What's an experience that changed the way you view the world?

I'm feeling very introspective today. I've been thinking a lot about the things that have changed me. I wanted to see what other people have experienced and try to learn something.

2625

Most Helpful Guys

• 2 big ones for me , serving in the British Army and passing the infamous P Company... Paratroop selection and training , it taught me I could do far more than I thought. Being deployed on operations really changes a world view !! Becoming and being a father , I am primary custody parent too and still working FT. Have battled and defeated depression and PTSD

• It’s nice to know someone beat depression. I hope one day I can.

• @courtney06 Dig deep , develop a strong will and you can... it is a tough opponent , you have to fight it like fighting in a Lethwei match , then you will beat it.

• Visiting Puru on mission trip to repair an orphanage for sexually abused and homeless children. I'd never seen so many kids who have nothing, no parents, just these two Christians with heart to run this center. They had to turn kids away because they didn't have space. The kids were so... wanting... of someone to love them, guidance, hope. Couldn't talk to them as I didn't speak the language, so it was just presence to communicate.

So when I see people trying to get in the country, I see why and I think..

Most Helpful Girls

• Two things in life so far:
    Being in a narcissistic relationship and coming out alive (he thought throwing furniture and screaming he wanted to kill me/wanted me dead would keep me with him?).
    The death of immediate family after both short and long term illness.
    Moral of it all? Live for today, plan for tomorrow but expect the unexpected.

• Getting into a car accident: how your life can nearly be taken from you in less than seconds.

Pregnancy scare/abortion: How reality can hit you when making life changing decisions. Listening to your heart as well.

From Christianity to Atheism: How people’s opinions may or may not matter but understanding to respect their beliefs/opinions before judgement.

Losing Your Parents/Grief: Living a life that is only temporary and wishing to spend more time with them before they leave your life for good.