How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?

Are you totally against it? And if so, are you equally against lip injections, butt injections, breast enhancements, and suntanning in the white community? Why or why not? How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?How do you feel about whitening creams in black culture?
Updates:
WHY DONT PEOPLE EVER READ DESCRIPTIONS UGHDHDJDKKDDKK

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I think it's really stupid and I also think those other things are stupid. You should be confident and happy about the way Mother Nature has made you. I don't understand why people are so ungrateful/unappreciative of what they have.

I'm white and I'm happy with that. I don't take pride in it but I also don't go out of my way to conceal it or appeal to some non-white beauty standard. I never tan. I might lie in the sun for half an hour when I go to the beach but that's purely for my pleasure (my country is landlocked and the sun is not very strong), not to change the shade of my skin color.
    I also don't walk around with a parasol in the summer like a Japanese girl though.

In other words: I don't obsess over my skin color. When I go outside a lot it might get a little darker and when I stay home for a long time it usually gets a tad more pale but that's just what happens. There's never any intent.
    People who deliberately go tanning or use whitening cream are obsessive in my opinion and skin color is not something one should obsess over in my opinion.

Let alone those plastic surgeries.

2|1
    0|0
  • Just wow.

I wonder what drives people to do this themselves. Do they think people will treat them better? Or is it just about their self-image?

3|2
    2|1
    • Don’t they go hand in hand

• Show All
    • I know. It is just terrifying what she did to herself. I never liked her music or personality. But she used to be look nice.

Now, she is just a monster.

• Crazy what insecurities will drive a person to do

Most Helpful Girls

• From my perspective as a "Woke White Lady TM" I can appreciate the motivation to use skin bleaches. At least in the US, the lighter you are, the better you get treated, still, in 2018.

Ideally, I want every human to like who they see in the mirror and be proud of themselves, not just their looks, but proud of the entirety of who they are.

I don't need friends of color to try to be anything but authentic around me. I was raised in a culturally rich part of the country, around all different kinds of ethnic groups, and I don't see dark skin as undesirable or ugly.

But I know that is not the reality everyone lives in.

So, ultimately I feel it's a matter of free choice. And I am not going to criticize either choice - to lighten or keep natural. Same as I feel about natural hair vs. processed hair. I think it's your body and you get to do what you want with it.

But I can definitely appreciate that it is an issue of controversy in the black community, so I am not going to tell anyone else how to feel about it. As far as that goes, I am just an ally, and here to listen, not tell others how to conduct their lives.

1|1
    2|2
  • For a long time black men and women want to be treated the same as whites... they rightfully glorify their race as equal

And then some stupid people put that shit on their face...

So all that hard work has gone to pot wasted time of campaigners.. i can’t understand it,

Difference between suntanning and putting chemicals on is, folk tan naturally.. even black men and women tan it happens esp to those who work outdoors. How can anyone compare the two?

breast implants butt inplants to me are a waste of time and money.

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• i just think it's unfortunate.
    the strange thing is black people and also eastern Asian people often resort to lightening their skin, while many white people are working to darken their skin (tanning, bronzing, etc)

i was in thailand and it was such a strange phenomenon at the beach. many thais avoiding the sun and beach til evening ours while white americans baked in the sun all day

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not for it.
    I think black people should embrace their dark skin.
    I also believe, that white people altering their bodies is horrid.

4|2
    0|0
  • they do whats bes for them, if it makes you feel better. i use women perfume and body wash even though im a guy but if my skin reacts positively to it. fuck it. got compliments plus this some of these perfumes are mixed with my male curve cologne.

0|1
    1|0
  • This is why we need to encourage and promote the beauty in all skin colors. Being light skinned doesn't make someone more attracting nor does being dark skinned make someone less attractive.

4|1
    0|0
  • I could care less, but Black people used to use bleach in the 1960's to make a more white appearance. I dont know why. As Black people age they become more white if you haven't noticed. There was a older lady at my church when I was a kid , and didn't know she was black until I was told.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a choice black women make and no one with a brain would tell them to stop because...
    1) Black Women get hostile if you judge them, whether its lifestyle choices, appearence or anything else
    2) It makes a lot of black women feel good so why stop them?

We can promote natural black beauty but the fact of the matter is beauty standards are different for everyone. You can't tell someone "She's beautiful! Date her" without people who are gonna run. People want what they want and you can't change that.

0|0
    2|0
    • Black people, not black women.

Don’t know what ur going on about at the end

• Show All
    • Right. Negativity is what makes everyone do better. You are so smart. Get outta here

• @MeganTheButterfly
      Except negativity does work. shame keeps people from doing bad things. 1984 was the perfect world for Big Brother and their high class members, but for everyone else it was Hell. If you're willing to ignore the bad then you're not going to make the world better

• I don't care, if they want to look whiter, well, good for them, that's not my business. I'd be just worried about the side effects on the skin tho.

0|0
    1|0
  • Tell white people to stop tanning. They're butts are pale and they need to accept that

1|0
    0|0
  • What are the potential medical risks/rewards of skin lightening.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's all frivolous.

1|1
    0|0
  • It looks like it does nothing

1|1
    0|0
  • Truly sad.

2|0
    0|0
  • They shouldn't be used: they're unhealthy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Their personal matter

1|2
    1|0
  • Should be ashamed

1|0
    1|1
  • It's all a bunch of bullshit

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Whitening creme is bullshit
    Equal tot GE other bullshits

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never used it. It just makes you uglier. If you weren’t born light skin then you don’t need to be light skinned.

1|1
    0|1
  • I literally got a skin bleaching advertisement right beneath your question 😂😂 but yeah, I think it's absolutely insane the people risk getting skin cancer just to be a few shades lighter. though it also shouldn't come as a total surprise since light skinned women are pretty much seen as the ideal

1|0
    0|0
  • I am equally against all things that change your natural body unless it's for medical reasons

1|1
    0|0
  • I’m personally against all of it but suntanning. That’s natural. But I’m not against it in white communities. I just think unnatural body modifications are stupid for anyone. However I’d never say anything or try to stop someone from doing it. People are allowed to disagree with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand people not being comfortable with who they are. It makes me sad. With that being said, if people want to do those things, it's not for me to judge.

1|1
    0|0
  • If they want to lighten their skin that's their own personal choice. I'm not going to tell someone it's wrong for them to do what they think will make them feel better about theirselves.

0|0
    1|0
  • It’s none of anyone’s business.

1|1
    1|0
  • A disgrace

2|0
    1|1
  • I don't care

1|0
    1|0
  • Should I care?