Thoughts on the holidays/christmas? Should we say happy holidays?

I heard recently about people being upset that there was a war on Christmas, and watching t. v. today made me think of it again. It's just after the middle of hanukah and the 2018 US capitol Christmas tree is happening... and it's late. Christmas usually suffocates other holidays like Hanukkah for an entire month before it eve. Why do we spend so much time focusing on a single day? Personally, I feel like we should say happy holidays until at least the week of Christmas.

27

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no War on Christmas

People who says that there is one lack any sense of reality

• I agree entirely. The only war related to Christmas is to commercialize it as much as possible.

• People on the right need to stop being snowflakes

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a good point. It is quite disrespectful to other holidays that Christmas takes up so much time. I do think that the "Christmas spirit" is a good thing and it should go on for a while. We should probably say "happy holidays" until the week or so before Christmas, in my opinion.

• I agree, I love Christmas spirit, but even for me it can be overwhelming when I have to spend an entire month thinking about a single day. Seeing people set up decorations in November always makes me roll my eyes, it's too much time and money dedicated to one holiday in my opinion.