How common would illegal abortions be if the punishment was crucifixion or hanging?

I’m curious to see your opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Would rapists and men who beat pregnant women get the same punishment?

0|2
    0|0
    • That's such a strange comment to me. Do you think the reason most women get pregnant is because they were raped?

• Show All
    • I’m not asking about the statistics. I’m asking if that would be the punishment. Even if it didn’t result in an abortion. Also, the punishment for murder isn’t hanging or crucifixion.

• Alrighty?

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably at about a similar rate. We know for example that in antiquity infanticide was pretty common. Finding a dead baby in the street wasn’t much different from finding a dead dog in the street. Our increased value of the lives of children is a pretty recent phenomenon. Women have abortions for the same reasons they used to kill born babies, the man won’t be around, social stigmatization, lack of a social safety net (familial disownment for example).

If you really want to curb the rate of infanticide or abortion you’d have to find a way to prevent women from getting pregnant overly young, and force the man to remain with the woman and read the child. This would require pretty massive government or social intervention though and that would lead to its own problems. In the interim I’d say the most pragmatic solution is education on safe sex practices.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's kinda harsh can't we just kill them the same way that aborted babies are killed? how do they do that?

0|1
    1|1
    • That’s almost worse than crucifixion.

• Show All
    • @ashleyb93 we should at least try

• Youd look pretty damn stupid lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• It would still be very common. Abortions are always done for a very important REASON. Sometimes many reasons. Women dont just have them for fun...

1|1
    0|0
    • Not all of them are.

• Show All
    • And again Spartan your opinion literally means nothing at all to anyone zzzzz

• Let it out

• Sadly, probably still common.

0|0
    0|1
    • Why is that?

• Show All
    • @Zodiac10 That would be just as bad.

What Guys Said 9

• Just as common. Severity of punishment doesn't deter crime.

And, itll force women to get unsafe abortions elsewhere. Making them illegal is dumb and rather oppressive in my opinion.

1|0
    0|1
  • You should ALWAYS have an abortion if the child does not belong to someone who is currently your wife ASAP. No exceptions. Period. With that being said, if you are fucking someone that's not your wife, take as much birth control precautions as possible - that means wearing a condom and taking the birth control pill - both of those things - and then use abortion as a last resort if all else fails.

0|1
    0|1
  • Preaty common cause trying to inforce this crazy law will start a civil war

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I don’t think so.

• Show All
    • And why does that mean we need to wipe out 87% of humanity?

• Because the reduction in fossil fuel use for driving cars powering are houses producing products and the reduction of green house gases released from mass farming will greatly reduce or even stop the temperature increases

• Sorry religious nuts, but abortions will not be illegal

2|2
    1|3
  • Probably more common in reality, people will see it as an even bigger front to their rights and go out of their way to have it done illegally

0|0
    0|0
  • Whom would we be hanging? The mother or the abortionist?

0|0
    0|0
  • There would be more abortions. Danger is sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would shoot someone if they crucified a woman for having an abortion.

2|0
    0|1
  • That would be too lenient.

0|2
    1|2

Recommended myTakes