Should Saudi Arabia respect all women's rights?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I don't know
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Why should anyone not have rights respected?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Here's a huge problem for everybody in the world - everyone wants to apply their own cultural values to every other country on the planet. This makes sense if you're trying to emigrate somewhere, but it doesn't make sense when you are on the outside looking in on a culture that is radically different from your own.

People have been trying for 1300 years to change the culture of the Arab countries to be more like the west. It didn't work then, and it's still not working now.

0|1
    0|0
  • That depends on the criteria used.

People generally don't try to do mass-evil, laughing like a stereotypical villain inside their lair while surrounded by a thunderstorm in the dead of night. What they generally do is try to enforce their own morals.

In the case of Saudi Arabia, this seems to be the case, assuming reliable translations of the media I've seen from their side of the world. For example: With the now-defunct ban on driving for women, they apparently saw it as providing all women with chauffeurs and bodyguards to make their lives safer and easier.

I may not always agree with their regulations, but I'm not their citizen, I'm not in their jurisdiction, they are, and they are entitled to their own perspectives.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Not just Saudi Arabia, but every nation needs to

0|0
    0|0
  • Duh.

0|0
    0|2
  • That's expected everywhere in the world duh

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• They don't at all everytime the WWE goes over there to put on a show they just don't allow the WWE their women to come over. No women on the show is allowed to perform

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally, yes, but at the end of the day, it's their country.

0|1
    1|0
  • Of course. Let's hope someone can move them into that direction!

0|0
    0|0
  • A big fat duh

And that should be everywhere as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaaa think so, and love the law and regulations in Saudi Arabia, it is strict and good..

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it should.

0|0
    0|0
  • All places should respect all womens' rights

0|0
    0|0
  • why shouldn't they?

the u. s. doesn't even do it, themselves

0|1
    0|1