Do You Support Trump's Border Wall Idea?

Personally, I don't. I'll just leave it at that to piss off as few people as I can, 'cause I'm just not up for debate today. Leave your ideaology and why, please- trying to collect a few perspectives.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Undecided/Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• no. it seems largely ineffective and costly at this point. 10-15 years ago perhaps but in 2019 it would be a multi-billion dollar effort to stop the least traversed method of illegal immigration. i think the focus should be on real ways to thwart illegal immigration rather than multi-billion dollar symbols

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is based on a very ill-informed and uneducated idea of how illegal immigration happens in this country. It's really just a useless, expensive monument to Trump's ego and the incredible stupidity of racists.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I guess A. The wall is majorly symbolic of a desire to protect our country and work towards curbing illegal immigration. I agree with both of those premises. The walls work when placed strategically, but we know that most of the illegal immigrants come in on Visas, so if we really want to stop it that's what we need to focus on.

As for the shutdown, it's a ridiculous political stunt on both sides. If Trump really wanted a wall he should've done it when repubs controlled congress. The democrats have signed border wall funding multiple times over the past few decades and now are refusing to do it because they hate Trump. The shutdown has now exceeded the cost Trump was asking for and the democrats are still refusing to negotiate. This is stupid political hackery.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it will greatly cut down on illegal Crossing as we see across the world with other border walls.

It's about 40% come across the border illegally. Illegal cost America over a hundred billion dollars a year and the wall is 5 billion dollars.

So for the cost of five billion dollars you can cut a problem that cost over a hundred million dollars by about 40%. And that's just the first step of course Democrats can't give Trump a win because he guarantees he's going to be president until 2024

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. It's expensive, an eyesore, and would be pretty ineffective. Most illegal immigrants are visa over-stayers to begin with and most smuggling occurs through legal ports of entry. Even putting all that aside, walls can be scaled, tunneled under, and blasted through.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope , this government shutdown and wanting to
    build a wall is doing more damage to the United States
    1.) Senior Citizens living in high-rise landlords
    won't get paid , they could risk eviction.

2.) People on Snap benefits, taft will lose
    their benefits

3.) People on medications on Medicaid
    their pharmacy and doctors won't get
    paid.

4.) People in public housing their
    landlords won't get paid , evictions
    could happen

5.) People working for Post offices
    won't get paid and we won't get mail

6.) Part of disability supplemented
    by the government will get cut off

7.) It could result in police officers
    not getting paid and court cases
    will get cancelled

Yes the list goes on what people don't know and it's serious

1|0
    0|0
  • While I do not support every thing he does I support the border wall and I think anyone who is going to sit here and say it will not work are clueless because none of us could know until we try but the US has spent money on way worse stuff than that like foreign aid to Israel and other countries and got nothing back in return at least with this it would keep a fair amount of people out maybe not a huge amount but some.

0|0
    0|0
  • To an extent. Keep in mind democrats supported the border wall for years and the only reason they are against it now is because trump is pushing for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not American. But yes, I support it. Hungary has shown the effectiveness of a strengthened border quite well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Trump needs to stand firm on a border wall regardless of the resistance he gets. It should have happened LONG ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I will go take pics of it when its built.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I do. I’m all for immigration; America was built by immigrants, and the diversity has enriched our society. But unlawfully entering our country is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. Why do we have doors and locks on our homes? Not because we hate the people who are outside, but because we love the people who are inside.

1|0
    0|0
  • The government should not waste money on stupid stuff

Plus Trump should pay for it with his own money if he wants a wall

1|0
    0|0
  • There are better ways to spend money like on getting better heathcare, fixing Flints water crisis, and fixing the roads

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes