Should women be included in the draft?

221

Most Helpful Guys

• If we are going to continue keeping all military occupations open to women, then yes.

In my opinion, they should just leave the physical standards for combat jobs on par with that of men, to ensure that there are no weak links in the team. Yeah, it's "unfair" in the sense that women are naturally not going to be as physically fit as men, but when it comes to fighting for not just your own survival, but also those around you... you can't afford to cut anyone slack for any reason.

That being said, selective enforcement of standards is another can of worms on its own...

• No, that's a dumb idea. There's a reason why throughout history the fighting has been left to men. This division has always been essential to our survival.

Men and women are biologically designed for different things. Men: hunting, fighting, protecting. Women: carrying and nurturing children. While some people are out there fighting, others need to look after the children during and after the war. After the war, for a culture to sustain itself it needs children.

Less women = less children so risking losing a high number of them is a huge risk to the country/culture the people are fighting to preserve. And women aren't as physically capable as men. It makes no sense to send women. This isn't to say that women are "inferior", that's nonsense. They just aren't designed to fight.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean everything should be equal but I don't really want to go off to war

• Neither did millions of male drafted soldiers...