Do guys want to tell random chicks that they’re beautiful in real life or does that phenomenon only occur online?

90% of guys online start conversation by telling chicks they’re beautiful. Maybe 1% of guys in real life start convo that way. Where is the truth actually being told?

20100

Most Helpful Guys

• I mean, sure, I've had moments where I wanted to tell a woman that she was very hot/beautiful. But what's that going to give me? It's not like the girl will reply: "oh that's so sweet, do you wanna come home with me?" More likely, she will think I'm a creep. So... it's better to keep those things to yourself.

• :(
      I mean, it's not like you're expecting anything right? It's just a compliment. I'd be like "aw thanks".
      And life goes on

• Well thank you :D
      Hope you have an amazing rest of your day

• Online communication let's people project tone onto their communication in a way that doesn't carry over to other people. Most guys are filled with positive emotion when they see a beautiful girl, and the only thing clamping down on that is the social anxiety of potential rejection, even if they have no intention of asking them out.

For men, If a beautiful woman looks at you disapprovingly, it just wrecks you. Social relevance never comes into the picture.

But online, men dont get that; there isn't anxiety around it, so many men have the happy response of:

"Seeing this person made me smile, how cool is that! They should know they made me happy, and be happy too."

That's literally all the thought that internet stranger complimenters put into it. They aren't thinking it through, and in their head it's not a focal point of the conversation, it's an ice breaker.

Most Helpful Girls

• Ummm, well I never get hit on online, but I don't post my pics. But In real life I've had many variations of the *beautiful* compliment. I think guys online are doing it cuz they're desperate, but that's just where my head goes when a guy randomly sends me some *send me a titty pic* comment

• It's mostly just online from what I can tell. It's like because they are behind a screen they forget that there is another actual person on the other side.