Would it creep you out if you received a personal phone call from an employee at a business you used?

I'm looking for the current view from people on this:

So we have an ongoing debate at work whether it's appropriate to call customers off hours. As the owner of the company, I have always thought it was wrong and kind of creepy and I've fired people for this.

I run a service business and we get customer contact info, including cell numbers, when they come in. Our customer base is mostly women and my employees are mostly men.

Many times my employees will think a woman is flirting when in reality she's simply being nice. It would be extremely easy for one of us to call her after hours.

Anyways, would it creep you out to get a call from a number you gave someone under the premise it was for business and not personal?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Hey so yes. That happened to me and i was totally weirded out. So i agree that it is really okay to fire them. Some women like me have a flirtatious personality and people always assume i flirt with them even when I'm talking about the weather.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Not knowing your situation, would it have been OK if the person asked you out in the business while you were conducting business? Something like, "hey we should grab a cup of coffee."

• 3d

Yea it would've been much better if he did that. Awkward but better

• 2d

Thank you.

• Yes it would. Sometimes I actually might be flirting but not always. Many guys have mistaken me in the past for just being nice.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Thank you for your opinion. I think many people flirt without necessarily wanting it to lead to anything more than just a flirt. I see this everyday.

Have you ever been contacted by someone after hours and not related to your business?

What Guys Said 2

• That behaviour is not on. Good on you for firing them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya the would be very unprofessional

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

If an attractive woman came to where you worked and you had access to her personal information, would you think about calling her?

• 3d

Maybe but I wouldn't do it

• 3d

It can be tempting sometimes, that's why I had to include that in the handbook

Recommended myTakes