If aliens were to contact us, would they likely be hostile or friendly?

I tend to lean towards friendly because I can’t see what they would have to gain from hostility if they’re that advanced. Wouldn’t they just not care sooner than attack if they saw us? But then you have to imagine, what about a species that has a Columbus-esque desire to dominate all other life and take over the galaxy?
  • Hostile
    Vote A
  • Friendly
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm, I said hostile because... think about it. lets say that people on earth where technologically advanced enough and we had found life on another planet. as soon as we make sure its not a threat, don't you think we would try to control it or try and take its planet or something? im not sure if this makes sense but yeah. wouldn't aliens try to do the same thing? if they found a planet full of humans, wouldn't they try to enslave us or something? because why would they try and be peaceful with us when they could just over power us or use us? this is my point of view because its what humans themselves have always done in the past, for example the Egyptians discovered other human life and used it to their advantage by enslaving them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Honestly, I don’t think people in the space age would do that. I think some factions of people would but there would be others who would either resist or regulate that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Might be both. Some might be friendly others hostile. The hostile ones would probably appear as friendly. Words are more effective than force

0|0
    0|0
    • Like that Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man”

• No idea but I feel like there was one about reptilians or a similar show/movie

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• Hostile. They have nothing to gain from us besides resources. Our planet is covered with diseases and hazards that they may or may not be able to take care of.

0|0
    0|0
  • A race that advanced with the required tech to contact would be smart enough to not contact the most idiotic race (that's us) in the entire cosmos!

0|0
    0|0
  • If they contacted us, friendly. Hostiles would just wipe us out and conform the planet to their needs or enslave us and occupy the planet

0|0
    0|0
  • Hostile. Nature is perpetual struggle and warfare. Why should the mingling of 2 species from different planets be any different?

0|0
    0|0
    • Say two species are being attacked by one species, would that not prompt them to work together?

• Show All
    • So its at least possible that in space, there are alliances out there which base themselves on the mutual benefits of group cohesion. I mean its not like the same dynamics apply between two species which probably occupy different territories and can’t even breed together.

• Hostile. All humans were hostile to each other when they were aliens. Columbus and the europeans conquored and enslaved people of the americas and white nibbas are always in the missionary position spreading the word of holy jesus through means of indoctrination, sometimes violently in less educated cultures like mesoamerica or africa or the USA.

I think sentient aliens might want to alienate us like we did to each other. Humans have killed in order to assimilate, why wouldn't aliens do the same. Only because of the superiority complex white cultures (not France, lmao) have, I don't think we'd go easily.

Aliens would be all "be like us" and america would be all "suck my titties, you green sum bitch" and then the aliens would be like "then die!" And america would say something along the lines of "oh noooo." And the aliens would win and the USAs ego would be the death and destruction of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on whether they meet Trump or not...

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd want them to feast on humanity. I'd help them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes