Weed, should it be legal or not?

I have my opinion based on what I've researched, but I want to hear what others have to say.

217

Most Helpful Girl

• I have my concerns about it becoming the new alcohol and people driving under the influence. But I think it should be legal, thousands of people are doing it already, making it legal will make it taxed and be a good economic move and it seems to help people who have chronic pain/other illnesses.

Most Helpful Guys

• Legal. It's great for the economy and has been proven to help people with certain conditions. The only risk is abuse. Smoking too much just like drinking too much. So there would have to be some restrictions.

• In the US, the federal government should just turn that one over to the states, since several of them have taken it upon themselves anyway.

This is not an issue I care enough about to actively support or oppose it. I am inclined to oppose it just because an area I used to spend a lot of time in has since become a disgusting sh*thole because everyone is high all the time, and from a medicinal standpoint, it's a treatment at best and not really a viable cure for anything. On the other hand, I don't think it's cost-effective to be actively trying to crack down on it when there are worse substances and bigger priorities out there.