Do women see men as equal partners when it comes to raising children?

Do women see men as equal partners when it come to raising children?
Parents
Parents
  • YES
  • NO

4253

Most Helpful Guys

• No. It is women who claim that we don't need fathers, its women who have pushed for the completely one sided divorce laws that prevent a father from having access to his own children and are the ones arguing that we don't need men in general (thus suggesting heavily that fathers are not needed (despite all evidence to the contrary). They also state that men don't contribute enough (even though their entire paycheck and thus physical labor goes to the woman and child). So no, women do not see men as equal partners.

• so many down votes from women that can't handle the truth... so sad. Sir i upvoted you because you told the truth... See my comment also

• @worldscolide The down votes by women are not unsurprising. Women have a strange need to support all women regardless of the womans behavior and to defend women even when they know that they are in the wrong. Its a strong in group bias (the "women are swell" affect, which has been documented scientifically) which unfortunately causes women to refuse to fix problems. Imagine if men functioned that way, if we refused to acknowledge the wrongs men do consistently, nothing would be resolved, this is the biggest issue with women as it pertains to male - female interactions, men acknowledge their basic impulses and faults so as to overcome them, women refuse to acknowledge their own forcing men to simply accept them even as they become destructive (like as you mentioned in your comment how women will use children to hurt their ex's, this has been documented since antiquity yet we are not allowed to acknowledge that women are the more vindictive gender which causes the problem to persist).

• Nope. Many women (around my age) think they should make most of the decisions when it comes to the kids, but the thing is that in my experience they are much worse at raising them (single mothers compared to single fathers).
    I think it would be better if the woman did more for the kids when they were very young like infant and toddler age, but the father should do more when they are preteen and teenage.
    When they are children ages 5 to 9, both parents should try to frequently spend quality time together to have a strong lasting bond with the kids.
    If they have both parents they should end up better off because each parent is good at different aspects of raising kids.

• True, many women are way more involved with parenting than their male counterparts. They seem to put way more interest in it and often just overdo it. Mothers tend to think and worry even before something happens, while fathers tend to let things develop and only interfere when the child really needs parental guidance.
      However i dont agree that single father households raise better children than single mother households. Maybe you think that because you often see bad behaved single mother raised individuals, but thats a selective observation. Based on the statistics, though, single fathers have significantly more household income, the kids turn out to have lower education. I haven't looked up crime stats yet, but that would be quite interesting to know, so look it up of you're free.
      On the rest, yeah, i totally agree with you

• Yeah, sure it definitely could seem that way, but as i said, its most likely selective observation.
      Well, id say that yeah, its totally because the lack of attention or time. Even if you give a kid attention, as a single parent you have to work most of the day.. At some point in the kids life there will be a period when they notice the parents absence. Be it in elementary school or in high school.. Sure, you can try to make that up by paying them a lot of attention when you're there but thats risky.. You might just spoil them.
      Anf ofc one parent feels way more unsafe.. Financially, emotionally, anything.. Your whole life is just half as stable with just one parent.
      The thing about custody and visiting arguments... Well isn't that first of all not always the case and secondly its not always so extreme that it escalades. Usually people compromise like the mature people they are. Also id say that the kid usually doesn't really knows what happens in the courtrooms.

• All in all id say most kinds turn out well in households with both parents because life is just easier and more fulfilled that way, not bc they evaded witnessing their parents fight for them

Most Helpful Girls

• Realistically equality just doesn’t work for at least the first year of babies life. Sure, it would be nice if child rearing could be 50/50 but especially if breastfeeding it’s just not possible. We have a 3 month old and it’s probably 80/20 at the moment... I’m with baby all day and do all of the night wake ups because I want hubby to sleep and be well rested for work. He does more of the grunt work on weekends while I catch up on housework and any prep for the following week but because I’m breastfeeding he’s still limited, there’s no way around that

• Can you buy a pump? You can put your milk in bottles and he could feed the baby.

• @nathanp97 I pump daily to build up a stash forwhen I return to work or should I be away from him in an emergency but he still won’t take a bottle despite trying 11 different brands and 16 different teats. He simply won’t take to one.
      Pumping also adds a lot of extra work in my day and I can’t miss a session or it messes with my supply. At the moment I’m only doing small amounts to freeze but to do it as a main source would literally take hours and hours I just don’t have

• @Chaz269 you mean generations passed when the average life expectancy was 40 and the childbirth mortality rate was 50% 🤨 yes. Thousands of “healthy” children right there

• Absolutely! (At least in our experience) If he wasn't there to wipe my son's bottom you better believe my baby daddy was hard at work slaving his ass off so he could provide food and shelter. Even if it never looked like he was doing the job of a daddy, he has never rested for a second making sure we are happy and living!

I think a lot of women forget that men work just as hard, sometimes even harder. Always thanklessly and they never stop to complain or say "hey look at how much I've done!" Because that is the job of a man.