Is ıt possible to live in Israel speaking English but no Hebrew?

I am jewish and I am interested in moving to Israel but I can't speak hebrew and I am too lazy to learn a new language.
Is ıt possible to live in Israel without knowing hebrew.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, of course. Lots of Israelis speak fluent English. However, it would be disrespectful to your "hosts" if you didn't try to learn their primary native language.

0|2
    0|0
  • No, then you don’t move there. You should never ever move to a country unless you’re prepared to work hard to fit in to their society - and that definitely includes something as basic as learning their language.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• certainly possible

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

tons of people speak English in israel. the honest truth is English speakers can live almost anywhere without learning another language

• Well, the thing about making Aliyah (= moving to Israel) is that you are almost forced to go into ulpan. So you basically have to go study Hebrew very intensively for several months.

The simple reality about Israel is that yes, everyone speaks English. But everything is done in Hebrew and everyone expects you to be able to speak Hebrew. In corporate environments, they also speak Hebrew.

Israel is a tough society to fit in as oleh (=someone who makes Aliyah). For immigration to be successful, you definitely NEED to be able to speak Hebrew.

More often than not, olim who do not try to integrate into the place already desire to go back to their native country within years.

So learn the damn language. It's not hard

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

If you weigh the benefits of learning Hebrew, which are massive since you can then actually function in society, against the time it costs of learning Hebrew (which is not long if you really try), then you're just dumb if you don't learn Hebrew

• Israel has a rather high proportion of English speaking people so not impossible

0|0
    0|0
  • You will need a gas mask, knowledge of hand grenades, and a few other combat necessities.

Then you might survive, English-speaking or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes