How common would illegal abortions be if the punishment was crucifixion or hanging?

I’m curious to see your opinion.

311

Most Helpful Girl

• Would rapists and men who beat pregnant women get the same punishment?

• That's such a strange comment to me. Do you think the reason most women get pregnant is because they were raped?

• I’m not asking about the statistics. I’m asking if that would be the punishment. Even if it didn’t result in an abortion. Also, the punishment for murder isn’t hanging or crucifixion.

• Alrighty?

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably at about a similar rate. We know for example that in antiquity infanticide was pretty common. Finding a dead baby in the street wasn’t much different from finding a dead dog in the street. Our increased value of the lives of children is a pretty recent phenomenon. Women have abortions for the same reasons they used to kill born babies, the man won’t be around, social stigmatization, lack of a social safety net (familial disownment for example).

If you really want to curb the rate of infanticide or abortion you’d have to find a way to prevent women from getting pregnant overly young, and force the man to remain with the woman and read the child. This would require pretty massive government or social intervention though and that would lead to its own problems. In the interim I’d say the most pragmatic solution is education on safe sex practices.

• That's kinda harsh can't we just kill them the same way that aborted babies are killed? how do they do that?

• That’s almost worse than crucifixion.

• @ashleyb93 we should at least try

• Youd look pretty damn stupid lol