Would you split the money with your partner, or take all of it for yourself?

You and your partner won $1,000,000 however, you did better than your partner and have the power to choose to either split the money with your partner, $500,000 each, or take all of it for yourself, leaving your partner with nothing. What would you do? For me, it would depend on my relationship with my partner, and I would take a few minutes to reflect on it, as well as how much I really need that money before making decision. Would you split the money with your partner, or take all of it for yourself?
  • Take all of the money for yourself
  • Split the money with your partner
By partner, I don't mean a romantic partner. It could be someone you know in real life, or a stranger.

110

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd split it...
    he'd want it all... lol it would turn into 25% and 75% because he's "in charge" LOL!

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't take it all, but I'd divide it in a way that was proportional to our respective contributions. If I did 75% of the work, I'd take 75% of the winnings, if I did 90% of the work, I'd take 90% of the winnings, and so on. My partner would understand, because if she didn't value merit and conscientiousness, she wouldn't be my partner anyway. Plus, it would hardly matter how we divided the winnings, because we would each probably end up spending our share of the winnings on things that would benefit both of us anyway.

• Oh, I was under the impression this was a romantic partner. If it were a random person, I'd take 100% without hesitation. I don't give a single fuck.

• Then I'd take it all in a heart beat.

• By the way, you should've clarified that it was a random person, not a romantic partner--because it seems I wasn't the only one confused. It might change a lot of answers.