If aliens were to contact us, would they likely be hostile or friendly?

I tend to lean towards friendly because I can’t see what they would have to gain from hostility if they’re that advanced. Wouldn’t they just not care sooner than attack if they saw us? But then you have to imagine, what about a species that has a Columbus-esque desire to dominate all other life and take over the galaxy?
  • Hostile
  • Friendly

28

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm, I said hostile because... think about it. lets say that people on earth where technologically advanced enough and we had found life on another planet. as soon as we make sure its not a threat, don't you think we would try to control it or try and take its planet or something? im not sure if this makes sense but yeah. wouldn't aliens try to do the same thing? if they found a planet full of humans, wouldn't they try to enslave us or something? because why would they try and be peaceful with us when they could just over power us or use us? this is my point of view because its what humans themselves have always done in the past, for example the Egyptians discovered other human life and used it to their advantage by enslaving them.

• Honestly, I don’t think people in the space age would do that. I think some factions of people would but there would be others who would either resist or regulate that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Might be both. Some might be friendly others hostile. The hostile ones would probably appear as friendly. Words are more effective than force

• Like that Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man”

• No idea but I feel like there was one about reptilians or a similar show/movie