Do you think most millennials are entitled and lazy?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, when you've put in 50 job applications within a one year period and only got one interview, you start looking for other means of earning money.

I blame the internet. It was much easier to get a job 10 years ago, because you actually had to walk around and look for one. Now every employer posts job openings on the internet, so people now know about jobs that they didn't know about previously.

But for me personally, my parents never made me work 'cuz they said, "You'll get a good job after college. You are to smart to be flipping burgers."

I mainly blame American culture. They expect you to flip burgers at 16 and work your way up. Or work for free before you work for pay.

And if you don't find a job you can just get benefits. There is simply no incentive to work anymore.

I don't know. 10 years ago if you wanted a pair of shoes you had to work for them, I don't know how parents today are raising their kids.

But I will admit that all the trips and things I've gotten in life were with someone else's money. So for me, there was never no incentive to work. Because I came to realized that I can get things the easy way. Now my mom takes responsibility. She says she should've put me to work at an early age. She admits that neither she nor my father taught me any work ethic. But at the same time, when you're in your 30s you have to work and support a family, and when you're old you're too weak and tired. Your 20s are the time to have fun.

This is also because asshole employers don't want to give you vacation time, so young people like myself say, "Okay, if I wanna travel and have some fun, high school and college is the time to do it."

Most people will work for nothing except to pay bills.
    Really it's American culture that needs to change, so people actually get something for their hard work.

2|2
    0|0
  • As a biased millennial. No, I don't think so. But I defer to Gary V on this topic. Even if that were true, who raised them to be entitled? It's one thing to blame your problems on your parents. It's another for the parents to blame their children's downfalls on them, when it was shitty parenting that led to it.

Previous generation fucked the economy up, put our generation in a school system that is universally agreed to suck, told us to go to college when a degree gives you nothing and now with that debt tons of my generation are fighting that with no real job to speak of unless they went the route of business, doctor or lawyer. All in a world where the internet is changing everything anyways. We may have the resources now, but no one showed us how to use them. We're learning as we go along. Yet, after all of that. My generation is shit on for being entitled. Fuck that. Sure, there are entitied people in my group. But older generations are shitting on the next because they don't know any better. 10 years from now my generation will shit on the next.

Ultimately we're all doing the best we can with the tools we've been given.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• As a millenial I have busted my ass for EVERY job I have had and still somehow became unemployed because no one would respond to my applications or my area of "expertise" is currently low demand.

I even have a master's degree!!!

I just think millenials have a harder time making ends meet or finding jobs than previous generations...

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 94

• No, most millenials are not lazy and entitled, but those who are seem to get much attention.

1|3
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say most. There are a lot who are entitled and a lot who are lazy but I blame the parents rather than them (although they aren't void of responsibility).

0|0
    0|0
  • Millenials are from 1981-1997 and I hear boomers and other generations say this a lot, but what are millenials entitled to that they keep spouting? A decent standard of living? 🙄

I work two jobs and find other ways to make extra money to build a savings, which has been a regular thing this year. I must be sooo lazy huh.

1|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Yea, thats the one. I guess they would be happy if WW3 started in our lives. Plus we should be happy to work more and more for less and less money.
      Capitalism and greed is slowly killing everything basicly.

• Show All
    • 4d

@Richareens no offense but that video was full of shit and only demonizes poor people. It assumes all poor people are poor because they buy lotto tickets, don’t invest, or they’re strictly poor because all of their own doings.

It fails to take into consideration of wages remaining stagnant while inflation has increased dramatically over the years. Not to mention the interest rates on student loans and other things.

• 4d

Also in what world does that guy think we live in where poor people or middle class people for that matter just have extra money to put towards investments?

• There have been entitled and lazy people in every generation. The main thing that has actually changed is that there are FAR more people who are "special snowflakes" and who think that the whole world needs to change so that their precious feelings aren't hurt.

2|1
    0|0
    • 4d

You mean the same special snowflakes who got butthurt over blacks using the same water fountains as whites? (Which by the way was the Baby Boomers). Or in today’s world, the same special snowflakes who get their feelings hurt over two guys getting married?

• No, millennials are getting educated. I think the older generation was lazy because they just submitted to their way of life without thinking or trying to research why things are the way they are.
    Intense thought and education are just as difficult as manual labor.

3|2
    0|1
  • Not at all, minimum wage does deserve minimum effort.

However give us a job and we will do it. Typically we do it very well.

Entitlement is relative.

We want the same opportunities and economic prosperity our parents were afforded. Works hard to get into college and am now 10’s of 1000’s of dollars in debt.

A lot of us are tired, extremely depressed and anxious due to our current situation, our productivity may take a hit because of that fact in an already low paying job.

1|0
    0|1
  • I am tired of this stereotype. Next semester I am taking 19 credit hours in university, studying independently for the EA Exam, am an officer in two RSOs, and am looking to work through tax season as well.

I work damn hard and the people calling my entire generation lazy are mostly people who are in their 40s working for barely over minimum wage.

1|1
    0|0
  • Millennials work longer hours, take less vacations, and work internships where they work for free. Baby boomers were the lazy ones, in comparison.

3|2
    0|0
  • I think a lot are but it also reflects the same mentality in the boomers at the same period in their lives. We saw a lot of the same attitudes permeating the 60s and 70s. Gen CX is always left out because they have a different mentality it seems.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my avocado toast, and you can fight me to the death if you try to take it away.

3|1
    0|0
  • Many are but many more are purposeless. Hard to find meaning now a days. The Cold War gave my grandfather meaning.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know many personally, but a few do live down to the stereotype perpetuated in the mainstream media. I acknowledge that, being a blue collar person, I'm less likely to be exposed to entitled and lazy adults.

1|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say most, but in the West, there's many millenials that are entitled brats. They want everything free and with little effort. They complain when life gets a little bit hard and expect someone else (say the government) to fix it for them. There's this glorification of negative attributes in order to gain pity from others and get something out of them.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

"free" as in they're more willing to let their taxes work for them.

As for the other stuff, that might just be a local thing. I'm from New York, most people I have on social media from highschool and college are out there working hard. And if you're referring to needing health care as a life getting a little bit hard, I don't know what to tell you

• 5d

I've met a lot of grownass people who also want everything for free. There isn't a single person on this planet who would pass up the opportunity to get money without working

• I am legit to lazy to even know what a millennnials are.
    But i am just gonna guess in the middle cause people can be lazy but people can be not and there are quite a lot who aren't and are.
    I mean you see about 50 people go to the gym then about 50 people stay at home and play computer games or watch stuff.

So same, So same

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Heck even this opinion proves this point i just wrote all that when i could of just wrote the frist sentance and only that.
      Which someone probably has on this question wrote a one sentance opinion.

• Big time. They have this stupid mentallity that everyone is entitled to a piece of the pie even though they just sit on their ass all day, and if you don't give them what they desire they will accuse you of being heartless or greedy.

2|1
    0|2
  • Yes, definitely. I blame it on their parents. They've been fed a line of bullshit since they could walk.
    Ever heard of a 'participation trophy'? I rest my case.

1|3
    1|3
  • Statistically speaking, millennials on average work more hours than previous generations.

3|4
    0|0
  • Just to add, millennials is anyone 37 or younger.

Its not really a "young people" thing, like a lot of dumb adults like to claim.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I think baby boomers are the lazy and entitled ones

They took an economy that allowed people to buy a house without a college degree and shit all over it

1|2
    0|0
  • I think thats more of a false sterotype people like to throw out there
    Older generations be like “you guys are so lazy!” Then be like “why dont you have kids! Stop working and have kids!”
    Shut up older generations you guys have caused enough shit

3|0
    0|0
  • Iam from India and I can see our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi working off the clock.

Some times he gets to sleep only on alternate days.

I don't like this politics thing, but really am amazed by his commitment to our country and it's people.

Hope he stays for long.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will say no, but I feel that the proportion of lazy and/or entitled millennials is too damn high...
    Like the rent...
    Get it? Because the debt is too damn high! LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • Where I work I am a greeter. Most of the time someone under 20 has this huge attitude when I say hello to them. Especially the girls, and instead of saying hello in return they just give me this crazy look. They're not all like that, there are some that can think for themselves and actually have manners.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's difficult to say, because millennials I know are not. That's not to say there isn't any, but there are very few (if any) that are - that I'M aware of.

3|0
    0|0
  • Even though I was born in a weathier family, but I did work my ass off and enduring a lot of difficulties. Economy now is tough. Big debt! high energy price. Low growth in market demand. Man, this environment is sugar house. It is ROUGH!

1|1
    0|0
  • I've heard of the Baby Boomers but what does the millennium's represent
    and whatt year are they?

1|0
    0|0
  • Answering any question with an absolute is almost always incorrect. No, not all millennials are entitled and lazy, and not all older folks are hard working and earnest.
    Being a dick is an individual thing. Depends on the person.

2|0
    0|0
  • Most milennials are not lazy or entitled as we've been in the work force for many years. Your generation, gen z is definitely on the lazy, entitled side though.

1|0
    2|0
    • 4d

Don't know why you would down vote that other than you being entitled.

• Heh. Just wait for next arbitrary defined generation.
    From youngest age with tech, constantly online, used to get everything instantly…
    God forbid war.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think they're entitled and lazy. I think they're depressed, anxious and are for a lack of a better term, lost. Laziness and entitlement are merely manifestations of those mental states. Just my two cents though, could be wrong.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• No. We are pegged that way because we aren’t going to put up with the same shit baby boomers did. Now is gen z lazy? Hell yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 half of us really want to be taken seriously and be given a chance, we will literally take anything we can get. We are willing to work hard and constantly feel like we have to prove are self's not to be seen as snow flakes so we constantly push are self's sometimes even a little to much to the point were working are self's to death doing over time till midnight and living off of energy drinks. I don't like to generalised but most of these types come from strict families, grow up being told to shut up and put up basically.

The other side have grown up being told they are special and can do whatever they want in life this has gave them a sense of entitlement. They will look down on normal regular jobs because the expect to become a COE of some awesome trendy company with hardly no work experience by time their 20.

They've had everything done for them and have been spoilt so don't feel the need to work for anything in life, they don't have any motivation and think trying their best is good enough when it's really not. If things become the slightest bit inconvenient for them they play victim because that always worked at home for them.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I can feel the people who belong to group 1, being told to shut up and that older people have had it harder in the past which I can agree is true but sometimes it can still feel a bit pressurising.

• Im part of generation z and I definitely feel that millennials are entitled and prefer the “easy way” of things. My generation is the same way but what bothers me the most is when older generations feel entitled to respect. I’m sorry but respect is earned just like everything else.

1|1
    0|0
    • 4d

If I said the last statement to my old folks, they’d kick my ass😂

• It's the norm to be lazier now then back in the let's just say 1900's, technology is a massive part of my generation and other generations below and above mine and a lot of parents and grandparents don't really understand why their children and grandchildren are being so lazy but it's just how it is now

1|0
    0|0
  • We actually work more hours than previous generations. I think baby boomers are the worst. They had an economy where you could buy a house without a college degree and pay for college tuition with a summer job, they ruined that for us.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s not like it’s a option to be lazy to survive. Baby Boomers didn’t have to have a degree or education to enter pretty much any job as long they have connection/know people, most jobs in their time was excepted to begin entry level and learn along. Having a paper didn’t matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all. But the ones that are I blame their parents for raising them that way.

2|2
    0|0
  • Not all but yes compared to previous generations though the baby boomers were far lazier and bigger wasters.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, and I'm starting to think there isn't much truth to any stereotype.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do in way taught gotta work hard for it. And nothing wrong with knowing what you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • These are only old people complaining about us but that’s all they do- complain.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, our generation is awful
    they never had to work for everything
    they're still daddy's girl, mommy's boy even in their 20s

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate that stereotype so much

3|5
    0|0
  • They need to wake up stop dreaming start living in real life!

1|0
    0|0
  • We’re all considered lazy and all that until the other generations start asking for our help, eh?

1|0
    0|0
  • Obama forgot to Take Them with Hmmmmm. xx

1|0
    0|1
  • No, not at all.

2|0
    0|0
  • its hard to want to live when we have no future.

2|0
    0|0
  • To be honest I know I am most of the time lol

1|0
    0|0
  • never

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of them

1|0
    0|1
  • Before the millenials, there were the baby-boomers, who are now getting older and afraid of getting set aside. It is like that a lot, at least where I live now in SoCal. Getting older is a bad thing. But I used to live in eastern asia where getting older is a sign of maturity and wisdom and power.
    Anyway, the baby boomers feel threatned by the new generation, and so have started calling them names to cover their own insecurities. That's all. If you actually look at it, millenials are facing more competiton, and are in general more educated and more skilled. But they are still facing challenges that the previous generations hardly knew about.

1|0
    0|0
  • They can't handle real world stress and complain a lot while making up lots of excuses.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think millennials are entitled and lazy, but I do think things have changed a lot over the past few generations

1|0
    0|0
  • No. There are entitled and lazy teens in any generation lol. I know many millennials who are advocates in their community.

1|1
    0|0
  • No way 🤣

1|0
    0|0
  • No I get so annoyed when an older person says “your generation is messed up or entitled” ... Let’s talk about your generation Susan.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes and I am one

1|0
    0|0
  • No. The difference is we work just as hard as the boomers and our parents but never move up because y'all fucked the economy and education and healthcare will put you in lifelong debt now.

3|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes