time off work I understand, but I don't want to know about the rest of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Food and seeing peoples faces light up when you get them something.

0|1
    0|0
  • New Years club parties with open bars and under-table sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting time off work and relaxing with family.

0|1
    0|0
  • Food!!! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Christmas all the food I can eat

1|1
    0|0
  • Chilling watching tv and music /cooking /

0|1
    0|0
  • Eating

1|0
    0|0
  • Going to bed at the end of it all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like having a paid day off from work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have none anymore sadly

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes