Legal action regarding Dog attacks?

Not sure if this is the right category. My parents own a dog (pitbull) that has the tendency to bite. He bites me more than anyone for some reason and i do everything i can to avoid it. IT HURTS! I want the dog to just be gone. To get rid of him. It's only a matter of time before something serious happens. If my parents won't do anything about the dog, what would happen if i call the police after getting attacked by the dog again? (Only a matter of time)

Will they automatically be charged when i don't want them to be?

Can they simply take the dog away and not do anything to my parents?

I'm sick of living in fear of a dog that I live with. Not knowing if I'm going to get bitten or not. Always having my guard up. I want the dog gone but i don't want anything to happen to my parents.

[Please don't tell me how stupid my parents are for not getting rid of him already. I know this]Legal action regarding Dog attacks?Legal action regarding Dog attacks?Legal action regarding Dog attacks?Legal action regarding Dog attacks?Legal action regarding Dog attacks?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• If it bites a family member woe be it to any visitor. These kind of dogs are unpredictable. If they won't get rid of them talk to animal control about your options.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you messing with the dog or playing with him? Because if so you're asking for it. It's rare for a dog to just bite for no reason. Those marks dont look like "attacks" as you put it. Looks like you were fucking around with the dog and it bit you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

No. If i can predict when he would bite, I would not be bitten. His behavior is hard to read. I don't even play with him because he bites in the process. (He does that unintentionally though) One time I opened my door to walk out not knowing he was there and he bit my dick. It comes out of nowhere. The time between each "attack" lengthens which would make you think that he's initially getting better. But it just makes the events more unpredictable.

• If that dog attacks someone they will be held responsible.

0|0
    0|0
  • shoot the dog. simple

0|1
    1|1
  • Ok but why is the dog on a trampoline

0|0
    0|0
  • Oww so bad

0|0
    0|0
  • You should go to the doctors and check those wounds out cause it can be dangerous and you should say NO loudly show him that you are the boss not him.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Have your parents forewarned. Have the police send the cop who will bitch out your parents with the riot act on keeping a dangerous pet. Then just call the police the next time you're attacked. Show the police the fresh bite marks and have these photos available to show them as well. Yes your parents will be pissed but they also will know you're right.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Here's another idea. Buy a self-defense can of Pepper Gel. Next time Barfy threatens you blast him with the Pepper Gel. The Gel has a dual action in that it also punishes the owner who will need to clean up the dog's fur. You'll only need to blast Barfy once.

• 2d

🙌 thank you

• If the dog is attacking you, just kill it. A baseball bat will work just fine.

0|2
    2|0
    • 3d

So insightful 🙄

• 2d

I would pull out a gun, personally, but I'd rather not fire inside the house.

• This situation is a disaster waiting to happen. In my country pit bulls have killed scores of people within the last few years, some of whom were the owners, or related to the owners, of the dogs. Their importation is currently banned here.
    So, brother, you and your folks need to take urgent action to get rid of that dog even if you have to shoot it.
    Kill that dog, if you have to, before it kills you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can contact animal control about it when they're not home and theyll deal with it. You don't need police involvement unless your parents get into it with animal control

0|0
    0|0
  • The default answer would be to call bylaw to come take the dangerous dog in. Your parents would probably be fined and could be barred from dog ownership though (probably a good thing). I'm also not sure if they'd get to know who made the call or not though, I assume they would if they were being fined.

Thats pretty uncool that they know the dogs hurting you like that and refuse to get rid of it though. To be fair I don't know the context of how the bites happened and am assuming you weren't being a jackass to the dog or anything.

On the other hand, some of those look more like scrapes than bites, were you roughhousing with the dog when it bit you by any chance? If your dad plays rough with it it just might be used to playing too rough.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

I don't play with him much because he bites. I stay away from him when he eats. I do what i can to NOT provoke such behavior from him. He will literally come out of nowhere biting me. Causally walking up to me and just jumps up at me or lunges at my legs to bite anything possible. One time he bit my dick when i opened the door to my room. I DID NOTHING.

• 2d

Yeah sounds like the dogs the problem.

• My chihuahua bit around 7 people including me , but he is a chihuahua

0|0
    0|0
  • next time he bites you punch him in the head real hard so he knows whos boss.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re over 25, move out

0|0
    1|1
    • 3d

I'm under 21. I don't put my information on the internet.

• Show All
    • 3d

Seems like you're giving a few shits right now

• 3d

I just don’t get why people fake their age on here.

• Your parents need to train that dog correctly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get rid of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya f you report it the dog will be taken away

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes