Do you think most millennials are entitled and lazy?

• Yes
  • No
  • Results
    Vote C

3196

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, when you've put in 50 job applications within a one year period and only got one interview, you start looking for other means of earning money.

I blame the internet. It was much easier to get a job 10 years ago, because you actually had to walk around and look for one. Now every employer posts job openings on the internet, so people now know about jobs that they didn't know about previously.

But for me personally, my parents never made me work 'cuz they said, "You'll get a good job after college. You are to smart to be flipping burgers."

I mainly blame American culture. They expect you to flip burgers at 16 and work your way up. Or work for free before you work for pay.

And if you don't find a job you can just get benefits. There is simply no incentive to work anymore.

I don't know. 10 years ago if you wanted a pair of shoes you had to work for them, I don't know how parents today are raising their kids.

But I will admit that all the trips and things I've gotten in life were with someone else's money. So for me, there was never no incentive to work. Because I came to realized that I can get things the easy way. Now my mom takes responsibility. She says she should've put me to work at an early age. She admits that neither she nor my father taught me any work ethic. But at the same time, when you're in your 30s you have to work and support a family, and when you're old you're too weak and tired. Your 20s are the time to have fun.

This is also because asshole employers don't want to give you vacation time, so young people like myself say, "Okay, if I wanna travel and have some fun, high school and college is the time to do it."

Most people will work for nothing except to pay bills.
    Really it's American culture that needs to change, so people actually get something for their hard work.

• As a biased millennial. No, I don't think so. But I defer to Gary V on this topic. Even if that were true, who raised them to be entitled? It's one thing to blame your problems on your parents. It's another for the parents to blame their children's downfalls on them, when it was shitty parenting that led to it.

Previous generation fucked the economy up, put our generation in a school system that is universally agreed to suck, told us to go to college when a degree gives you nothing and now with that debt tons of my generation are fighting that with no real job to speak of unless they went the route of business, doctor or lawyer. All in a world where the internet is changing everything anyways. We may have the resources now, but no one showed us how to use them. We're learning as we go along. Yet, after all of that. My generation is shit on for being entitled. Fuck that. Sure, there are entitied people in my group. But older generations are shitting on the next because they don't know any better. 10 years from now my generation will shit on the next.

Ultimately we're all doing the best we can with the tools we've been given.

Most Helpful Girls

• As a millenial I have busted my ass for EVERY job I have had and still somehow became unemployed because no one would respond to my applications or my area of "expertise" is currently low demand.

I even have a master's degree!!!

I just think millenials have a harder time making ends meet or finding jobs than previous generations...