How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?

Are you totally against it? And if so, are you equally against lip injections, butt injections, breast enhancements, and suntanning in the white community? Why or why not? How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?
WHY DONT PEOPLE EVER READ DESCRIPTIONS UGHDHDJDKKDDKK

1318

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I think it's really stupid and I also think those other things are stupid. You should be confident and happy about the way Mother Nature has made you. I don't understand why people are so ungrateful/unappreciative of what they have.

I'm white and I'm happy with that. I don't take pride in it but I also don't go out of my way to conceal it or appeal to some non-white beauty standard. I never tan. I might lie in the sun for half an hour when I go to the beach but that's purely for my pleasure (my country is landlocked and the sun is not very strong), not to change the shade of my skin color.
    I also don't walk around with a parasol in the summer like a Japanese girl though.

In other words: I don't obsess over my skin color. When I go outside a lot it might get a little darker and when I stay home for a long time it usually gets a tad more pale but that's just what happens. There's never any intent.
    People who deliberately go tanning or use whitening cream are obsessive in my opinion and skin color is not something one should obsess over in my opinion.

Let alone those plastic surgeries.

• Just wow.

I wonder what drives people to do this themselves. Do they think people will treat them better? Or is it just about their self-image?

• Don’t they go hand in hand

• I know. It is just terrifying what she did to herself. I never liked her music or personality. But she used to be look nice.

Now, she is just a monster.

• Crazy what insecurities will drive a person to do

Most Helpful Girls

• From my perspective as a "Woke White Lady TM" I can appreciate the motivation to use skin bleaches. At least in the US, the lighter you are, the better you get treated, still, in 2018.

Ideally, I want every human to like who they see in the mirror and be proud of themselves, not just their looks, but proud of the entirety of who they are.

I don't need friends of color to try to be anything but authentic around me. I was raised in a culturally rich part of the country, around all different kinds of ethnic groups, and I don't see dark skin as undesirable or ugly.

But I know that is not the reality everyone lives in.

So, ultimately I feel it's a matter of free choice. And I am not going to criticize either choice - to lighten or keep natural. Same as I feel about natural hair vs. processed hair. I think it's your body and you get to do what you want with it.

But I can definitely appreciate that it is an issue of controversy in the black community, so I am not going to tell anyone else how to feel about it. As far as that goes, I am just an ally, and here to listen, not tell others how to conduct their lives.

• For a long time black men and women want to be treated the same as whites... they rightfully glorify their race as equal

And then some stupid people put that shit on their face...

So all that hard work has gone to pot wasted time of campaigners.. i can’t understand it,

Difference between suntanning and putting chemicals on is, folk tan naturally.. even black men and women tan it happens esp to those who work outdoors. How can anyone compare the two?

breast implants butt inplants to me are a waste of time and money.