Should women be included in the draft?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If we are going to continue keeping all military occupations open to women, then yes.

In my opinion, they should just leave the physical standards for combat jobs on par with that of men, to ensure that there are no weak links in the team. Yeah, it's "unfair" in the sense that women are naturally not going to be as physically fit as men, but when it comes to fighting for not just your own survival, but also those around you... you can't afford to cut anyone slack for any reason.

That being said, selective enforcement of standards is another can of worms on its own...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's a dumb idea. There's a reason why throughout history the fighting has been left to men. This division has always been essential to our survival.

Men and women are biologically designed for different things. Men: hunting, fighting, protecting. Women: carrying and nurturing children. While some people are out there fighting, others need to look after the children during and after the war. After the war, for a culture to sustain itself it needs children.

Less women = less children so risking losing a high number of them is a huge risk to the country/culture the people are fighting to preserve. And women aren't as physically capable as men. It makes no sense to send women. This isn't to say that women are "inferior", that's nonsense. They just aren't designed to fight.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean everything should be equal but I don't really want to go off to war

0|0
    0|0
    • Neither did millions of male drafted soldiers...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• First and foremost I don't think a draft will happen in America again. Diplomacy and civilian standards of living is more valuable then any war could achieve today. With that in mind, if a draft is called, its the tipping point of extinction and current standards are already gone.

When fighting for survival, you still need to look past the war. The biggest issue i have on drafting women is the reproductive bottleneck for recovery. A whole generation could be wiped out and then any war would be a Pyrrhic victory.

I think we should abolish the current system with an established break glass in case of emergency plan ready and change it as needed. In today's values the draft question and papers are not needed and sets expectations that is not positive anymore for the worse case scenario that is needed.

In my scenario all branches of government will make a speech with heavy hearts and all possible courses exhausted, break open a sealed container with the draft everyone seen coming for the current war. Men will respect it more then the Vietnam war and resemble closer to world war mentality, and that heart could be the deciding factor for that war.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering no one has been drafted since Vietnam, we have millions of reservists who can be activated in times of need, thus with the current setup there should be no need to ever have a draft.
    However, with women being accepted into more combat oriented MOSes I think they should be eligible for the draft. Equal opportunity.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, and not just because women shouldn't fight but just because we can't totally empty the country. Someone has to keep watching the kids and running the factories so I still have ammo to use.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm for equal treatment, so really I should say YES, so I don't sound like a hypocrite, but realistically I think they SHOULDN'T

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m on the fence honestly. Why do you think they shouldn’t?

• Well, I'm against the draft for everyone, men AND women, so...

• 100% yes, and they should face the same penalties for not enrolling. Either that or we end the draft completely. Welcome to gender equality

0|0
    0|1
  • No, and neither should men. 2 wrongs doesn't make a right, and the draft is simply immoral.

0|0
    0|1
  • I say no. Only because no one has been drafted in at least the last 20 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Included , how about women only being drafted instead like it was for men only. There's your equity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, especially the feminists.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah of course!

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. Are you a feminist?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not really but I’m not a conservative either

• This actually raises a serious question. What are the basic responsibilities of a citizen?

The draft isn't really a thing anymore in most of Europe so the vote isn't really an argument.
      Maybe in a more conservative Europe/America you could reach a compromise by letting an unmarried/widowed woman to vote but not a married one, since she had the family on her mind and her husband WAS part of the draft. Gender roles were pretty serious.

Anyway, so nowadays the draft isn't really a thing anymore. However Israel does draft women...
      Hm...
      Well given the fact that it's the 21st century and we've come to the conclusion that the color or gender of a citizen doesn't really matter, but what matters is their contribution, I'd say women SHOULD be part of the draft, but only in times of need (reffer back to Israel)
      And just like in Israel, I'd say women should stay a little less than men.

• Do you want to vote?

0|0
    0|0
  • For non-combat roles, sure.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes rights must be balanced with responsibilities.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one should be drafted

0|0
    0|1
  • I hate the draft but yes both men and women should fear for there lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah

or they should just not draft at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't think only men should be drafted.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I do not like the idea of a draft no matter the gender

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes