Should the workers who are being forced to work without pay go on strike?

We all know the GOP hates Labor activism.
This would force them to pass the bills that passed the house.

2|1

Most Helpful Girls

• The bills passed the house? Woah and where are they now?

0|1
    0|0
    • The senate Majority leader is blocking them in the senate

• Show All
    • @DJB72 at least our head of state is elected

• Really?

Not by the majority of voters he wasn't. Your Electoral College actually chose the winner, not the electorate.

• Depends on whether they get back pay. But that back pay should have intrest.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Dude, I don't know why folks who were Federal employees stayed at their jobs when Trump won.

He makes the government out to be the enemy. He talked about shutting the government down long before he was elected. It was only a matter of time. Apparently, the most evil thing you can do in American society is work for the government.

So I would have quit long ago and found something else to do. We are in a very silly time now, folks simply do not have a firm grasp on reality when talking about simple concepts.

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't need to just go on strike, they need to take everyone in congress, one by one to a back ally and rough them up until they promise to pass a budget.

0|1
    0|0
    • Mugging the senate?

• Not mug the senate, just rough them up like the Mafia roughs up people to scare them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• hell yes. There is no way I am working for free. Pay up!

0|1
    0|0
  • is that legal? like is that not slavery? being FORCED to work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes half of them have kids and a responsibility that they need to take care of but some don’t have a paycheck so yeah definitely

0|1
    0|0
  • Just saw this on the news. They should absolutely go on strike and form a union

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Imagine working for free.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yess

0|1
    0|0
  • This may be a Good idea, Waffles. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • oh hell yes

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Go on strike? Hahahahahaha

You're FAR too young to remember the last time they tried that shit. President Reagan offered the 3ndays to come back to work or he would fire them all. A VERY VERY few came back to work. Three days later - those still on strike were fired!

Government workers are NOT allowed to strike! In fact, I don't know why ANY other public union has that right. There's NOTHING the govt manufacturers that earns an income to strike for. The ONLY thing they hold the entire country hostage for what? More money? Better working conditions? Better benefits? So yeah, let them strike and see how well that works for them - especially with Trump as President.

0|0
    0|1
    • Really who on earth would replace them.
      Prison guards walkout,
      Yeah you'll be dealing with potentially violent inmates, you will have to work nights and weekends, long hours, oh and we can't pay you.
      Yeah people will totally sign up for that

• That's part of the job when you accept it. You're told about striking at that point. Sorry , but certain jobs are NOT allowed to strike - IF you work at the Federal government level.

Truth be told, IF... Congress had done their damn jobs and presented a budget ON time (like they're supposed to by law), we wouldn't have this current situation. I don't care which political party runs which side. The ALL have a job to do and unfortunately they're not doing it well at all. Small wonder their job approval levels run in the mid-teens most of the time.

• Nah. They are all getting back pay so no biggie... just use your credit for now and you’ll get a fat pay check the day it comes to cover all those months no prob...

0|1
    0|0
  • They will get back pay, as always. But you do make a good point. With the amount forcibly extracted from my paychecks I work over 30 hours every two weeks without actually receiving pay for it. Maybe all taxpayers should go on strike? Just a thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unlike workers on strike these non striking people will be payed all that is owed to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Wokers who work without pay, are slaves.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure , they can have no pay and freeze to death

0|0
    0|1
    • And no one to keep federal prisoners locked up.
      No one to screen for bombs at the airport.

• Show All
    • Lets see, how about dylann roof shooting up black churches, how about right wing militia groups like the 3%ers
      How about cop killing soveriegn citizens.
      How about NeoNazi groups marching in support of the president.
      How about trump supporters taking over a federal building.

• And you would literally have to be a fucking moron to not realize it was fucking Mcveigh and Nicols.

• No pay, No work

0|1
    0|0
    • They need to put pressure on the ones that caused it , Schumer and Pelosi

• @Poormanscomedian really cause its literally the President who is refusing to sign any legislation passed that doesn't include funding for his stupid wall

• Why? They’ll eventually be retroactively paid.

0|2
    0|0
  • yes or peacfully protest

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes! Go on strike... Or better yet go-slow

0|1
    0|0
  • Damn skippy

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i think they should